Can you install Xbox 360 games that are delisted after your Xbox 360 was reset?

Discus and support Can you install Xbox 360 games that are delisted after your Xbox 360 was reset? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So basically, I used to have Castleminer Z on my Xbox. Thing is, one time someone factory reset my Xbox, as a "little prank". I've really been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheCatter, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. TheCatter
    TheCatter Guest

So basically, I used to have Castleminer Z on my Xbox. Thing is, one time someone factory reset my Xbox, as a "little prank". I've really been interested in Castleminer Z lately, but I don't know how to get it back! I heard you can redownload delisted
    games, but can you do it on a factory reset Xbox?

:)

2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

On your Xbox 360:

1. Sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
    2. Go to settings and select Account.
    3. Select Download History.
    4. Browse your download history. If you want to download something again, select the item, and then select
      Download Again.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

If my digital game is installed in my library but I play the physical copy of the digital game normally, it wouldn't affect me from getting my games uninstalled itself from the XBOX like few others?

... since most games from the XBOX Stores were gone, if I had installed a digital game a long ago before it was delisted off the stores, but then later I bought the physical copy of the same games ...
    What do you mean by "most games"? Compared to what is still available, only a few games are being delisted, usually because of licensing rights running out (like for example licensed music, or licenses to use "real world" cars)

But even IF a game was delisted, if you already bought it digitally, you own it, and you can still download it. So there is no need to get it physically.

For example: I got Forza Horizon 1 during it's Games with Gold offer. And I'm still able to download and play it. And if my wife inserts my physical copy of the game in her Xbox One, it'll also download and install it on the console. So there is really no
    difference and no need to get physical copies.

Also, are you talking about the Xbox One or the Xbox 360 console? And is this about a Xbox One game or Xbox 360 game?

If you're talking about a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game that you are trying to run on a Xbox One, then the physical disc is only a "proof of purchase" (which you already have for your digital version), and the console has to download a "translated"
    backwards compatible version of the game anyways, as the data on the Xbox 360 disc is unusable for the Xbox One.

If a game was removed after delisting (most games are still available for download for people that bought the game before it was delisted), you can't download it, even with the physical disc.

Only a real Xbox 360 console would be able to play the disc.

So maybe if you told us what game(s) you are talking about exactly, we could help you more.
  4. Smwutches Win User

how to request a game?

If it's not listed on the Xbox store then it's not possible to purchase it digitally. Not all 360 games are on the marketplace and some games are delisted after a while.
  5. RedCarGamer Win User

Redownloading if anything happens in the future?

That game that was delisted and you own is from Xbox One or Xbox 360?
  6. QuickMythril Win User

hello my first time posting have a question...

"game room" and the extras are totally delisted and removed from the marketplace. even if you go to your download history you cannot recover this game. most of the time you can re-download delisted games on 360, but not this one. sorry.
Thema:

1. Can you install Xbox 360 games that are delisted after your Xbox 360 was reset? - Similar Threads - install 360 games

2. Not letting me digitally install 360 games

in XboX Insiders
    Not letting me digitally install 360 games: So i was gonna buy a game on xbox one x (sonic generations to be exact) it only said "see the price" so i was confused but i clicked it anyways and it says "Sonic generations features xbox one...
  3. Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 games listed as Apps after pluging in the HDD were they are installed (while My...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  4. i just got a 360 120 gb and installing the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just got a 360 120 gb and installing the games: so i did buy some games and some sent to [mod removed] thay all come fine back i installed so many games i just had 2.6 gb left and have many other games i have not fixed yet i noticed my...
  5. 360 game install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 game install: I go to install a free Xbox 360 game on Xbox live gold and it says Microsoft account balanced cannot be used and to add a new credit card. I have added my card and refreshed and restarted my Xbox...
  6. Can't install XBOX game on new XBX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install XBOX game on new XBX 360: Hi All, I recently had to replace our 360 as the reader would no longer read discs. I bought a refurbed 360e, and a 120gb hard drive. When I attempt to play an old XBOX game, I do not get the...
  7. Installed a game, uninstalled it, now to re-install it I have to pay. (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed a game, uninstalled it, now to re-install it I have to pay. (Xbox 360): I got my Xbox 360 about 7 years ago, and bought Minecraft (digital version) on it about 6 years ago. 2 years ago, I uninstalled Minecraft to make some space for another game. Today i tried...
  8. Can’t install 360 games digitally through the xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install 360 games digitally through the xbox store: As an example of the problem I am having. In the free games with gold there is Lego Star Wars II, I will go to “see the price” to download the game but when I press “continue” a message pops up...
  9. Tekken 6 Xbox 360 free game not letting me to instantly install

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tekken 6 Xbox 360 free game not letting me to instantly install: On the Xbox one store you would see that Tekken 6 is free and I go to the store page of it, it will present me with "see price". I put my credential password and it suddenly tells me that I have...
  10. Missing Xbox 360 Games in my Ready to Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Xbox 360 Games in my Ready to Install: Hey, so I don't know what happened, but I was trying to reinstall my Gears of War 3 from my Ready to Install and I noticed that none of my Xbox 360 games were there to install. I don't know if...