Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; More specifically can an Xbox Gift Card be used to buy a customized controller in Microsoft’s Design Lab? I’ve heard recently they had made this... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Soccergirl3500, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

More specifically can an Xbox Gift Card be used to buy a customized controller in Microsoft’s Design Lab? I’ve heard recently they had made this possible and wanted to verify.

:)

Soccergirl3500, Sep 17, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Which is better, Microsoft Gift Card or Xbox Gift Card?

Hi Ammon,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question about the gift cards. Microsoft gift cards and Xbox gift cards are for both Microsoft and Xbox.

This is directly from the
    Microsoft gift card
    :

With a Microsoft Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy devices, games, software, apps, movies, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital gift code is good for purchases
    at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

This is directly from the
    Xbox gift card
    :

With an Xbox Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy the hottest new Xbox full game downloads, apps, movies, TV shows, devices, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital
    gift code is good for purchases at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

If you are purchasing devices like Xbox console, surface pro they are limited to being used for them.

If you will be mainly using these on an Xbox console, then the Xbox gift card is perfect.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. OvercastBlock41 Win User

Buying xbox 360 games

I dont know exactly what you mean but all microsoft gift cards can be used on an xbox or pc.

For example: you can use a microsoft store gift card to buy an xbox game and vice versa.

I had the same experience too and i still use gift cards instead of credit cards to get my gamepass/gold memberships and many virtual games.
  4. FeliciaCarpenter1 Win User

Xbox Gift Card On A Microsoft Game

Hi

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Yes, it can be used on Microsoft game or Microsoft Store purchases also.

What can you buy with an Xbox Gift Card?

You can get the latest games, movies, and TV shows on Xbox, top games and apps on Windows, and devices like Xbox consoles and bundles at Microsoft Store online.

Where can I spend a gift card?

Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, your gift card balance is available to spend when you shop at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores.

Source -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-gift-car...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.
    to be clear I can use the xbox gift card on this particular game?
  5. NastyButtler322 Win User

Buying 360 games with a gift card on xbox one

So, you just restated my problem as the solution. Awesome. I don't know anyone with a 360, and do not have a credit card. I can use my microsoft account balance drafted from the gift card to purchase things from the microsoft store, but not the xbox store
    on the xbox website, even though it is an xbox gift card, and not a "microsoft store" gift card.
  6. Allebas Win User

Can not purchase game

I am unsure if a Xbox Gift is refundable. I know a Microsoft Gift card is refundable if brought from Microsoft and in't use within 14 days. Do your son have a Xbox One? If so, he can use use the gift card for Gold/Gampass subscriptions and other Xbox
    One games.
Thema:

Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

1. Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - Gift Cards Used

2. XBOX LIVE GIFT CARD ALREADY USED

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE GIFT CARD ALREADY USED: Hi, I just bought an xbox live gift card of 50 euros from a seller on g2a. The store tells me that the code was already used and the seller says that I need to show him the exact date when the...
  3. Can i buy Windows Store PC Games by using Xbox gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i buy Windows Store PC Games by using Xbox gift card?: so im adult but dont have credit card or any non-physical method of payment and want to buy Remastered version of GTA SA from windows store, im think about using gift cards but i cant find any...
  4. Is it possible to use money (from a gift card) on the website, once it's on your xbox??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to use money (from a gift card) on the website, once it's on your xbox??: I have 10USD on my account, and wish to use it on the website. But cannot find a way. c39c4612-82ed-4d09-8773-b1710ae5c4f3
  5. Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card?: Can I buy Xbox Live from xbox app using Google Play Gift Card? 45c16352-55c0-4510-8b62-a4727cbc7c1f
  6. can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?: If I have a Microsoft Gift Card, can I purchase Minecraft Premium Account Java Edition? I would like to use the points I have on Microsoft Rewards to get a Microsoft Gift Card to purchase the...
  7. Microsoft store erro ao usar crédito do gift card (Microsoft store error when using gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store erro ao usar crédito do gift card (Microsoft store error when using gift...: Hola he comprado una tarjeta de regalo de Argentina y Brasil cambiado de cuenta para Argentina y redimido a la tarjeta de regalo, sin embargo cuando intento hacer un juego de compra para mi xbox...
  8. Use Game Gift Card on xBox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use Game Gift Card on xBox 360: Hey. I use the grand theft auto 5 the game gift card on my mobile phone xBox application. İts a live code. The program accept but now I cant enter the game with my xBox360 program said the xBox...
  9. Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.: I redeemed Microsoft points for a 5 dollar Xbox gift card, now im having trouble using it to buy a game in the store. It seems that the gift card has been converted to Microsoft miscellaneous...
  10. Xbox.com won't let me use gift card to buy anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox.com won't let me use gift card to buy anything.: I recently bought a $25 gift card for Xbox, and I'm trying to buy a game that the Microsoft store will only allow me to get on xbox.com. I went to xbox.com, and it says that I need to add a credit...