Can you move purchased downloaded games to another profile on the same Xbox 360 console?

Discus and support Can you move purchased downloaded games to another profile on the same Xbox 360 console? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to give my Xbox 360 console to a family member now that I have an Xbox One..I recently learned that my purchased games on the 360 are not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sonoftadpole, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Sonoftadpole
    Sonoftadpole Guest

Can you move purchased downloaded games to another profile on the same Xbox 360 console?

I want to give my Xbox 360 console to a family member now that I have an Xbox One..I recently learned that my purchased games on the 360 are not compatible with my Xbox One...

So, here's where i could use some advice. i have myriad games on the hdd of my 360 and given that they won't run on the Xbox One how do I go about aligning the games to my family members profile on the same 360 so they can play them? I've spent alot of
    money over time on these games and aside for 2 games the remainder are stored on the hdd & were downloaded via the store direct to the hdd and therefore I have no physical media to give to my family member aside for 2....not to mention it would end up being
    a waste of money!! (again I am not asking on how to move the games to another console but rather to another profile on the same console)...

is this even possible? I've looked around the forum et al areas and couldn't find any references to this..

I hope this makes sense and even more hopeful that its possible!

Thanks!

:)

Sonoftadpole, Feb 14, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Contenido descargable avatar

Hey wildhog,

You can download your profile onto your new console and keep these:

• You Gamerscore and Achievements
    • Avatar Items that you've purchased on this profile
    • Downloaded Games that you've purchased on this profile
    • Downloaded content that you've purchased on this profile

You will be able to redownload the things that you've already purchased on your profile when you get a new console. Also, be sure to

license transfer
    onto your new console.

Be aware that save data will not transfer over unless you copy it to a
    USB drive
    and move it or use a
    Transfer Cable

MisterFizzle, Feb 14, 2014
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to Download, Move or Delete Xbox Live Profiles

You need to download, move or delete your Xbox Live profile in certain circumstances. If you want to play on multiple consoles of your own or of your friends, you will have to download or move your Xbox Live profile from one console to another.

In addition, you might need to download the Xbox Live profile for the following reasons:

• You deleted you Xbox live profile by mistake.
    • You need to use your Xbox LIVE gamertag on another console.
    • You want to use your existing Zune or Games for Windows account instead of creating a new account.

You can also move your profile to the other consoles using a USB flash drive.

How to download Your Xbox Live Profile

You can easily download your Xbox Live gamertag to a console by following a few easy steps:

• Press the larger X button in the center of your controller which will lead you to the Xbox Guide.
    • Select Download Profile to start download. If your do not find this option, sign out of your profile by pressing X.
    Enter the user ID of your Microsoft account (Windows Live ID) which is associated with your Xbox Live gamertag and then enter the password. Select the desired storage drive to save the profile.

Note: A Microsoft account is essential for signing in to any Microsoft services like Xbox Live. You have to provide your parent’s Microsoft account information to download the profile if your account is an Xbox Live child account.

You can save your "Microsoft account" password on the console, so that you don't need to provide it to sign into your profile again. The Remember Password option is off by default. It is better to save the password on your own console not to be asked to enter the password again and again at the time of singing into your profile. If you are using a console that is not yours, you may want to leave the Remember Password option off (unchecked).

Now you should be able to sign in with your gamertag on the console.

**If per chance you did opt to check the Remember Password option on someone else's console, your password can be remotely removed off of that console. Check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to move your profile to another console

You can easily move your profile to another console using a USB flash drive or Xbox Memory unit following these steps:
    • First off, plug a USB flash drive or an original Xbox 360 Memory Unit into your console.
    • Go to the Settings option to select storage and then select All Devices.
    • Select Gamer Profiles and Press Move.
    • You need to select the USB Storage Device or Memory Unit
    After performing the above successfully, remove the memory unit or USB flash drive and insert it into the console on which you want to move your profile. You are required to enter your Microsoft account password which ensures the security of your account.

After playing on another console, if you want to move it to previous console, remove the USB flash drive or Memory unit and take it back to the original console and repeat the steps above.

**You will be asked for your Microsoft account password when you move your profile to a different console. This is to protect you and your account if the device is ever stolen. If you want to find out more, check out How to Password Protect your Profile on Xbox Live.**

How to delete a gamer profile

You can delete unused profiles following few steps:

• Go to Settings to select system.
    • Select Storage
    • Go to All Devices and select Gamer Profiles.
    • Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    • Press delete.
    Note: You can delete the profiles only or you can delete both the profiles and items (the associated saved games and achievements).

kevin, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Licenses cannot be transferred between accounts. However, as long as they are playing on the console those games were purchased on, they will be able to access the games on their accounts. They would no longer have access if they change consoles or if you
    do a license transfer from another console.

