Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

Discus and support Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just got my Elite Series 2 and connected it to my win10 PC Launched the Accessories app, updated the controller and tried to press 'configure' on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by a.rogausch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. a.rogausch
    a.rogausch Guest

So I just got my Elite Series 2 and connected it to my win10 PC

Launched the Accessories app, updated the controller and tried to press 'configure' on the app

Upon pressing, a grey box briefly appears but then disappears shortly after, this can be reproduced many times

So here's the question, how do I get the app to show me the configuration menu and not close it after split seconds?

Best regards

:)

a.rogausch, Nov 6, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 on PC

3. GoBlando Win User

I have 3 computers I used to test this issue. My main computer quickly showed grey box and then back to regular screen. After downloading some other xbox related apps in the Microsoft store, I discovered it was related to my computer using a local account
    and the fact I never logged into the Microsoft Store. I refuse to do this on this computer so I tried a different computer. That computer didn't have the May 2019 update and it specifically told me I couldn't configure it until I did that. I then went to
    my new laptop and tried it. This computer also uses a local account, and has never used the Microsoft store before. I downloaded the app without logging in (I cancel the two sign in attempts and it still downloads and installs fine). When I opened the app,
    it had showed the controller properly and when I hit configure I discovered that the grey box is the REQUIRED xbox live sign-in. You can not configure the controller without being signed into your xbox live Microsoft account. For some reason my main PC is
    unable to figure out I am not signed in properly and just crashes. For the new laptop, I logged into my Microsoft account but selected to only use it for the Store apps, not my general windows login. I was finally able to configure the stupid controller.
  4. hvgotcodes Win User

Thanks for the update. That's kind of a bummer, and they their software doesn't support the hardware yet. I tried playing a game with the Elite 2 and it caused so much stuttering that the game was unplayable.
  5. hvgotcodes Win User

Did you ever solve this. I have the same issue except I can't even click configure. It's disabled. The controller shows up, and I can test it, I just can't configure it.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi a.rogausch,

Thanks again for your reply updating us on the situation. You've done just about all troubleshooting available that you can regarding what is happening, so at this point, I would highly encourage you to
    contact Xbox Support and request a call back so that they can open up a case for investigation to see if it can be looked into a bit deeper.

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available as the selections may change from time to time.
    Please let the support advocate you speak to know all the steps you've tried and refer them to this forums post so that they may also document it as well.

Hope this helps and please keep us updated!
Thema:

1. Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app - Similar Threads - Cannot configure elite

2. I cannot install Age of Empires 2 DE - Code: 0x87E0000D

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Age of Empires 2 DE - Code: 0x87E0000D: I just signed Game Pass and its impossible to install Age of Empires 2 DE in my computer. Everytime I try to download it doesnt even start, just error Code: 0x87E0000D shows up. Any other game is...
  3. The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your...: The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (error). In console gives error after reaching 100% while in Windows 10 app gives error after reaching 45%. In both cases the progress is frozen for...
  4. I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...: I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be customized. It would be nice if you could customize it, you can quickly switch the configuration. I hope...
  5. Cannot configure Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot configure Elite Series 2 Controller: I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller which I am trying to configure using Xbox Accessories App on an up to date Windows 10 PC. I use a Microsoft Account Login and am connected to an Xbox Live...
  6. Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA: I get the below error whenever I try to use the app. I have updated Windows to latest version, tried logging into a Microsoft account, etc-- no change. When I search this error code in general it...
  7. Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app: (As I was unsure where to post this question i posted this both in Apps and games and here) So I just got my Elite Series 2 and connected it to my win10 PC Launched the Accessories app, updated...
  8. Kerbal Space Program Enhanced - Cannot Open Part Configuration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kerbal Space Program Enhanced - Cannot Open Part Configuration: Hello, New to KSP. Trying to follow tutorial and cannot even complete Basic Construction tutorial. When asked to modify the part configuration on parachute, I cannot open the adjustment settings....
  9. Cannot configure Xbox One Controller for Non-Xbox Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot configure Xbox One Controller for Non-Xbox Games.: I have a game called Super Mega Bob on my laptop. It is not Xbox-supported. But, if I could configure my Controller do whenever I do something on my D-Pad, for example, my laptop would think I...
  10. Cannot Configure Connect Sensor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Configure Connect Sensor: I haven't played any kinect games for quite awhile, and when I did today it was clear that it needed to be calibrated again for the play area. Problem is, I cannot configure it. When I go to All...