Can use some apps, but not Youtube or play ANY game online.

Discus and support Can use some apps, but not Youtube or play ANY game online. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can see my friends, I can access other online services that aren't down on xbox.com/status, but I cannot play Halo 5 or ESO. I get an error that my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by irGoodman, Nov 6, 2015.

1. irGoodman
    irGoodman Guest

I can see my friends, I can access other online services that aren't down on xbox.com/status, but I cannot play Halo 5 or ESO. I get an error that my account doesn't have multiplayer privileges and to sign in to an account that does.

I have:

- Changed nothing. My console moves to a different connection (and physical location) every now and then but it has never been a problem (and should never be)

- Forwarded all xbox live ports (even though this has never been required)

- Cleared alternate MAC

- Set IP and DNS to automatic

- Held xbox power for 10s and unplugged power for 5 minutes

- Turned off router and unplugged cord for 5 minutes

I'm honestly at a loss and don't understand what's going on. I was in the preview program and I'm actually given an error and told it's only for preview members if I try open the app, could this be a problem? Just confused and trying to troubleshoot! Any
    thoughts?

EDIT: Wow, my forum post name is grey indicating no xbox live subscription - only problem with that is that on the site it's redeemed until march next year.

:)

irGoodman, Nov 6, 2015
  2. TGO thiago
    TGO thiago Guest
    CANT USE ONLINE GAMES AND APPS

Hello , since yesterday i'm having troubles with online apps (youtube, edge) didn't open (says
    try again or use offline) when i "use offline" it gets online and works ... but this problem doesn't allow me to play DESTINY the game says i must have
    an xbox live account (mine expires november 2016) how can i play online games with this bug ?

TGO thiago, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Random Entry
    Random Entry Guest
    Still not working

i can not play any games or use any apps, keep getting an error message saying 'something is wrong'.

i would also like to know why apps like now TV and YouTube stop working when Xbox live content services are unavailable, when these apps are nothing to do with xbox live services.

Random Entry, Nov 6, 2015
  4. irGoodman
    irGoodman Guest

EDIT: Wow, I think the preview update may have broken my xbox/acc. It thinks I am online but my friends list hasn't changed since 18 hours ago. The xbox site says I haven't been online since then but my xbox thinks it is online right now.

irGoodman, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Heya irGoodman.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble while in the Xbox One Update preview. Be sure you're providing feedback through the Preview App. I've also made sure that you have access to the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums now. Head on over there and let them know what's going on.

If you still can't access that forum go ahead and create a new thread and let us know so we can make sure you have access. Thanks!

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  6. irGoodman Win User

EDIT: Wow, I think the preview update may have broken my xbox/acc. It thinks I am online but my friends list hasn't changed since 18 hours ago. The xbox site says I haven't been online since then but my xbox thinks it is online right now.
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Heya irGoodman.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble while in the Xbox One Update preview. Be sure you're providing feedback through the Preview App. I've also made sure that you have access to the
    Xbox One Update Preview forums now. Head on over there and let them know what's going on.

If you still can't access that forum go ahead and create a new thread and let us know so we can make sure you have access. Thanks!
  8. Half Fish Half Win User

problems with downloading games

Have you had any internet connectivity on your Xbox One? Have you been able to play any online games or browse the Xbox digital store or use apps like YouTube and Netflix?
  9. TwistedTitanium Win User

New streaming platform for Xbox?

I heard that some Mixer streamers are moving over to YouTube gaming, i wonder if we can use the YouTube app?
  10. HyruleBalverine Win User

My code doesn't work

I'm referring to features sush as: playing online; usings apps like Netflix, YouTube, or IE; using party chat; etc. Are you experiencing problems trying to access any of these features while using your trial of gold?
Thema:

1. Can use some apps, but not Youtube or play ANY game online. - Similar Threads - apps Youtube play

2. Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Youtube app is not playing videos (Xbox series X): Sometimes videos will play other times it will just be a black screen....is this happening for anybody else? submitted by /u/psiguy6 [link] [comments]
  3. Direct Stream From YouTube App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Direct Stream From YouTube App: At one point on the xbox one you could stream directly from the YouTube app. It was quietly removed when mixer came along. I would like to see it return on the series x or s I have upgraded to the...
  4. YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube App won’t play after May 2021 update: YouTube App wanted to update. After attempting update, the app will not load. I have uninstalled all and redownloaded and it still won’t play. It goes to the YouTube start screen and the loading...
  5. I can't play or use any of my apps or games not even youtube

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play or use any of my apps or games not even youtube: A couple weeks ago I TURNED ON my Xbox to start playing it, but when I tried to start up ANY game it said error code 0x80070005 so I did what anyone would do and I entered the code on...
  6. I can't play the YouTube app in mi 360, I deleted and reinstaled and it doesn't work yet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the YouTube app in mi 360, I deleted and reinstaled and it doesn't work yet: I deleted the app and reinstaled again and the message keep there, I do what the support page says, what else can I do? The other apps and games works correctly 14c17e08-827c-43de-b5b0-67bf7da61030
  7. Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my xbox turn off from inactivity if youtube app is open and playing a video?: Seeing as there is no sleep timer yet i was wondering if inactivity timer will turn off if youtube is open and playing. a9b1e459-378d-4f1d-a304-115e7710efc0
  8. Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app is now useless (can't play 60fps and people are updating all channel videos to ...: The app is now useless since you can change the uploads you did before and update them to 60fps and after that they won't play anymore on Xbox (for example Youtuber "theradbrad"). If user uploads...
  9. Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app won't play HD60fps and goes directly to 480p: So the app can't play new videos on HD anymore (those that are uploaded as 60fps). This is really annoying since I use this from a 50 inch TV and now I can't because the picture quality on 480p is...
  10. YouTube App - Xbox One - add video to play list

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube App - Xbox One - add video to play list: Hi all, I couldn't find the perfect category to ask this question but it's about the YouTube app on my Xbox One. While watching YouTube on my computer I can like the videos or create playlists...