can you download games 2 times on your harddrive?

Discus and support can you download games 2 times on your harddrive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my xbox with the option to keep my downloads/apps, so after the reset the problems were fixed.The 2 games i had installed -with code- are Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xiao Yao You, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Xiao Yao You
    Xiao Yao You Guest

I reset my xbox with the option to keep my downloads/apps, so after the reset the problems were fixed.The 2 games i had installed -with code- are Forza 7+Horizon 4. Both games showed up in "all games" I made the mistake to press install (again) when i
    selected the game Horizon 4, so then it started to install, but i already installed the game and had only 500+ GB left, so now i see the game starting to donwload again and taking GB from my Harddrive for 2nd time, so i decided to "cancel"te installation,
    but after that the game was dissapeard from my games. When i look at my Download history it does say that Both games are downloaded before, so do i have to download the game again? or can i select it some where else, so i can have acces/play it again, because
    now it looks when i gone download it again it takes 2x 71GB from my harddrive.....i Selected to Play Forza after this and the games is playng,so both games should be on harddrive, unless the cancelation of the 2nd time i downloaded Horizon 4, unistalled the
    fisrt download from Horizon 4 aswell. I hope i explain it right...ps its also strange - imo- that it diddent say"you already own/downloaded this game"when i installed it for the second time. I hope some1 understand this and can Help me out, i feel old, never
    had problem with 360, but these new stuf got me confused a lot

:)

Xiao Yao You, Sep 2, 2019
  2. McDaddyTree Win User

I've made the mistake (not a mistake in a bad way...just because it ended up confusing me) of putting a game on my internal and external but you shouldn't be able to download a game to one drive twice. Having it on both drives caused a lot of confusion
    for me so I ended up deleting it off both drives and starting over again so as to not confuse me or my Xbox.
  3. Xiao Yao You Win User

i havent downloaded the 2nd fully, just after i started the download i cancelled it, so now its on hold, problem is i cant find the 1st fully downloaded game
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

Yes you can. I have done it many times with my wife's account. Damn. Be careful. Download only once on one account and one drive.
  5. Xiao Yao You Win User

so ,i should see it in Cloud? i dont understand what "Cloud" means...well yeah those white things drifting in the sky, my English isnt THAT bad, but its confused that way they call something on a xbox or other like internet stuff "cloud"...serious i see
    it also some where else, but i have no idea what it is ore means
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Xiao,

Definitely only keep one copy of the game installed. If still having issues installing. We recommend a

full factory reset
    . This will remove all games and any partial installs that are corrupt.

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread as to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. can you download games 2 times on your harddrive? - Similar Threads - download games times

2. Game download size and also download time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download size and also download time: Am new to Xbox One. Frustrated by so many menus. Cannot locate anything without wading through all of the many menus. Needlessly complicated! My question is this: Why are the download sizes of...
  3. Question: time to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question: time to download a game: I have a question. I want to buy a game with the sales that are going in right now. But when I buy the game i'm not abled to install it now, because i can't get to my xbox. So my question is: how...
  4. Downloading a game for the first time. It only says 0%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading a game for the first time. It only says 0%: Hi. I'm using my Xbox for the first time. I tried to download a game but it says installing and 0%. What can I do? ef84e8f5-fe2b-4c3e-9c40-43141ddaadda
  5. does anyone know to make this game work, have downloaded many times but no success

in XBoX Games and Apps
    does anyone know to make this game work, have downloaded many times but no success: it worked for the first few months but they stopped. I have lots of puzzels marked download but nothing will download. the the two groups that you get for free work but I can't get anything else...
  6. problems in downloading the game - game freezes all the time, controller does not respond all ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problems in downloading the game - game freezes all the time, controller does not respond all ...: Hello, I have problems with the game watch Dogs 2 , the game freezes , the screen goes black and it takes a very long time to restart. ccb440ce-2b78-427f-ab7b-f729753efa1b
  7. nba game time not available to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    nba game time not available to download: The NBA game time app is not available anymore in the browse apps or search apps on Xbox 360. What has happened? It works fine on my Xbox one a38bfeac-bfae-4f71-bc92-c8f0d1a60c51
  8. Feature Request: Schedule Download Time for Games and Updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feature Request: Schedule Download Time for Games and Updates: A schedule to be able to set any Xbox One downloads (apps, games or updates) to only happen during certain times (ie. 00:00 -> 07:30). For those with bandwidth limitations of data caps, this...
  9. Can't update/download and play (different games) at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update/download and play (different games) at the same time: Last week, when AC3 came out for GwG, I started my X1 and proceeded to download it, while starting whatever game while the download started... Except it didn't start and the game didn't load. I...
  10. Every time I get and download a new game, it gives me this error code and it says it doesn't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I get and download a new game, it gives me this error code and it says it doesn't ...: everytime I download a new game, it doesn't let me even go in the game. Right when I click on it, it says something went wrong and gives me this error code: 0x800703f9 But, everytime I put this...