Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting

Discus and support Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, As shown below, I can't click into my child's account and access the online privacy stuff and I cannot find a fix anywhere nor anything... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Eutimur, May 14, 2022.

1. Eutimur
    Eutimur Guest

Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting

Hi all,

As shown below, I can't click into my child's account and access the online privacy stuff and I cannot find a fix anywhere nor anything regarding this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting [​IMG]

:)

Eutimur, May 14, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Eutimur! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings
  3. z01id Win User

Can't create or join party, error code 0x80190193

Go to Settings, Account and Privacy & Online Safety. There, on the right hand side, you will see either View Details or View Details & Customize. Click on it and you will see a list of different aspects of Xbox Live. Find Join Multiplayer Games and check
    if it's Allowed or Blocked. If it's Blocked and you cannot change it, then it's a child account. You have to sign in with a parental account (the parental account would've been created at the same time as the child account), go to Settings, Account and Family.
    There, select the child's gamertag, then Privacy & Online Safety, View Details & Customize and allow online gaming.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Minecraft

Hello Somewhat2000,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. It appears as if your account's

online safety and privacy settings
    may be affecting your ability to play the game online. Is your account a child account? We suggest utilizing the article we provided to check your online safety and privacy settings for any restrictions. If your account
    is a child account, the settings will need to be changed through the parent account that the child account is tied to. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. G.S.2 Win User

XBOX App cant change privacy settings

Hello fellow gamer!

It seems there is an issue with being able to adjust the privacy and online safety settings.

Try this out for us:

1. Sign into a different account that is yours
    2. Follow our Add members to your Microsoft family, you would add your own account into the family as a child
    3. And then follow our Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
      to adjust the privacy settings for your main account
    Try this out for us and let us know how this goes.

Best wishes!
    I just tried this, and i was only able to edit the privacy settings on the account that i was signed in to. My other account was visible but i couldn't click on it because when i moused over it it gave me a red cross.

I was able to edit my privacy setting however i got an "Unexpected error" message
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Come promuovere un account bambino ad account adulto [How to promote a child account to adult account]

Hey Xbox Gamer,

Unfortunately, a child account cannot be manually promoted to an adult account. You can however, change the privacy settings on an existing child account to get some of the benefits of an adult account by visiting our

Online Safety
    page.
Thema:

1. Cannot click on Child account's gamerpic and edit the account's privacy/online setting - Similar Threads - Cannot click Child

2. Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot right click mouse and move character (wasd) at the same time in videogames.: I'm having a problem where I cannot run and gun in some of my favorite videogames such as Fallout New Vegas and Halo MCC. It's weird that I can't shoot and move at the same time, and often makes...
  3. Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start Flight Simulator. Nothing happens after clicking "Launch" button in MS Store: Hello, since January i cannot run the sim. After clicking “Launch” button in MS Store nothing happens.Sometimes it starts but it’s very random and let’s say it’s 1 time within 30 tries. When it...
  4. I cannot sign in to xbox pc app. Click "Sign In" anywhere in the app and literally nothing...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign in to xbox pc app. Click "Sign In" anywhere in the app and literally nothing...: Step1 - launch xbox app. Step2 - see that i'm not signed in Step3 - click sign in Step4 - nothing happens, no spot to enter my credentials, nothing. Step5 - go to settings, see big sign in...
  5. Cannot click INSTALL whilst on the store

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot click INSTALL whilst on the store: When trying to install a GWG title, Portal Knights the install button doesn't recognise it is being pressed. Reported also via console. submitted by /u/TheNUTRONIC [link] [comments]
  6. I cannot sign into a new account in my Xbox. When I click on add new account it loads for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign into a new account in my Xbox. When I click on add new account it loads for...: I cannot sign into a new account in my Xbox. When I click on add new account it loads for sometime and then it just quits. I tried restarting and hard resetting my Xbox,but it was useless...
  7. Cannot click on "Reputation"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot click on "Reputation": When I go to enforcement.xbox.com and login, I can only click on Stay Safe, Report Offensive Video, How do I?, News, and Xbox Live. Reputation acts like plain text instead of a link and does not...
  8. I cannot click for the new winter jigsaw puzzles. The link is not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot click for the new winter jigsaw puzzles. The link is not working.: I want the new winter collection for the Jigsaw (Winter Jigsaw I believe) but I can't click the link, Please help I would love to play the winter collection. 33e5fe0a-e288-4c3a-a09e-71a10a0264f5
  9. Cannot click on "Get Shipping Label" at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot click on "Get Shipping Label" at all: Tried enabling pop ups in Chrome, IE, Firefox and even Opera. Please help as my warranty expires in just days from now. [img] 41ac86a7-6ea4-4b34-b854-3ae1aad0e7d0
  10. i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot access my settings at all , every time i click on it , it tells me something went ...: i cant access my settings at all so anything that includes going to the settings i cannot do because it will not let me continue and then tells me something went wrong and to enter 0x80073d0f ,...