Can you turn controller idling off?

Discus and support Can you turn controller idling off? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I like to play games on keyboard and mouse, but the controller idles and the sound cuts out. submitted by /u/TheIKKoNiKK1 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheIKKoNiKK1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Can you turn controller idling off?

I like to play games on keyboard and mouse, but the controller idles and the sound cuts out.

submitted by /u/TheIKKoNiKK1
    [link] [comments]

/u/TheIKKoNiKK1, Oct 16, 2020
  2. AHarvell Win User

Xbox One Controlling itself on Idle

Hi!

My controller was off. It had turned off and the console was on idle.
  3. Gatordawg88 Win User

Looking for some suggestions

Thank you for your suggestion but controller still turns off even when plugged in after it's been idle for 15 min.
  4. PaperzMask Win User

Xbox One Controlling itself on Idle

Hi,

your controller was off or idle? if it was idle then there is a chance that ur controller is having auto stick drift issue, in this case u can either send for warranty (if u still have) or, u can open up the controller & check there is a small clip attached
    to both analog sticks, try fixing them into correct position (you can check some youtube guideline videos for this),
  5. MRFUR1OUS Win User

The controller update bricked my controller.

I forgot to mention in my previous reply that my update went fine on my controller. When it went idle and I turned it back on it was now a brick, only the center button worked, same problem everyone else has. I called support, no joy, not our problem. So
    now I'm paranoid the other 2 controllers will do the same if allowed to go idle
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox controller turns off

Usually if you plug the controller in, it will stay on. But if it's still turning off, it sounds like it's just turning off due to idle time where it naturally powers off if you haven't touched the controller in a few minutes. If you want to afk in a game,
    what everyone does is place your character in the game in a position where you can press forward indefinitely (or any other direction) like maybe pushing your character up against a wall, and people use something else like a book or a rubber band to hold
    the controller stick going forward (like walking into a wall, so nothing actually happens in your game) and they leave the controller like that. It keeps an action going, so your controller never idles out and turns off on you, but you can leave it afk if
    you wish to. Just make sure that nothing you are afk'ing would be voilating any ToS, such as doing this in a Multi-Player game where people join a lobby and then go afk and not actually do anything to help their team, but rather just 'be there' to get XP etc.
    Hope that helps! :)
Thema:

Can you turn controller idling off?

1. Can you turn controller idling off? - Similar Threads - turn controller idling

2. If parental controls are turned on for a child's account, will the parents be notified if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If parental controls are turned on for a child's account, will the parents be notified if...: Please do not reply if you are not one hundred percent sure about this. A child will get into trouble if you answer this wrong. Thanks! 5aaddb33-562d-4caf-9779-2a2e68ac1567
  3. My xbox controller is not turning on

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox controller is not turning on: When I try to turn it on it blinks for about 3 seconds and turns off, I put in new batteries, still doesn't work, help? submitted by /u/Echidna-Lanky [link] [comments]
  4. controller wont turn on when wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller wont turn on when wired: So I have 4 Xbox controllers. They connect with no problem when wireless but when I try to plug a cable into it will turn on for about 0.2 seconds only if I push it really hard and forward. Btw...
  5. Multiple controllers are turning off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple controllers are turning off.: I recently bought a new Xbox One controller, and after about a month I started having issues with my controllers. Today, all three of my wireless controllers are not staying connected to my Xbox....
  6. When i turn on my elite series 2 controller it immediatly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my elite series 2 controller it immediatly turns off: When i turn on my elite series 2 controller it immediatly turns off. This happens off charger, on charger, or connected to usb-c. Its been charging over 24 hours so the batter shouldnt be dead....
  7. why wont my controller turn on and only blink rapidly when pressing the home button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my controller turn on and only blink rapidly when pressing the home button?: my wireless controller i got a few months ago is suddenly not working like normal. when i try to turn it on by holding the x button it blinks super rapidly (more than just pairing mode, and it...
  8. Xbox adaptive controller won’t turn on anymore!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox adaptive controller won’t turn on anymore!: I’ve went through every single troubleshooting steps and it still won’t turn on. I’ve had it for a few months but only started using it recently within the past month or so. I took a one week...
  9. Profile signing out when controller is turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Profile signing out when controller is turned off.: Whenever my controller dies, either from dead batteries, cable plugging in/out or randomly(still have a day one controller and it just randomly restarts on me sometimes) my profile is signed out....
  10. Elite Series 2 Controller Turns off Randomly

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller Turns off Randomly: Hi, ive noticed that my controller turns off randomly when gaming on windows 10 i have warranty on device but i dont have receipt can you use serial numbers? Also what are the next steps because...