Smwutches, Feb 14, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

Licenses cannot be transferred between accounts. However, as long as they are playing on the console those games were purchased on, they will be able to access the games on their accounts. They would no longer have access if they change consoles or if you
    do a license transfer from another console.
  6. Miss Ermine Win User

Need my acct information attached to my avatar

Hey there Phoenix! That is super easy. You can just follow the instructions to download your profile on this page: Delete Xbox Profile | Download
    Xbox Profile | Move Xbox Profile
    . Then you can download the game to that console!

A quick note here: if this is the first console that you've ever downloaded the game to, he should be able to access it just fine. However, if the license is assigned to another console (if you bought it on another console, or downloaded it to another console-
    for example) then he would not be able to play it unless you transferred the licenses. You can learn more about that process over here: Digital Rights
    Management | Xbox License Transfer
  7. JCampb22 Win User

DLC problems

Some items that are stored on your Xbox 360 console can’t be transferred from one profile to a another profile. For example, Xbox LIVE Games Store content cannot be transferred to a different profile. If you can't move an item to a different profile, you
    have to download the item using the second profile in the same way that you obtained the item using the original profile. More info here:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content
  8. Drabz Win User

Xbox Live for multiple accounts?

on the xbox one any account can be used and will ahve gold.

if playing on the 360, the account with gold will ahve to be signed in and then you can play on your account.

you can be on the same profile on the one and the 360 at the same time.

the DLC/ games - as long as they were origianaly downloaded on the xbox 360 they will be aviable for any one. but if you ahve done a license transfer and moved them to another then it will not work you will need to be signed in.
  9. dup4c07dd58-5f0a-483 Win User

change to gamer tag?

Game purchases, game saves and achievements are tied to the account that they were bought, created and earned on. There is no way to transfer this stuff from one account to another. However you can download or move your old gamertag to your new console and
    you will still have access to some of it through that account. For information on how to do that you can follow the steps here

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
Thema:

1. Can you move purchased downloaded games to another profile on the same Xbox 360 console? - Similar Threads - move purchased downloaded

2. XBOX one käufe verschieben [Move XBOX one purchases]

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one käufe verschieben [Move XBOX one purchases]: Ich habe Käufe getätigt, wo mein Sohn noch unter 18 war und der möchte nun seinen eigenen Account erstellen. Kann ich die Käufe auf Ihn übertragen? [Translation - I made purchases where my son...
  3. Made a purchase, but rewards hasn't moved

in XBoX Rewards
    Made a purchase, but rewards hasn't moved: Hi just made a purchase for xenoverse 2 thinking I can get the anime rewards missions points added, but the gauge hasn't moved. I might have missed the window for this by a an hr or 2 but the...
  4. Moved from UK to Canada wanting to purchase Xbox One S and get 50,000 points

in XBoX Rewards
    Moved from UK to Canada wanting to purchase Xbox One S and get 50,000 points: Hi, I just moved to Canada from the UK and my account was created in the UK with my previous Xbox. I am wanting to buy the Xbox One S with the free game and $50 gift card on the Microsoft store...
  5. Move Purchased Puzzles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Move Purchased Puzzles: How do I move puzzles I purchased to a new computer? I can't find the info anywhere. 447248ae-c72f-4ec0-b88d-cd758473df23
  6. Moved country, newly purchased game not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moved country, newly purchased game not working: Hi, I bought my XBOX 360 while we used to live in Singapore. Now we have moved to USA since past 3 years. Since then we are facing problem purchasing new games as we keep getting Region Code...
  7. Can I move a purchase to another account/gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I move a purchase to another account/gamertag?: I have 2 outlook accounts; one for school, one for gaming. I purchased the Darksiders Fury's Collection from the Microsoft store under one account but have not redeemed/downloaded yet. Is there a...
  8. Moved to a different country and can't purchase anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moved to a different country and can't purchase anything: Hi, I recently moved from US to Argentina. I have an xbox 360 and have bought games and DLC before, but now that I moved and changed jobs, I have an Argentina based credit card, and even though I...
  9. Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving from US to Germany. What do I need to do for the power cord? Where to purchase a ...: I'm moving form the US to Germany and I need to figure out where and what type of power brick I'll need to replace. I'm aware that the XboxOne is universal and can be up scaled to their 230...
  10. Has anyone else recently purchased a movie and received an error code mid move? That says ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else recently purchased a movie and received an error code mid move? That says ...: I have just recently purchased a movie from the Microsoft movies to watch on my Xbox one and mid movie a error message popped up and said can't play please try again. if the problem continues...