Can we get the option to request backwards compatible games

Discus and support Can we get the option to request backwards compatible games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have quite a few games I csnt play unless I purchase a xbox 360 again and I hate seeing the games not being played and here th [img] [img] [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JOK3R J 83, Aug 15, 2022.

1. JOK3R J 83
    JOK3R J 83 Guest

I have quite a few games I csnt play unless I purchase a xbox 360 again and I hate seeing the games not being played and here th
    Can we get the option to request backwards compatible games [​IMG]

ey are

:)

JOK3R J 83, Aug 15, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, JOK3R! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I understand how important it is for you to be able to play these games on newer consoles. Unfortunately, in November of last year, Xbox announced no further games would be added to the Backward Compatibility program due to licensing, legal and technical constraints.

"While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints. Thank you for being part of this journey with us."

You can see the announcement at: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/15/70-new-b...

If you'd like to submit Ideas and Requests for the Xbox team, you may do it through the Xbox Idea Hub at: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a "PUP" (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps

Best regards.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hello there,

We understand that you have an inquiry here in regards to backwards compatibility, and a list of games that you would enjoy having join the backwards compatibility list.

The process for getting games to join the backwards compatibility list is to request it from the developers of these games. Developers make games backwards compatible when they see a growing number in requests for specific titles.

In this case, the developer for most of the Harry Potter series happens to be
    Electronic Arts
    . It would be best to request these titles with them so that we can see titles like these return.

We hope that this information helps, we will be locking this thread to deter repeated answers, but we wish you the best!
  4. Ov3R fR4g Uk Win User

The FEAR series

As much as I hate scary games I really enjoyed the FEAR games. Would be nice to get them backwards compatible so I could be play them through again. Im sure we can request backwards compatible games on a thread somewhere?
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Backwards Compatibility Requests

Hello Red,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have requests for games to become backward compatible. Unfortunately, they are not taking requests any longer. They have stopped this over a year ago. As they are focusing on the new console and backward
    compatibility for that the program is on hold. Backward compatible is mostly up to the developer anyways. As there nothing more we can do I will be locking this thread.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. AlightWall83356 Win User

I posted my suggestion on providing Xbox One Backwards Compatibility for Cars Race-O-Rama on the Xbox Uservoice page but it got deleted.

Do you know of any page where we can request for Xbox One Backwards Compatible Games?
Thema:

1. Can we get the option to request backwards compatible games - Similar Threads - option request backwards

2. Windows request - Dim option and Wake up from Sleep mode through controller.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows request - Dim option and Wake up from Sleep mode through controller.: I think PC needs two features we have been missing for YEARS at this point guys, specially for us who purchased the Xbox Wireless Adapter, thinking we can have the same experience of Xbox users...
  3. Please seriously consider adding option to Xbox App Game List….FEATURE REQUEST

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please seriously consider adding option to Xbox App Game List….FEATURE REQUEST: Please seriously consider adding the option to the Xbox App Game LIBRARY to be able to LIST owned games. Currently the game library is displayed as graphic images, which are very difficult to...
  4. Please seriously consider adding option to Xbox App Game List….FEATURE REQUEST

in XboX Insiders
    Please seriously consider adding option to Xbox App Game List….FEATURE REQUEST: Please seriously consider adding the option to the Xbox App Game LIBRARY to be able to LIST owned games. Currently the game library is displayed as graphic images, which are very difficult to...
  5. Fraud issues but no option for fraud when requesting a refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud issues but no option for fraud when requesting a refund: Why is it that Xbox Live only gives you four options on who ordered something and none of them is “unknown” user. There are four options like Xbox Live is pretending that fraud doesnt exist on its...
  6. Xbox needs to allow the option to manually accept or deny friend requests for the Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox needs to allow the option to manually accept or deny friend requests for the Series X: Lately, I've had a ton of unknown accounts that I've never played with before follow me. I don't know who these accounts belong to and some accounts just straight up gave zero games or gamerscore....
  7. Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options.: I just wanted to throw out a certain feature that I think would do well on console. In extreme short, I want to be able to toss any external drive I want at the console and it be capable of...
  8. Need to convert points, no option to request deposit....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need to convert points, no option to request deposit....: Why can't I deposit points? There is no option to request early deposit.... 6bdb58db-de4a-468f-8e85-6896a8fccec1
  9. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite - Tournament Hub Option request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Marvel vs Capcom Infinite - Tournament Hub Option request: Dear MSFT Xbox, May I request "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite - Tournament Hub Option request" as Killer Instinct and Injustice 2 had. + Create/Add ranking section (editable rules, such points per...
  10. Greyed out options in profiles: send friend request/disable audio. Can't block/report/see ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greyed out options in profiles: send friend request/disable audio. Can't block/report/see ...: Ok what's going on? Is it only me? When I play online, check the list of recent players, select a player and check his profile: - I don't see his profile picture - Add friend and disable audio...