Can you game share with an Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house?

Discus and support Can you game share with an Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Currently me and my son game share with 2 Xbox One X systems. Today I purchased a Xbox Series X and I will have it in 2 weeks. Can you game share... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SAL, Jul 15, 2021.

1. SAL
    SAL Guest

Currently me and my son game share with 2 Xbox One X systems.

Today I purchased a Xbox Series X and I will have it in 2 weeks. Can you game share with an Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house or do both systems need to be a Series X?

I am pretty certain you cannot share Xbox Series X specific games with the Xbox One X, but you can share all backward compatibility games? If that is the case then I'm good with that.

:)

2. Ka1n12 Win User

Xbox Series X multiplayer with Xbox one

Hello there,

every Xbox 360 and or Xbox one game you can play via backwards compatibility on your series X/S share the same multiplayer network, so yes you can play those games with your friends across different generations of Xbox. However for future games releasing
    on Xbox one and series X/S separately, I can't confirm that it will work a 100%.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  4. RyanPurdy Win User

Downloading

I was under the understanding that when you download an Xbox series x game it has different code, so it wouldn't be possible on xbox one x. Which would also be the same for the hard drive. The xbox series x game is apparently different than the same game
    for the series x.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Could I expect to play online with series x and one

nope, most if not all current games on xbox one will be playable on the series x, eventually there will be games release just for the series x and they wont be playable on previouse console versions.

Xbox one s and Xbox one X are the same family, series x will be the new console and eventually (a couple of years down the line hopefully) games will only be release on the series x family so the xbox one x will not be able to play them.

If this is not confusing
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
Thema:

1. Can you game share with an Xbox Series X and Xbox One X in the same house? - Similar Threads - game share Series

2. 2 Xbox's, 1 house game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 Xbox's, 1 house game sharing: My son has an xbox one s, while my 2nd son is getting an xbox series s for christmas. I have an xbox gold subscription in my name for my 1st son. How do I set these up so that i only need to...
  3. Game Share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Share: My friend is game sharing with me to download fifa 22 but when trying to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 it says we can't play because the other person is. How do we fix it...
  4. Installing Xbox PC games on a network share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing Xbox PC games on a network share: In a follow up to my previous post 2 years ago, is there a solution to this?...
  5. Game sharing Xbox One S & Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing Xbox One S & Xbox Series S: I’ve recently purchased my an Xbox series S Before the series S my Xbox one S was set to my sons home and his to mine so we could share my gold & game pass. I set up the series S with my details...
  6. Xbox Series X - sharing games with XBox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - sharing games with XBox One S: Greetings, if i have games for my XBox One S, digital or Disk, and they are compatible with the Seriex X, can i play cross platform on both consoles at the same time? if so, is Sea of Thieves...
  7. Xbox Series X Game Sharing Issue Feb 2021

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Game Sharing Issue Feb 2021: Hello, i figured that it would just be easier to maybe get an answer here on Microsoft’s end. Me and my boyfriend have been game sharing with our xboxs for a long time, a couple of years at least...
  8. Buying a Series X enhanced game to play on game-sharing xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a Series X enhanced game to play on game-sharing xbox one: If I pre-order the $70 version of MLB The Show 21 to play on my Series X, will my cousin, who is game-sharing with me, be able to play this version on his Xbox One or will he need to buy the...
  9. Game Sharing with new Xbox X Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Sharing with new Xbox X Series: Hi, I have the new xbox x series which I have a family member account on to game share with. My xbox x series has her account as 'My Home Xbox' and her xbox one has my account on with the same...
  10. Game Sharing not working on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Sharing not working on Series X: Hi, i have game shared with my daughter for many years with no issues. Recently we bought got Series X and game sharing no longer works. I’ve got her console set as my home xbox and mine is set...