Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards

Discus and support Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I dont see why we do not have the option to do this already but I think this addition will help alot of people out submitted by /u/Jack4901 [link]... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jack4901, Aug 1, 2020.

1. /u/Jack4901
    /u/Jack4901 Guest

Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards

I dont see why we do not have the option to do this already but I think this addition will help alot of people out

submitted by /u/Jack4901
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jack4901, Aug 1, 2020
  2. CyclingGuyNOLA Win User

Ik can not buy a game whit my prepaidcard

Hi! Backwards Compatible games can not be purchased using gift cards\account credit but, if you can get access to an Xbox 360, you can use the gift card to purchase it from the Xbox 360 then download it via Ready to Install on your Xbox One.

Hope that helps!
  3. Smwutches Win User

Need help about purchasing 360 DLC on Xbox One

Unfortunately the only way to purchase backwards compatible content on the One is via a credit card or Paypal. The only way to use funds from an Xbox gift card would be to make the purchase on a 360 console.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Unable to buy backwards compatible titles for / on Xbox One S.

Do you have a valid Credit/Debit card on the account? You need one on the account to make the purchase

You can not use xbox live gift card currency for backwards compatible games unless you are doing it from the xbox 360 console itself.

Is your account a child account? Child accounts can not purchase 360 backward compatible games.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

Hello Darkling,

Sorry for the issue with purchasing backward compatible games. The only way you could use the gift card for them purchases is on a Xbox 360. Purchasing backward compatible games on Xbox one has never been able to use currency, always needed paypal or credit
    card unfortunately.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have been having issues purchasing backwards compatible games

You cannot purchase backward compatible games with a gift card
Thema:

1. Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards - Similar Threads - option purchase backward

2. Purchased DLC not showing the option to install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased DLC not showing the option to install?: Ive just recently(within the last ten minutes) purchased some skin/character dlc for Gears of War 5, and while all purchases have been confirmed with a digital receipt with my paypal, none of then...
  3. Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase: I found an irritating bug that prevented me from buying an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox ONE, although the game is compatible it is not possible to purchase it on the Xbox ONE. A Microsoft support...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate did not give me an option to purchase 3 months.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate did not give me an option to purchase 3 months.: I just purchased the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate today and it is the first time I have purchased the Ultimate edition. On the first page of the Game Pass site it said 'Get 3 Months of Game Pass...
  5. Xbox (beta), can't see purchase options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (beta), can't see purchase options: Could you help me please, why I don't have any options regarding buying a game pass? [img] c3a208e1-2947-4156-99dd-871fc081a986
  6. Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?: Yesterday I bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition because I didnt know that multiple versions of MC exist for the PC. When I tried to return it today to buy the Java version, there was no option to let...
  7. I purchased minecraft but it can not install on my device, the option for refund is not...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased minecraft but it can not install on my device, the option for refund is not...: I just purchased Minecraft to put on my daughters computer and can not install it for her to play. I'm not sure what the problem is but if the process is this confusing I don't even care anymore....
  8. Problems with not getting an option to download/install an app after purchasing it with a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems with not getting an option to download/install an app after purchasing it with a...: I am using a PC not a console, I have recently ordered a digital app using a code and it does not say if the purchase was successful or not. I am unable to download or install the app and I cannot...
  9. Can not purchase Team Fortress 2 Xbox One Enhanced - No Option Given To Buy It

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not purchase Team Fortress 2 Xbox One Enhanced - No Option Given To Buy It: I have a Xbox One S. I see that Team Fortress 2 is Xbox One Enhanced. But when I go to Xbox.com to buy it, it does not give me the option to buy it. Why is this? ad5eeaac-73c2-42f5-8bd2-522bad6e9bd2
  10. No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games: I own an Xbox one, I never owned a 360, nor do I know someone who currently does.. Anyways, I have spent over 8 hours online and on the phone with MS Support and I am still unable to purchase...