Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

Discus and support Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to play minecraft realms on Xbox, but get an error message saying I have to change my settings. I've found other people with the same issue. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Metermatt, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Metermatt
    Metermatt Guest

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

I want to play minecraft realms on Xbox, but get an error message saying I have to change my settings. I've found other people with the same issue. The solution recommended it to change the setting to
    create and join clubs in Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety to Allow. But every time I change it and save, it goes back to Block again. Others have had the same problem, but those threads are now locked and I still don't see a reliable solution.
    Any suggestions?

:)

Metermatt, Aug 27, 2019
  2. AmbjornOsinga Win User

Can't join forza Horizon 4 clubs

There should be a tabb named online safety for Xbox one/WIndows 10 and then there is a setting that allows the cration of and joining of clubs
  3. DuTcH Pr3DaToR Win User

Xbox privacy & online safety settings don't work

I'm trying to join a club via the xbox app on windows 10, i also cannot create one.

I changed my settings to "allow to join or create a club".

Where can i change the settings on the Account page?
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Are you an adult account or possibly a child account? You may need to fix that.

Also:

When an adult and a child are both signed in on
    Xbox One, the console enforces the content limits that are set for the child
    account. This means that if your child or teen is restricted from watching a movie with mature content, you won’t be able to watch that movie while your child is signed in

If there is a child account on the Xbox make sure it is not signed in.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  6. Metermatt Win User

Thanks for the reply, Drifter X22. Good intuition...

I'm an adult trying to set this up for a child account. We couldn't change the child account, so I removed and re-added him as an adult family member (he's over 18 now anyway), but we're still not able to change the setting.

We'll make sure anyone else is logged off and give Microsoft's servers time to sync-up. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Thema:

1. Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs - Similar Threads - Cannot change Windows

2. Changed Password on XBOX Live Cannot Login on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Password on XBOX Live Cannot Login on Xbox One: Hi I changed my password on my Microsoft account and when I go to log into the Xbox one all I get is a green circle on the "Who are you ?" login page. Have tried hard reset and still doesn't work....
  3. Cannot change gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change gamertag: I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the gamertag I used is replaced by a random one. I go...
  4. Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot conect to WiFi after changing a router: Hello there. For some reason my xbox360 stop connecting to live after replacing a router. I have an error on the first stage of connecting to WiFi. All other devices connect fine without any...
  5. I cannot get the region code to change on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get the region code to change on my Xbox 360: I moved from Germany to the USA, and changed the settings on the console and in my Microsoft Account, both locale and language, as well as the billing information. I have deleted and re-added my...
  6. Cannot Sign In in the xbox app (beta) after I change the email of my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Sign In in the xbox app (beta) after I change the email of my Microsoft account: As the titlle says, I recently change my email associated to my microsoft account but for some reason the Xbox app is not dealing well with the change because I got Logged off of the app and when...
  7. My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it: when I tried to sign in the xbox.com and set my profile, error occurs and gamer tag is automatically set as stupid one. after that, I try to change it, error occurs too and does not change it....
  8. Cannot change the windows 10 saftey settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change the windows 10 saftey settings: Hello, i am trying to figure out why y Xbox one account will not allow me to have a personal gamer pic whenever I try to it says I have to be older and that I need an adult accountant so I went...
  9. Cannot change specific Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change specific Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings.: I want to play realms on windows 10 minecraft, but everytime I try to change the setting "Decide to allow or block creating and joining clubs" to Allow,the page refreshes and it become Block...
  10. Cannot change safety for my child xbox account on windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change safety for my child xbox account on windows 10: My child wants to play with his cousin a game. He wanted to add him as friend. Since he is 10, he cannot add due to privacy settings that needs to be managed by an adult. Of course his live...