Cannot connect to own Minecraft server - "authenticate Microsoft services"

Discus and support Cannot connect to own Minecraft server - "authenticate Microsoft services" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I set up a Minecraft server and friends are able to log into the server. However, I cannot log into my own server I am using Minecraft pocket addition... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JS976, Apr 4, 2020.

1. JS976
    JS976 Guest

I set up a Minecraft server and friends are able to log into the server. However, I cannot log into my own server I am using Minecraft pocket addition on a fairly new iPad. When I click o the server name it says "Connecting to external server" for some
    time. It then says, "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services" and that's the end of it.

I have tried all the advice found online: checked internet connection (it's fine), logged out and logged back into Microsoft/Xbox Live account (log in with no issues), checked security and multiplayer preferences (all are turned on). I have also tried from
    both my Microsoft account and my son's Microsoft account, and tried from those same accounts on a different device (older iPad). In all cases, we just get "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services."

Given that the issue occurs on multiple devices (not a device issue) and others can log into our server (not a server issue), this seems to be a Microsoft account issue. What can we do to get around the constant "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"
    block?

:)

JS976, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Aerafina Win User

Same issue. I think we're all begging for an answer as there just doesn't seem to be one and no consistent fix for the issue.
  3. ForjoAtinxan Win User

The Bedrock server executable must be run with administrator permissions.

Right-click bedrock_server.exe

Click Properties

Click Compatibility

Click Change settings for all users

Click to select "Run this program as an administrator"

Click OK twice.

-Forjo
  4. JS976 Win User

Not sure if you saw that I'm using Minecraft PE on an iPad. Do these instructions work for that platform? Since you refer to "right click" etc. I'm guessing these instructions are only relevant for a laptop/desktop version.
  5. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

How do I Authenicate to Xbox Live?

Hi Lilly,

Thanks for responding to us. As I was looking into this I did notice it mentioned the authentication for the Minecraft account. It may be that you need to refresh your profile's authentication and connection with our servers by logging out of the game and
    logging back in. You'll also need to make sure that your computer and network devices can send and receive data to the following services:

• minecraft.net
    • account.mojang.com
    • authserver.mojang.com
    • sessionserver.mojang.com
    • skins.minecraft.net
    • textures.minecraft.net
    If the issue persists, please try again later, or consult your system's help center on network settings. I found this on

Minecraft: Java Edition Services.

Let us know if this helps :)
  6. IReyVenTz DG Win User

Minecraft: "You need to authenticate to Microsoft services"

Hi!

--------------------

Update: I tried login when iPAD was connected to another network (used my cellphone 4G) and it worked to sign in.

So there is something that is blocking connection (on WiFI) to Microsoft Account over iPAD from inside Minecraft.

As described in #4 below I have tried to open up all ports I can find from readi
    ng but no luck.Please advice; What are the ports used by Microsoft account in Minecraft on iPAD?

--------------------

I have recently purchased Minecraft on iPad but I am unable to play online due to problems connecting to Microsoft Account in game.

I am trying to setup so that me, my daughter and some of her friends can play together online.

Problem Description

I am unable to play on online servers or connect to any minecraft realms.
    I am able to log into my Microsoft account in the game, or at least my GamerTag shows, but when trying to connect to a server I get the error message:

"You need to authenticate to Microsoft services".

Minecraft Realms are no able to load either with the error message:

"We could not connect to Realms right now. We will try again soon"

So I am able to play offline and on LAN but not online due to the errors above.

Microsoft account that I use runs without any restrictions (no children block of online play)

What I have tried

#1 I have confirmed that I can login to the Microsoft account with the Xbox app on the iPad so the credentials are valid.

#2 I have tried switching to a secondary Microsoft account but with the same erroneous result.

#3 I can login to the online servers from my Windows machine that runs on same home network and my network connection is otherwise stable.

#4 UPnP is enabled on router and I anyway opened xbox live port on router specifically (even though it should not be needed as I can login over the xbox live app), but same error.

•Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 500 (UDP)

•Port 3544 (UDP)

•Port 4500 (UDP)

Updated: I also updated port forward to include:

UDP: 53, 1863, 3075, 16000

TCP: 53, 80, 1863, 3075, 16000

#5 Started hosting an online server with exact version as the IPadOS bedrock version, but same error.

System Info

Minecraft version: 1.14.30 (updated to latest)

iPad 10.2 7thGen

iPadOS 13.4

I would really appreciate some support in order to get this working.

I am happy to provide additional information on request.

Thanks in advance

Anders
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to own Minecraft server - "authenticate Microsoft services" - Similar Threads - Cannot connect own

2. ‘Cannot connect to Xbox’ remote gaming error message

in XBoX on Mobile
    ‘Cannot connect to Xbox’ remote gaming error message: Hi folks, I’m hoping soenone can help out there! I’ve set up remote gaming via the iOS Xbox app. The settings regarding ‘instant on’ etc are all correct, the Xbox is hooked up to the mains power...
  3. Cannot connect to Support : Faulty Play and Charge Kit - HELPLESS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Support : Faulty Play and Charge Kit - HELPLESS: I have received a faulty Play and charge Kit but unable to get support on that. I have tried communicating with Microsoft's / Xbox's Customer support teams but its just impossible. I tried calling...
  4. Your home xbox setting cannot be changes until we connect to the service?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your home xbox setting cannot be changes until we connect to the service?: I'm having a trouble with putting my sons account as my home xbox, it says that your home xbox settings cannot be change until we connect to the service. I'm connected to xbox live, and i have...
  5. Cannot remote connect, get error

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot remote connect, get error: I got the updated version of the app that allows remote play to my xbox but everytime I try I get this error: [img] I did enable remote play through my console and updated the controllers...
  6. I cannot connect my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot connect my Microsoft account.: When I followed the steps ( installed xbox) did all the prociger but when I click on sign in it comes back on homepage of minecraft. And I am unable to connect. Please help me...
  7. Alpha Ring (Cannot connect to any online games for more than 5 minutes before disconnect)

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring (Cannot connect to any online games for more than 5 minutes before disconnect): As of October 13th,2020 My gamertag is Vladolak and I am in Alpha Ring. Ever since today, Even with following all suggested options to fix the problem on my end (modem reset,ports etc) I cant...
  8. I cannot connect to my network, as I am already connected to another, and I cannot change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot connect to my network, as I am already connected to another, and I cannot change...: I am currently connected to a network that is part of a business, I recently got my own wifi so I dont need to use theirs (as its incredibly slow). I cannot connect to my own network, as if I...
  9. Cannot connect to a party or start my own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to a party or start my own: Hi. Whenever I try to start or join a party via the xbox app, the loading ring is stuck in an infinite loop and nothing happens. Parties were working last month or so, now they are not. I have...
  10. Cannot physically connect the chatpad to the new Xbox One S controller. I own two and neither ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot physically connect the chatpad to the new Xbox One S controller. I own two and neither ...: I have the Battlefield 1 army green version of the Xbox One controller and a black one, also. I cannot get them physically connected and am afraid of breaking them. I've tried the direct...