Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; More specifically can an Xbox Gift Card be used to buy a customized controller in Microsoft’s Design Lab? I’ve heard recently they had made this... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Soccergirl3500, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

More specifically can an Xbox Gift Card be used to buy a customized controller in Microsoft’s Design Lab? I’ve heard recently they had made this possible and wanted to verify.

:)

Soccergirl3500, Sep 17, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Which is better, Microsoft Gift Card or Xbox Gift Card?

Hi Ammon,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question about the gift cards. Microsoft gift cards and Xbox gift cards are for both Microsoft and Xbox.

This is directly from the
    Microsoft gift card
    :

With a Microsoft Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy devices, games, software, apps, movies, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital gift code is good for purchases
    at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

This is directly from the
    Xbox gift card
    :

With an Xbox Gift Card, give the freedom to pick the gift they want. It can be used to buy the hottest new Xbox full game downloads, apps, movies, TV shows, devices, and more. There are no fees or expiration dates to worry about. This digital
    gift code is good for purchases at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. It cannot be used for purchases at physical Microsoft Stores.

If you are purchasing devices like Xbox console, surface pro they are limited to being used for them.

If you will be mainly using these on an Xbox console, then the Xbox gift card is perfect.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Pre ordering Series X with gift cards

This page covers most of those details. Check the FAQ at the bottom.

The important parts would be

"Do gift cards expire?

No, gift cards purchased at retail never expire. Note that promotional gift cards like those from Microsoft Rewards or Xbox Live Rewards do expire."

"What is the difference between a Microsoft Gift Card and an Xbox Gift Card?

The cards work just the same. Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, you can spend your balance at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox."

"Where can I spend a gift card?

Once redeemed to your Microsoft account, your gift card balance is available to spend when you shop at Microsoft Store online, on Windows, and on Xbox. Gift cards do not currently work at physical Microsoft Stores."

Should cover you. One thing I'm not certain with is if "gift cards" can be used to pre-order physical goods. Might want to check with Microsoft Store support on that?
  4. MidnightGamer9 Win User

Can I redeem Xbox gift cards and get Minecoins?

Hi, to answer your question: Yes, you can use Xbox Gift cards and/or Microsoft Gift cards to purchase things in game once you have put the Xbox or Microsoft Gift card on your account. Hope that helps, enjoy the game.
  5. PokeyCarcass766 Win User

Before I redeem Xbox gift card, I have a question for you.

Hi, everybody! Before, I redeem xbox gift card for Microsoft rewards, do I need require Xbox Live Gold membership, before I can redeem. I have over 9000 points. Do I require Xbox Live Gold membership, before I redeem xbox gift card or Microsoft
    gift card for Microsoft Rewards? Is it same I can use Microsoft gift card and Xbox gift card for PCs, Xbox One and Xbox 360?
    yes xbox gift cards will work on pc,s and yes you need xbox live gold go for xbox live gold first.
  6. OvercastBlock41 Win User

Buying xbox 360 games

I dont know exactly what you mean but all microsoft gift cards can be used on an xbox or pc.

For example: you can use a microsoft store gift card to buy an xbox game and vice versa.

I had the same experience too and i still use gift cards instead of credit cards to get my gamepass/gold memberships and many virtual games.
Thema:

Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store?

1. Can Xbox Gift Cards Be Used In The Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - Gift Cards Used

2. How to use gift card balance to pay for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to use gift card balance to pay for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription: Hi I have purchased an XBox gift card and added it to my account. How can I direct that my upcoming monthly Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription is paid from those funds, and not from my credit...
  3. I had bought a gift card and am using that for my xbox gold but now i cant afford it

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I had bought a gift card and am using that for my xbox gold but now i cant afford it: I uses the gift card to buy 2 months of gold but now that i only have £2.03 it still charged me and i cannot remove the subscription and am left in debt. I used Microsoft and xbox support but...
  4. Wont let me use my gift card to buy game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wont let me use my gift card to buy game pass ultimate: I have tried everything and it wont give me an option to pay with a gift card. This is the most pissed of I have ever been please help. 003dee9e-7f75-49cc-aafc-fdc54e6ed8e7
  5. I won a Xbox Gift Card $5 from a sale in the Xbox One store, but cant use it.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I won a Xbox Gift Card $5 from a sale in the Xbox One store, but cant use it.: I won a Xbox Gift Card $5 from a sale in the Xbox One store, but it was US Dollars, and I live in Singapore. I changed my region to US to redeem the code but I cant use the money as I dont have a...
  6. How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase: Hi all, I need help on using Xbox gift card for a child purchase. My teenager applied a new gift card to his family account. We could see the correct dollar balance there after he applied it. No...
  7. Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions: Hi, I bought an Xbox from UK and currently I'm using it in a different country/region. So should I have to get a gift card from UK or should I get one here ? ccbd3fdc-cccf-4fbc-b04c-279422e48362
  8. My Xbox Gift Card expires today but I can't use it! Why?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My Xbox Gift Card expires today but I can't use it! Why?: My Xbox Gift Card expires today but I can't use it! Why? I have a gift card that expires today but I can't use it when I try to check out. Any help? bf251124-bbe7-44c1-88e7-70f5a1829c67
  9. If i live in canada and buy a digital xbox gift card can .y girlfriend use it in yhe USA?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i live in canada and buy a digital xbox gift card can .y girlfriend use it in yhe USA?: Can my girlfriend use a digital xbox gift card if i bought it in canada whete j live 6a9f3f4f-8ccd-4365-b216-acbbd51b3ec6
  10. can you use an Xbox gift card for minecraft on mac?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you use an Xbox gift card for minecraft on mac?: I am trying to buy minecraft on my mac, and wasn't sure if you could use a xbox giftcard for the purchase. Is it possible to buy it with a xbox giftcard>\? 7271148b-64de-4ef8-9254-b8e71be23e9a