Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc

Discus and support Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I cannot connect to xbox live party chat every time I log into xbox companion app on my PC and try and join a freinds party the loading circle just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnnyCash1235, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc

Hi I cannot connect to xbox live party chat every time I log into xbox companion app on my PC and try and join a freinds party the loading circle just keeps spinning and eventually it does not join party. I had already tired to re install and check many
    hardware / driver issues

:)

JohnnyCash1235, Apr 5, 2020
  2. xMaduke Win User

Xbox Console Companion - Cross-Platform Party Chat Issues

Reset your xbox and sign into another accoout too see if the problem is still there

regards.

katie

hope this helps
    The xbox console companion is a PC app. I'm having issues connecting from my PC to my friends' Xbox party chat. I don't have an xbox.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

It's not just you; the app has been having issues recently with several features. I believe it's due to the high amount of traffic on Xbox over the past month or so, due to wordly events and so many people being home and on Xbox at the same time. Unfortunatley,
    all I can recommend is to keep trying and hopefully it will connect for you soon. Just know that it's not just you having these issues, as they are affecting many, many people right now.
  4. darkist1 Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

Hi CaptainCDN,

The best way I've found to share my party chat from my xbox to a stream or game recording, is having a secondary account logged in on my Xbox Companion App on my PC, and joining the party chat with that. just remember to mute its mic.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

No In-Game chat while using Xbox Companion App

Hi AustinM2,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Are you streaming to Twitch directly from the Twitch app on the Xbox? Or are you streaming your Xbox One to your PC through the Xbox Console Companion app? Are you using party chat on the Xbox, or a party through the Xbox Companion app?

What you are describing is by design using the Xbox Live party chats because the servers for the chat are separate from the in-game chat servers. Xbox Live parties effectively mute in-game chat, and mute yourself from in-game chat as well because as I mentioned
    previously, party chats and in-game chats run on different servers. Xbox Live parties are more private channels for chatting with friends, so the muting aspect is by design. I believe this is why many Twitch streamers use Discord since you can hear both the
    Discord chat and in-game chat at the same time.
  6. CaptainCDN Win User

Setting up HD60s with gen 3 A50s

ok but how do i record the party chat from the companion app?
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Xbox companion app party chat from Pc - Similar Threads - Cannot connect companion

2. the main Xbox settings cannot be changed until the service is connected

in XboX Insiders
    the main Xbox settings cannot be changed until the service is connected: I can't put any profile as the main one, when I try to show the following: the settings of the main Xbox cannot be changed until the service is connected, and where I would press to set the xbox...
  3. Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect Xbox to the Companion app.: I have tried everything and still cannot connect the xbox to the Companion app. Its driving me nuts. It worked three days ago and the last three days have been torture. Any ideas? I have tried:...
  4. Cannot connect to Gears 5 services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Gears 5 services: Hi all I don't know if this is the correct place but i am all out of solutions. Since 2 days ago i cannot connect to the Gears 5 online servers anymore. Whenever i boot up the game it just keeps...
  5. Bleeding Edge - Cannot Connect to Match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bleeding Edge - Cannot Connect to Match: I am in the process of trying to play Bleeding Edge on the Xbox One X and about 60% of the time it will not allow me to connect to a match. The first time I downloaded and played the game, I was...
  6. Cannot connect to any online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to any online games.: This problem has been occurring for around five days and nobody seems to be able to fix it. It has been getting progressively worse, at first I could play a game or two and then I'd get kicked,...
  7. Cannot connect to xbox through the companion app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect to xbox through the companion app.: I can see the xbox in the selectiln menu, but when I select it it doesn't connect. The xbox and pc are on and on the same wifi. On the companion app I had no error messages, but on the mobile app...
  8. Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion: Hi, I'm trying to have my Xbox One S gameplay show up on my computer using the Xbox Console Companion ("stream" it? Never done this before). My console shows up when I select "Add a Device,"...
  9. Cannot Connect my Xbox to the Companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Connect my Xbox to the Companion app: I am trying to connect to my Xbox from the Xbox companion app on Windows 10 but the Xbox is not showing up on the app and it's also not finding it when I try search by the IP. Both Xbox and PC are...
  10. Cannot connect to a retail kit xbox one from Xbox Dev Mode Companion with 10.0.17763.4088...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to a retail kit xbox one from Xbox Dev Mode Companion with 10.0.17763.4088...: Xbox one retail kits for updated to latest OS 10.0.17763.4088 version Device portal works on a browser but same kit cannot be accessed from Dev Mode Companion Xbox one devkit with same...