Canceled updates uninstalled games why?

Discus and support Canceled updates uninstalled games why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i canceled a couple of updates for BFV and warzone and the system uninstalled both games. Its fricken stupid as hell. It took me 3 weeks to install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaliBreadman80, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Canceled updates uninstalled games why?

So i canceled a couple of updates for BFV and warzone and the system uninstalled both games. Its fricken stupid as hell. It took me 3 weeks to install both the first time. I think microsoft needs to fix this bug or issue or make it known in bold letters
    says the xbox one sucks a fat one and system is garbage. Like i feel like you need to reimburse me on the games and time it took to install them. I know you wont cause you dont care about customer service. Im at the point now where F microsoft. Sell and buy
    ps5. This system is **** like the company

:)

CaliBreadman80, Dec 19, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

Games uninstalling on there own on my Xbox One

it's possible that they are uninstalling because an update for the game(s) cancelled as that will uninstall the game.
  3. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Game Just Uninstalled Itself

Is it possible that you canceled the update when you were in the middle of attempting to download the update during the Xbox Live service alert? If you cancelled the games update when it was attempting to download. It would actually uninstall the game
    from your system. Anytime you cancel an update that has started. The game/app in question will uninstall.
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Why do a have to install the entire game after I cancel an update ?

Because the update overwrites the game data when you cancel it, you damage the game data and the game is automatically uninstalled when the update is canceled.
  5. Legendary ZA Win User

Canceling Updates!

Hi!

Cancelling updates results in the game being uninstalled.
  6. His Demon Queen Win User

my game deleted itself

There was an update earlier today, so possibly the update was cancelled and uninstalled your game?
Thema:

Canceled updates uninstalled games why?

1. Canceled updates uninstalled games why? - Similar Threads - Canceled updates uninstalled

2. My Modern Warfare uninstalled because I cancelled my update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Modern Warfare uninstalled because I cancelled my update: Why when cancelling an updade dors it uninstall the game. It was a frozen update so i thought to restart by cancelling and restarting the update, this then wiped the whole game. I know my progress...
  3. Cancelling a Update Uninstalls the entire game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelling a Update Uninstalls the entire game.: Came home from work today to play some of the new Modern Warfare to see a 2.5gb update. Not a big deal. Start the update to see it keeps stopping and starting, eventually becoming completely...
  4. GTA V got uninstalled when I cancelled an update on my XB1s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V got uninstalled when I cancelled an update on my XB1s: GTA V got uninstalled when I cancelled an update on by XB1s. Had to re-download/install the whole game again. Not very friendly experience. How to avoid this? Re-installing a 67 gb game is not a...
  5. Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update: I launched RE2 and it started trying to install an update. I cancelled the update and the game disappeared from my Xbox 1 X. I Now have to download the whole 21gb again! I couldn't be bothered...
  6. cancelled an update for a game and the game uninstalled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cancelled an update for a game and the game uninstalled: Split from this thread. I was wondering if you could update the dashboard for xbox because i cancelled an update for a game because it got stuck and it uninstalled the game and thats annoying...
  7. Cancelling Update on XB1X Uninstalls Game Completely?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelling Update on XB1X Uninstalls Game Completely?!: Hey there, I've just recently come across an issue with cancelling game updates in my games and apps. I had RDR2 and Battlefront 2 updates ready to install. When I set them to install after...
  8. Canceling an update of a game will accidentally uninstall it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canceling an update of a game will accidentally uninstall it!: If you cancel an update... and clear the update queue... that will auto delete the entire game without warning... Not okay. This is an extreme bug. Please separate these things....
  9. canceling update causes game to uninstall

in XBoX on Consoles
    canceling update causes game to uninstall: so I was alerted that DOOM needed and update to be able to play online so I thought “no big deal” so I click to start downloading the update, however the update was around 50-60GB which my...
  10. Cancel updates button uninstalled all games in progress.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancel updates button uninstalled all games in progress.: So I hit the cancel updates button on accident during the final update for CoD: WWII, and any game that had an update queued was uninstalled quite suddenly. I lost all update progress, and have to...