Cannot access Xbox settings

Discus and support Cannot access Xbox settings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, recently I have a plan to change my gamertag. Then, it said that I've changed my gamertag previously, so I have to pay. Then, I need to go to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Paundra0217, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Paundra0217
    Paundra0217 Guest

So, recently I have a plan to change my gamertag. Then, it said that I've changed my gamertag previously, so I have to pay. Then, I need to go to the browser Xbox settings. When I want to go to the Xbox settings in the browser, It redirect me to the support
    page saying that only parents can change the Xbox settings. So, I come back and try another way like accessing from xbox.com and Microsoft account settings. But, it keeps redirect me to the same support page. And I even try to change my profile picture to
    custom, but it says that I'm a child not an adult. So my question is:

1. How much it cost to change the gamertag and is it worth it to change?

2. Why I cannot access the Xbox settings?

3. Is there any minimum age to be an adult?

Note: If you want to know my age, reply this. Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

:)

Paundra0217, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Paundra0217 Win User

Thanks for the answer, by the way I have an additional question. If I wait until I'm 18 years old, then I can access the Xbox settings?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Paundra,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand that you are having an issue with changing your gamer tag and settings. I will be happy to help you and answer your questions best to my ability.

1. A gamer tag cost $9.99 USD + tax to change it. Prices vary in different regions. You can view the page

here
      about gamer tag change.
    2. The reason you are unable to access the settings and get redirected is it is reading your account as a

child account
      . You will need the parent account to
      change the settings
    3. The minimum age for an adult account is 18. You can change the birthdate on the Account website. Unfortunately, you are unable to change the birth date on Xbox.com. This is what keeps it a child account if the birthdate is under the age of 18. You can
      view the previous link Child account for definition on it.
    Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Paundra,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, once your account graduates to an adult account (at 18), then you'll be able to change the Xbox settings yourself via your account, rather than have a parental account do it for you or control the settings. I hope that helps
    a bit more.

As there are no further answers to the initial question and the answer has been provided, we'll be locking the thread at this time. In future, if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums. We'd be happy to
    assist you.

Thank you again for coming to the forums and have a great day!
  5. REN AERO Win User

Dear
    Paundra0217

Follow these steps

1. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox One controller.
    2. Press the LB button four times.
    3. Select your profile from the list of profiles.
    4. Choose My profile.
    5. Choose Customize profile.
    6. Select the tile with your Gamertag.
    7. Enter your preferred Gamertag.
    8. Click Yes to claim your chosen Gamertag if it's available. If taken, try a new Gamertag.
    Using Browser

1. Go to the Change gamertag page at
      account.xbox.com
    2. Sign in using the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag.
    3. Enter your new gamertag, and then select Check Availability.
    4. Once you find an available gamertag, click Claim it.

Note If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra.

If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency)
    It seems your account is set as child due to birth date.Ask your parents to change it.

You might not be able to change gamertag

Check out the link

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-xbox-one-gamertag
  6. {Parity} Win User

Cannot access settings

Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test
    for results.
Thema:

1. Cannot access Xbox settings - Similar Threads - Cannot access settings

2. Cannot log into Xbox live account or access settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into Xbox live account or access settings: my son can not get logged into his Xbox live account. I tried the online chat for help but it wasn’t helpful because he can’t access the settings either. 329b3020-e422-4cde-a751-ba44ab7502a5
  3. Cannot access my network settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access my network settings: Anytime anytime I try to access my network settings they will send me into a screen saying something went wrong I cannot report the problem because I cannot connect to my internet...
  4. Cannot access my profile in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access my profile in xbox settings?: I've been trying to setup an xbox live profile with an existing offline profile, and the xbox website gives you instructions to go to your settings, then go to your profile. I can't click on my...
  5. Cannot access my Xbox privacy settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access my Xbox privacy settings: When I attempt to access my Xbox One's privacy settings- to allow me to play non Rockstar content and play online in Fifa 17- it comes up with this error "There is a temporary problem with the...
  6. i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...: i cant access my settings at all so anything that includes going to the settings i cannot do because it will not let me continue and then tells me something went wrong and to enter 0x80073d0f ,...
  7. Profiles not loading and cannot access settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profiles not loading and cannot access settings: I have done multiple hard resets and I am not able to switch profiles, access settings or navigate any of the links in the pop up column on the left side of the screen. It opens to show the...
  8. Cannot access settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access settings: I cannot access settings (by moving left) or enter a party or start any game I have downloaded. I am on the internet as I can play neverwinter fpr example. c119ab9f-2bde-4458-bdc3-949c1bcbb99a
  9. I cannot access my settings, store, games and apps, and etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access my settings, store, games and apps, and etc.: Before I start going into detail about my issue here is some info. I have the new Dash board and I am apart of the new dashboard preview program. In addition, I moved back into my dorm from my...
  10. Cannot access My Games and Apps or Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot access My Games and Apps or Settings: Hello there, is there anyone that may be able to help me ? :( I downloaded the new Tomb Raider a few days ago stopped it after a minute to download the latest update for Destiny after doing...