Cancel Xbox subscription & Close Xbox account

Discus and support Cancel Xbox subscription & Close Xbox account in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have never had an Xbox, but I did create an Xbox account years ago to access Xbox Music. I would like to close this account and/or cancel my... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by david-e, Oct 8, 2019.

1. david-e
    david-e Guest

I have never had an Xbox, but I did create an Xbox account years ago to access Xbox Music.

I would like to close this account and/or cancel my subscription to Xbox Live.

However, the advice I have seen so far about cancelling a subscription always says click "Payments and Billing" under the listing for Xbox Live, but there is no such link on my Services and Subscriptions page. (Xbox Live is listed under "More Services" and
    not the main "Services & Subscriptions" heading.

I have gone to my Xbox account page, but cannot see anyway to close an account. How can this be done.

(Microsoft doesn't even list subscription and account issues in its "Category" drop down list for posting questions.

:)

david-e, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Son ALA Win User

Delete my account

3. GronTron Win User

Re Activating an Xbox live Account

An Xbox account cannot be closed, it can however have the subscription canceled. If you closed the email account associated with you Xbox Account, that is something you would need to bring up with the email account provider (such as Yahoo, Gmail etc).
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

I am deaf and want to close my xbox live account

5. gamerchic1 Win User

want delete acc need help

There are a few steps:

To cancel your Xbox membership (if Gold) you can do two things: Cancel the Automatic Renewal on your account (go here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...management/cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription)
    and you can use the rest of the time left on the subscription. If you want to immediately cancel your membership you have to contact Xbox Support directly. At the bottom of the page link above you will see the option to Contact support.

To close your Windows Live account (that's your Windows Live email and ID) go live.com and log in. Next to your user name you will see a drop down arrow, click it and then click Account. On the Account page go to the bottom and you'll see the option to close
    the account.

You should deal with your Xbox account first before closing your Windows Live Account.
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Be careful not to delete your microsoft account and they are basically the same thing
Thema:

1. Cancel Xbox subscription & Close Xbox account - Similar Threads - Cancel subscription Close

2. Cancel past-due subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancel past-due subscription?: -Mods/Admins Okay first off, let me just say that I bought the $1 Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Immediately after receiving the game pass, I turned off the recurring billing on microsoft.com. I can...
  3. Anulowanie subskrybcji xbox game pass[Canceling your xbox game pass subscription]

in XBoX on Windows
    Anulowanie subskrybcji xbox game pass[Canceling your xbox game pass subscription]: Jest ktoś w stanie wytłumaczyć jak i gdzie się anuluje tą subskrybcję? Nie mam pojęcia jak to zrobić [Translation - Is anyone able to explain how and where to unsubscribe? I have no idea how to...
  4. cancel XBox Live subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    cancel XBox Live subscription: can i speak to a person. Services & subscriptions is NOT solving my problem. CANCEL XBox Live using the credit card ending in [Mod Removed - Personal Information]. Or call me tomorrow @[Mod...
  5. Impossible To Cancel Live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible To Cancel Live Subscription: This is some [mod removed] I have spent a hour trying to cancel my live subscription. It says go to manage subscription but it doesnt tell you how to get to manage subscription . It wasnt this...
  6. Cancel Subscription on expired card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancel Subscription on expired card: Hello My cards date expired and i thought i'd let my subscription to microsoft run out and end with it. But it did not. It says on the "how to cancel" troubleshooting that it should expire on...
  7. I need help from the support to cancel my subscription.

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help from the support to cancel my subscription.: I need to cancel my Game Pass for PC (Beta). Xbox tried to withdraw my money 29 days after when the service should last for 30 days (And now the cancel option is locked). And I should be able to...
  8. Cancelling a current subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cancelling a current subscription: So i have been trying to cancel my EA access subscription for MONTHS now because I want to capitalize on the $1 deal going on right now. But when i go to the website and go to services and...
  9. I can't cancel my subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't cancel my subscription: Hej everybody. I pay every 3 or 4th month for xbox live on my old 365 account, which was hacked and "frozen". The problem is, that my e-mail linked is not operational, and cannot be accessed. I...
  10. Is it possible to cancel a past due subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to cancel a past due subscription: I was wondering if it was possible to cancel a past due subscription because ive been having problems trying to pay for the past due but i get errors saying “Cannot update subscription, something...