Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from...

Discus and support Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from attackers? 6d06f831-6d56-44a8-aad6-71a1e0780b7e Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FrostyGreenacre, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from...

Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from attackers?

:)

FrostyGreenacre, Apr 18, 2019
  2. DieWthGlory Win User

Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from attackers?

I used router that had a vpn intergated (ipvanish) and it worked with xbox one no problem.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi FrostyGreenacre,

Thanks for your post. There are no rules against the use of a VPN, this can be an effective way to protect your identity online. Please note, if the VPN you are using is from another country, you may experience issues with region compatibility and matchmaking
    online so it's better to use a VPN from the country where you reside.

Though the Xbox One does not support VPN integration, if you've set up a VPN service for your network, the console should respond normally.

For more information on what conduct is acceptable on Xbox Live, check out our

Xbox Code of Conduct

I hope this information helps.
  4. Dadwhite Win User

I'm not aware of any specific rule regarding the use of a VPN.

A VPN usually creates an encrypted point to point tunneled connection between a host and a user. One major thing to consider when using a VPN with gaming systems is the extra overhead in the network to encrypt and decrypt your network packets, which will
    introduce latency and cause lagging issues.
  5. xbox24ru Win User

IP adress

Hi there xCANDYKIDx,

Sadly as a qualified network technician it is not possible to hide your IP address or MAC address from any hardware that is used connecting to the internet service providers and the web.

That said a VPN would limit those from gaining access to your information so easily another way to make sure your information is protected ensure you only put the information you want others to see about you etc it will limit any information gathering possible.

I am sorry your having these concerns while playing online, rest assured xbox is paramount in protecting its players.

Kind Regards

Alec
  6. Devils Nerve Win User

How do you stop someone who's already DDosing ur console

"After you blocked the hacker from contacting you, you need to change your IP address. This is done by unplugging your modem/router gateway for about a minute. After your modem re-connects to your Internet Provider,
    you should have gotten a new IP address. "

This is only is true if the autonomous system they are within has not assigned a static IP address - thus being dynamically assigned. However, if the IP address is static, your Internet Service Provider will have to
    assign you a different one then you'd have to restart your device(s) - syncing the new publicly assigned IP. Furthermore, in regards to being able to stop a DDoS attack, you cannot - unless your bandwidth is > than the bandwidth being sent to that IP. What
    I would recommend is using DD-WRT and a well-known provider of a VPN (PIA, Nord) and use a PPTP (or whatever protocol you want to use) connection via DD-WRT to the VPN provider. If you use a server with bandwidth > than the bandwidth being sent you will not
    be affected, furthermore, it won't be your connection being attacked directly.

TL;DR If your bandwidth is !> (not greater than) the bandwidth being sent you'll see an effect.

All the best,

Thema:

Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from...

1. Can you provide details regarding the rules for using a VPN to protect your IP Address from... - Similar Threads - provide details regarding

2. My Game pass has not provided.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Game pass has not provided.: Hello, I have just bought game pass ultimate just about 40 minutes ago, my balance has decreased from my card, but my game pass ultimate is not here. What should I do, is there a bug occured?...
  3. I installed crackdown hoping to help the developer to provide sponsors and others but I do...

in XboX Insiders
    I installed crackdown hoping to help the developer to provide sponsors and others but I do...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  4. Despite solutions provided by previous threads I'm unable to joint a Minecraft Realm on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Despite solutions provided by previous threads I'm unable to joint a Minecraft Realm on...: Been having this issue all day and its starting to irritate me. With servers it says that the Privacy and Online settings are wrong. But I did as the original thread said, to no avail. My setting...
  5. How do I remove an account from the list on the Xbox Indentity Provider app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove an account from the list on the Xbox Indentity Provider app?: On Windows 10 when logging intoan app such as the Xbox Console Companion App, another app will appear called the Xbox Identity Provider app. I have unused and unneeded accounts listed on this app....
  6. Extremely unhappy with my Xbox One S console and the service provided

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely unhappy with my Xbox One S console and the service provided: First of all, sorry for the long post but there's a very long story with what has happened since I got my first Xbox One S console. So I purchased this console in November 2018, not giving it...
  7. PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...: I just purchased 20 new xbox one's 3 of them are failing on the initial startup update and display this error code: 0x8B050037 0x00000000 0x00000201 I've searched for hours with no results on...
  8. Xbox Identity Provider issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Identity Provider issues: Good afternoon, I have just recently updated to 1903, build 18362.207 to be able to play the xbox (beta) since I own the PC game pass. When trying to play any game that isn't created by Microsoft...
  9. Should Enforcement provide a detailed rundown of how you breached the terms and conditions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should Enforcement provide a detailed rundown of how you breached the terms and conditions?: Currently banned from communicating for a completely unknown reason (don't use voice chat etc.), which is causing problems with my friends. I've cased reviewed it with no result but I'd like to...
  10. Please provide detailed specifics for the reason for enforcement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please provide detailed specifics for the reason for enforcement?: Will someone from the enforcement team please provide us with specific details for the suspension and enforcement action taken? Glad to take the response via email, if an option. Thank you....