Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account

Discus and support Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I paid for a year of xbox live gold in September. I added GamePass to my account and tried it for several days. I canceled GamePass. This also canceled... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReeceZimm, Dec 12, 2019.

1. ReeceZimm
    ReeceZimm Guest

I paid for a year of xbox live gold in September. I added GamePass to my account and tried it for several days. I canceled GamePass. This also canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription of which I had 9 months remaining. I had to call to get my xbox live
    gold reenabled. But this also removed my xbox tenure badge. Can this be fixed?

:)

ReeceZimm, Dec 12, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Reece,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sounds like you had Ultimate game pass, this includes all subscriptions into one. So when you cancelled it cancelled all. Also, when you changed to Ultimate it changed your Xbox live subscription, into Game pass ultimate
    time. Here is a link to the
    Game pass Ultimate FAQ

When you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we’ll apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion rates are subject to change.

You will need to request a call from support.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Hardware & Network
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue select accessory isn't working right hit next

Step 4 ----select request a call
    Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Farkas David01 Win User

Xbox live canceled

Gamepass Ultimate includes Xbox Live gold and Gamepass. So if you cancel Gamepass Ultimate you cancel your gold too.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

Gamepass and Xbox Live Gold are two separate things. So you CAN cancel Gamepass and be just fine and have your Xbox Live Gold. However, if your subscription is for Gamepass Ultimate (which is the all-in-one) you cannot. Canceling that would then in turn
    cancel everything.
  5. Oofoofyey Win User

My entire 1 year Xbox Live Gold subscription got cancelled after cancelling 1 month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Xbox ultimate includes gold and gamepass, your one year of live got converted into game pass ultimate time, but you would still have had live and gamepass, after you bought gamepass ultimate, it imediately transfers everything to gamepass ultimate, but
    since you canceled it, the converted time is also canceled, you should contact support.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

my xbox live gold subscription is gone

Hello FellPapyrus2453,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. As stated above, the Gamepass ultimate is directly tied to your Xbox live gold. Since you cancelled gamepass, your gold was cancelled along with it. I highly recommend
    contacting a live support agent to look over any possible options.
Thema:

1. Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account - Similar Threads - Cancelling GamePass resulted

2. Can’t Purchase Gamepass After Card Cancelled

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t Purchase Gamepass After Card Cancelled: I had a credit card on my Xbox when I had the gamepass. I lost my card and had it cancelled, and now I cannot purchase the gampass again because the card was cancelled while paying for the...
  3. Canceled my xbox gamepass ultimate to get the three months offer

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Canceled my xbox gamepass ultimate to get the three months offer: So i saw this offer where you can get 3 months of ultimate of 1 dollar so i've cancelled my xbox ultimate to pass to the cheaper one for 3 months but it said it wa 13 dollars not 1 dollar i need...
  4. Licença cancelada por causa da asssinatura do gamepass (License canceled due to game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licença cancelada por causa da asssinatura do gamepass (License canceled due to game pass...: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Gostaria de saber o que fazer nesse caso, tenho o jogo desde 2016 e por causa do gamepass não consigo jogar o jogo que eu comprei offline pq pede pra logar...
  5. I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass: I prepaid for Gold for a year and upgraded to Ultimate. On the same day, I canceled Ultimate and got a $2.00 refund. This also canceled my remaining Gold. If I resubscribe to Ultimate, will I get...
  6. Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does canceling regular Xbox gamepass delete your Xbox live subscription?: I bought xbox gamepass and after i bought it, it imedieatley canceled my xbox live subscription if I cancel the xbox gamepass before this month ends will i get my xbox live subscription back? If I...
  7. Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?: I have had Live Gold for years and intend to keep it as my kids play online and we have many saved free games. I want to try GamePass while still keeping Live Gold. I heard that if I do that, then...
  8. Cancel gamepass sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancel gamepass sharing: Hello, How do i cancel game sharing on my Xbox one console? 392b0ac9-3e9b-4e78-8def-628d10df567c
  9. GamePass cancelamento [Translation-Gamepass Cancellation]

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamePass cancelamento [Translation-Gamepass Cancellation]: Saudações comunidade A um tempo atrás comprei um Xbox One de segunda mão ( usado ), ele veio com uma conta do antigo dono , sem prestar atenção nas possíveis consequências eu assinei o GamePass...
  10. I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass: Good Evening! From the name of this topic you can understand, that I need to cancel my Xbox Gamepass. But I can't because it says you have to pay before you cancel. I don't have money now, an...