Cannot change gamertag

Discus and support Cannot change gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cybrin1, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Cybrin1
    Cybrin1 Guest

Cannot change gamertag

I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the gamertag I used is replaced by a random one. I go to the microsoft site to change it from there but I have
    encountered an error that says that "An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later". I tried changing it a few times over the course of 10 hours, still doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem?

:)

Cybrin1, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Original Colton Win User

Change of Gamertag

You cannot just request a free gamertag change. The support on the phone only change your gamertag for free since it was for privacy issues and/or your one and only free gamertag change.

So unfortunately you cannot just ask for a FNC.
  3. MakeMeACoffee Win User

Gamertag change and subsequent availability

well one gamertag was changed yesterday, and today i cannot change a second tag to the old (unused) gamertag
  4. Lillithvain Win User

gamertaghelp

Not possible. You can pay 10 dollars to change POGBait to a different gamertag but you cannot change your gamertag to an existing gamertag even if you OWN that gamertag.
  5. IanCeazar2006 Win User

Unwanted Gamertag changed

Also changing gamertag back to the previous one cannot be done because the gamertag was already tagged by the Xbox System as used and it cannot be used anymore.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Cannot change Gamertag

Gamertags are used for more than service in Microsoft. Even though it's not being used for Xbox it could be used for another service such as Xbox Music or internally.
Thema:

Cannot change gamertag

1. Cannot change gamertag - Similar Threads - Cannot change gamertag

2. cannot change gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot change gamertag: I have a bit of an issue with changing my gamertag on xbox.com. Whenever i go to change the gamertag it keeps popping up with "Error: check username and try again" or "An unexpected error...
  3. I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!

in XBoX on Windows
    I used my free gamertag accidentally and now I cannot change it back!: Hello, In Xbox Console Companion, I was unaware that you got a "free" gamertag change. I already had the name I wanted, (IanRecker) but being curious I decided to see what would happen if I tried...
  4. Changement de gamertag impossible [Cannot Change Gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    Changement de gamertag impossible [Cannot Change Gamertag]: Bonjour/bonsoir toutes et tous, je vous contacte car j'ai acheté forza horizon 4 tout récemment et donc j'ai créé mon compte xbox live tout le tralala, un gamertag au hasard m'a été proposé...
  5. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the GamerTag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Purchase-3001 0cbe7bce-6129-45ae-9d09-8a5637057317 f62d6c70-9798-4c3b-b872-879282980b49
  6. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...: Greetings, I created an email account that my son uses to play, who manages the account and the payment of the subscriptions Xbox live is me, because my son is a minor. However, my son cannot...
  7. Cannot change gamertag from any other country than US on both web and app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change gamertag from any other country than US on both web and app: I don't have US credit card so I can't change my gamertag :( I am on Windows 10 and I live in Canada. 1) https://account.xbox.com/en-US/changegamertag is US, CA page do not exist 2) So when I...
  8. Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Purchase Gamertag Change: I cannot purchase the GamerTag change, this error keeps occurring please help. Purchase-3001 0cbe7bce-6129-45ae-9d09-8a5637057317 f62d6c70-9798-4c3b-b872-879282980b49
  9. Cannot purchase gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot purchase gamertag change: When trying to confirm my purchase of a gamer tag change, I get the "Something went wrong" message. Also, the following lines are printed near the bottom of the window:...
  10. Cannot change gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change gamertag: So i tried to change my gamertag on my xbox one and it wouldnt work. Whenever i tried it would say "the change wasn't made." So i tried on xbox.com, but it doesn't work either. It tells me "try a...