Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

Discus and support Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; First off, I love that the Kinect now signs me in when it recognizes me even though I have a pass-code, and it only prompts for it when I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan Gleebahls, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls?

First off, I love that the Kinect now signs me in when it recognizes me even though I have a pass-code, and it only prompts for it when I'm not recognized. Thank you!

I loved the feature on XB360 that would allow me to enter my pass-code to allow a 'one-time' session for my son to play an M-rated game, or place the game in an exemptions list that I could manage easily. The way it's set up now I have to go to my
    sons account settings and raise his age--save and go launch the game. I then have to remember to lower his age when he's done, its kind of a pain.

By the way, the pop-up that comes up when someone is trying to play a game above their age restriction will grant the child account access to said game forever. I accidentally did this for my son when he tried to play AC4 thinking it would be a one-time
    deal. This feature isn't very cool.

:)

Dan Gleebahls, Apr 1, 2014
  2. Miss Ermine
    Miss Ermine Guest
    My profiles parental account was not a LIVE account; Now I can't recover it.

Hey there! So is this the account that you're having trouble logging onto?

• It should tell you what parental account it is that needs to give you the permission.
    • Once you know the address, we can use the
      recovery tool
      to get us back into that Parental account.
    • From there, you can swap the parental account if necessary to one that your parents still use.
    Does that plan of attack make sense?

Miss Ermine, Apr 1, 2014
  3. GebrPouz
    GebrPouz Guest
    US Navy against Xbox One 24h online check

I agree that its BS that they get an exemption, because that means that they can easily switch off this whole feature, why would they get an exemption? I want one as well.. No, I dont want an exemption, I want that there wont be a region-lock/import-block
    feature, why cant I use an xbox one outside any of the 21 release countries? and the US army can?

GebrPouz, Apr 1, 2014
  4. C0D3 red
    C0D3 red Guest

I doubt this will be brought back since its not in high demand and you're the only person I have seen complaining about it being gone. I'm not really sure there is anything more you can do, sorry. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? :(

C0D3 red, Apr 1, 2014
  5. C0D3 red Win User

I doubt this will be brought back since its not in high demand and you're the only person I have seen complaining about it being gone. I'm not really sure there is anything more you can do, sorry. :(
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

My profiles parental account was not a LIVE account; Now I can't recover it.

Hey there! So is this the account that you're having trouble logging onto?

• It should tell you what parental account it is that needs to give you the permission.
    • Once you know the address, we can use the
      recovery tool
      to get us back into that Parental account.
    • From there, you can swap the parental account if necessary to one that your parents still use.
    Does that plan of attack make sense?
  7. GebrPouz Win User

US Navy against Xbox One 24h online check

I agree that its BS that they get an exemption, because that means that they can easily switch off this whole feature, why would they get an exemption? I want one as well.. No, I dont want an exemption, I want that there wont be a region-lock/import-block
    feature, why cant I use an xbox one outside any of the 21 release countries? and the US army can?
  8. Murderstyle75 Win User

Little info on Valves "console" codenamed 'Piston'

Very creative. We should start a church. We could become exempt from paying taxes also.
  9. Nugs of Karma Win User

family gold pack

also beware that when you are moved from the family pack, you have to wait five days before being able to access gold inside of the family pack again. you CAN get around this, but the primary account holder has to call support and have them make an exemption
    for the secondary if they want to add you back to the pack before the five days. The exemption allows you to access the gold without waiting the five days.
Thema:

1. Can We Get the 'Exemption List' Back For Parental Controls? - Similar Threads - 'Exemption List' Parental

2. Friends List

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friends List: I’m a PS4 Minecraft player and I can’t find the friends list portion of the microsoft website. I’m only getting denied access to certain pages because it says I need to change priavacy settings on...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Installed but not showing up in game list

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Installed but not showing up in game list: Hello, So yesterday I Installed Forza Horizon 4 and went to sleep. Today, I log into Xbox(beta) and can't find it, I've found the root folder in /Windowsapps, all the files seems to be here but...
  4. ***Idea*** Add an option to be able to delete the games in the "Installing" list. Currently...

in XboX Insiders
    ***Idea*** Add an option to be able to delete the games in the "Installing" list. Currently...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  5. On xbox.account.com, My Games should list all Xbox games you own. It does not.

in XboX Insiders
    On xbox.account.com, My Games should list all Xbox games you own. It does not.: I redeemed a code for Halo Master Chief Collection back in 2016, it does not appear in the My Games section on xbox.account.com. I am pretty sure it used to appear years ago, somewhere, but now...
  6. How to clear list of notifications in X Box App

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to clear list of notifications in X Box App: In the X Box app under the bell icon is a list of notifications. How can I delete them ? 05ec47d2-746c-47bc-b2a6-9399265c797c
  7. Minor issue with opening friends list

in XboX Insiders
    Minor issue with opening friends list: Ever since the update from two or three days ago I noticed a problem when opening up the friends list. When clicking it to open instead of the list of friends being displayed it is blank except...
  8. Minecraft friends list goes blank after 10 minutes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft friends list goes blank after 10 minutes?: My kids are playing with their friends. Several are on Xbox, a few are on Ipads, and others are on PCs. We have 2 accounts, and after 10 minutes or so one of the two accounts goes blank and all...
  9. Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...

in XboX Insiders
    Deleting the game The two point hospital this does not disappear from the list of installed...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  10. Purchasing Games Before Release Day Makes Them Exempt?

in XBoX Rewards
    Purchasing Games Before Release Day Makes Them Exempt?: I would like a definitive answer on whether or not MyVIP qualifies for the credit of digitally purchasing a game that is not out yet but that I am immediately charged for since the game is only a...