Can Xbox One Kinect sensor be used on Xbox 360?

Discus and support Can Xbox One Kinect sensor be used on Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it possible to adapt the Xbox One Kinect for use on Xbox 360 S? 9435c985-6a8d-40d7-bee2-047624069786 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlienGruvGod, Nov 15, 2018.

1. AlienGruvGod
    AlienGruvGod Guest

Is it possible to adapt the Xbox One Kinect for use on Xbox 360 S?

:)

AlienGruvGod, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Kinect disconnects

Hello MeerBrewer,

I regret to say I do not have an Xbox One Kinect. But, this maybe a situation where the Kinect itself needs to be updated, see Update your Kinect sensor at "Your
    Xbox One Kinect Sensor won’t turn on
    ". Also, you can find more information at "Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox One Kinect Sensor" and "Kinect
    sensor isn't recognized by your Xbox One S or original Xbox One console
    ". Let us know if this helps.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-sensor-wont-turn-on

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/troubleshoot-kinect-issues

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-sensor-not-recognized-by-console

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

greg_window10_installer, Nov 15, 2018
  3. btrips
    btrips Guest
    Xbox one S requires 49.99 adapter for kinect.

Using Kinect Sensor | Xbox One S | Xbox One X

/thread

mods please lock.

btrips, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. Xbox One accessories are not compatible with the 360.

Smwutches, Nov 15, 2018
  5. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

The Xbox One Kinect Sensor only works on the Xbox One (or the One S w/ the adapter). The Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor only works on Xbox 360.

Tormaz, Nov 15, 2018
  6. Nixelplex
    Nixelplex Guest
    The Xbox one Kinect can only be used for the Xbox one and Can't be used for the Xbox 360. The Sensors for the two systems are different Technology and connections.

Nixelplex, Nov 6, 2018
  7. greg_window10_instal Win User

Kinect disconnects

Hello MeerBrewer,

I regret to say I do not have an Xbox One Kinect. But, this maybe a situation where the Kinect itself needs to be updated, see Update your Kinect sensor at "Your
    Xbox One Kinect Sensor won’t turn on
    ". Also, you can find more information at "Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox One Kinect Sensor" and "Kinect
    sensor isn't recognized by your Xbox One S or original Xbox One console
    ". Let us know if this helps.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-sensor-wont-turn-on

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/troubleshoot-kinect-issues

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-sensor-not-recognized-by-console

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Works the Xbox one kinect together with the xbox 360?

To play the Kinect games released on the Xbox 360, you will have to play them with an Xbox 360 console with the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor.

The Kinect Sensors are not interchangeable between consoles (you cannot use One Sensor on Xbox 360, nor a 360 Sensor on Xbox One), as both Kinect Sensors have different, proprietary Kinect plugs, and the games are specifically programmed to use the exact Kinect
    sensor on the console they were released on.
  9. gds1972 Win User

Kinect 2 use with xbox 360

Hi

It is not possible to use Kinect 2 sensor with an Xbox 360 console the sensor can only be used with and Xbox One, Xbox One S and a PC.
  10. ngocphi Win User

Why?

How is my new Kinect sensor different from the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

The new Kinect for Xbox One features a 1080p camera and can accommodate smaller play spaces than its Xbox 360 predecessor. It also features a 1:1 movement ratio with little to no lag.

Use of the Kinect sensor is optional with Xbox One. But some features, like automatic player identification and voice/gesture control, won’t work without it.

Can I use the Kinect sensor from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Like other Xbox 360 peripherals and accessories, the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 is not compatible with Xbox One, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor is not compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

forums.xbox.com/.../2060179.aspx
  11. Mister Mascot Win User

Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and Xbox One S

Hey there Nixe Ahn,

Using that adapter you, should be able to hook the Kinect Sensor up to an Xbox One S console. The

FAQ guide
    for the Kinect for Windows v2 would suggest that when using the adapter the sensor should work on an Xbox One console, or Xbox One S console using the adapter since functionally it can be used in the reverse scenario.

From the FAQ

If you already own a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, please be assured that our support for the v2 sensor remains unchanged and you can continue to use it for both commercial and non-commercial uses. If you don’t have a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor, we encourage
    you to purchase the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows—which together, are functionally identical to the v2 sensor for developing and running Kinect for Windows v2 applications. We no longer manufacture Kinect for Windows v2 sensors
    and have sold out of existing stock."

Microsoft has consolidated the Kinect for Windows developer experience around the Kinect for Xbox One sensor and is no longer producing the Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. We encourage developers who do not already have the v2 sensor to use the functionally
    identical Kinect for Xbox One sensor and Kinect Adapter for Windows to create interactive v2 solutions and applications. The adapter enables you to connect a Kinect for Xbox One sensor to Windows 8.0, 8.1, and 10 PCs and tablets in the same way as you would
    a Kinect for Windows v2 sensor. Since the Kinect for Xbox One and Kinect for Windows v2 sensors are functionally identical, the Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 works exactly the same with either."

So by this information you should be able to use it without any issues, since it works in the reverse scenario.

I hope that helps to clarify things for you. :)
Thema:

1. Can Xbox One Kinect sensor be used on Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - Kinect sensor used

2. Kinect sensors and red lights without screen messages

in XBoX on Mobile
    Kinect sensors and red lights without screen messages: Model No.: Kinect. Kinect sensors and red lights without screen messages e4e6355a-27ea-4c78-8610-bf956ae2ff33
  3. Kinect Sensor Compatibility with Android devices

in XBoX on Mobile
    Kinect Sensor Compatibility with Android devices: Hey guys, so I have been trying to find an answer to this question but no one seems to have tried to do the same thing that I want. I want to connect my Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor to my phone or...
  4. sensor kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    sensor kinect: Hi, today i try to switch on my xbox 360 with kinect, and i receive the error message that the kinect in not plug in to electricity. I already change the plug and it happens the same. What can...
  5. Xbox360 Kinect Sensor Not Starting Up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Kinect Sensor Not Starting Up: My xbox360 kinect sensor is not starting up, when i power up the console, the sensor has a blinking green light and on screen i see a message " starting up sensor..", this remains for about 2-3...
  6. Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor: Where can I find a Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor? 351c8f5c-e0dd-487e-bedb-7eb002be98e3
  7. X box 360 Kinect Sensor

in XBoX Accessibility
    X box 360 Kinect Sensor: I want to connect my Kinect Sensor from my (faulty) Xbox 360 S console to my fully working just purchased original Xbox 360 console it appears I need to purchase a power/USB cable can anyone tell...
  8. Kinect startup breaks with "This sensor is not supported on Xbox360" message.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect startup breaks with "This sensor is not supported on Xbox360" message.: Hi I have recently bought a second user Kinect sensor for my Xbox 360 E - After various iterations of powering off/on, connecting disconnecting and attempting to use a kinect compatible game to...
  9. Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed: Hello, I have just received a Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor which I bought used on eBay. It seems to work ok but when I try and perform the Microphone Calibration it always fails. It successfully...
  10. KINECT SENSOR

in XBoX on Consoles
    KINECT SENSOR: hi I live in Canada. can anyone help me with the info for where can I buy adapter for old Kinect to use with new XBOX ONE?? any help will be appritiated.. 204ecbe8-78e8-4f19-ae07-cf323a97b923