Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF ...

Discus and support Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I posted this on reddit earlier and thought I should share here too. I have only personally tested it with Bell. However others have confirmed Shaw and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HorrorReject, Feb 6, 2014.

1. HorrorReject
    HorrorReject Guest

Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF ...

I posted this on reddit earlier and thought I should share here too. I have only personally tested it with Bell. However others have confirmed Shaw and Rogers.

"While playing with some settings last night, I noticed Canadians don't have the option to add a satellite receiver to their xbox one. However, if you set your region to the US than you can add Canadian satellite companies like Bell,
    I'm not sure about Telus or Shaw.

With that said, this only allows you to control the reciever, play/pause etc. Due to zip code requirements, you cannot currently setup OneGude (that I'm aware of).

Hopefully this is a sign of some progress for non-US Xbox One owners in the upcoming updates."

:)

HorrorReject, Feb 6, 2014
  2. ExodusBro
    ExodusBro Guest
    Missing Bell Fibe TV channels list

Strange... I have Bell TV and Bell fibe listed, I am in London, so not far from you.. Wish i could post a pic to show you.. My TV line up lists as follows - Bell Fibe TV, Bell TV, Broadcast TV - Canada, Rogers Cable, Shaw Direct, Shaw Direct Advanced.
    Thats everything listed in the provider list. Wonder why I have the option and none of you do. This is very strange.

ExodusBro, Feb 6, 2014
  3. Trentelshark
    Trentelshark Guest
    Which Canadian cable/satellite providers will be supported by the XBOX One guide?

That's my guess as well. When I made the switch from Rogers to VMedia I did so under the assumption it probably wouldn't be supported by OneGuide sicne they are still relatively unknown/small in the market. Bell/Rogers would be the big two MS would pursue,
    probably Shaw and Cogeco next?

Trentelshark, Feb 6, 2014
  4. Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF ...

Awesome.. great suggestion. Now if only I subscribed to cable I'd be able to test out Rogers... :/

Matthew Marion, Feb 7, 2014
  5. ExodusBro Win User

Missing Bell Fibe TV channels list

Strange... I have Bell TV and Bell fibe listed, I am in London, so not far from you.. Wish i could post a pic to show you.. My TV line up lists as follows - Bell Fibe TV, Bell TV, Broadcast TV - Canada, Rogers Cable, Shaw Direct, Shaw Direct Advanced.
    Thats everything listed in the provider list. Wonder why I have the option and none of you do. This is very strange.
  6. JodyCloutier Win User

OneGuide Canada

Good to know that Videotron is a supported set-top-box under the preview update. I have also heard Bell TV, Bell Alliant (sp?) and Rogers are also supported. No word on Shaw, Shaw Direct, or Telus Optik TV. As well what I'm interested in is local broadcast
    or media center support.
  7. OG Ninja Smoke Win User

Which Canadian cable/satellite providers will be supported by the XBOX One guide?

There's not many satellite/cable or fibe providers in Canada I know in the West its Shaw and telus and in the central east area in Toronto its Bell and Rogers so its probably in Xbox best interest to work with all these companies so that they can gain maximum
    profits
  8. Z1PN VW Win User

Oneguide in Canada?

I talked to Support last night and they said there was no ETA for Canada. I am surprised since they advertise it on the Canadian Site without a "note". During the launch night on the 22nd, even the xbox rep that was at the store said it worked, but only
    for Rogers and Bell.
  9. Matthew Marion Win User

Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF you switch your region to US. Still no OneGuide.

Awesome.. great suggestion. Now if only I subscribed to cable I'd be able to test out Rogers... :/
Thema:

1. Canadian Bell, Shaw and Rogers Digital TV Recievers confirmed to work on Xbox One in Canada IF ... - Similar Threads - Canadian Bell Shaw

2. Canadian Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox One: Hello Everyone, I'm living in Canada for the moment and I really want to buy an Xbox One. My question is : If I move to Europe (France) can I still continue to use my console ? Could I still...
  3. Scotland friend bought a game for Canadian xbox user, game wont redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scotland friend bought a game for Canadian xbox user, game wont redeem: My friend that lives in scotland bought a game for our mutual friend that lives in French Canada, he is unable to redeem the game code because of region differences. Is there a way around this?...
  4. Xbox gifting issues (canadian bought for australian)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gifting issues (canadian bought for australian): I bought mwf black ops 4 for buddy in Australia and it doesn't let him download says wrong region ??? Heeeeeelllppppp lol Will xbox send him code if contacted? Im not able to get refund from...
  5. Changing Gamer Tag for Canadians

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Gamer Tag for Canadians: Hey I've been trying to change my gamer tag a couple times now, going through a couple different steps and attempting it to recognise I'm in Canada and thus cannot give it a American postal code....
  6. Canadian Price error for Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass Bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Canadian Price error for Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass Bundle: This is actually not a question but a warning to Canadian customers: It has come to my attention that the bundle for Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass for CAD store users is $94.99, this is $20...
  7. Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues: Hello everybody! I'm in need of advices. I bought a Xbox 360 slim in Montréal and now I live in France. I tried to plug it in and the power supply started to burn. I'm wondering if it is safe...
  8. canadian to european power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    canadian to european power supply: Hi I moved to Israel from Canada. The voltage in Israel is similar to Europe at 220 v. How can I connect the xbox in Israel without destroying the consule? Someone wrote on another forum that...
  9. Gamer tag pay form--Canadian Provinces unavalable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag pay form--Canadian Provinces unavalable: Unable to pay for gamer tag change due to provinces not available when cc information being inputted. Help requested. 8f0bd6bb-2192-4a54-8893-61bb391b090b
  10. I redeemed a us gift card but I want to transfer it to Canadian Dollars.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I redeemed a us gift card but I want to transfer it to Canadian Dollars.: I won a give away for 10 us dollars. I redeemed it and i wanted to make a purchase but it wasnt enough. Is there any way i can convert that money into Canadian dollars so i can pay off the rest...