Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion

Discus and support Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to have my Xbox One S gameplay show up on my computer using the Xbox Console Companion ("stream" it? Never done this before). My console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by steven.gameo7, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion

Hi, I'm trying to have my Xbox One S gameplay show up on my computer using the Xbox Console Companion ("stream" it? Never done this before). My console shows up when I select "Add a Device," however when I click on it it gives me the error message "We
    couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device."

I tried multiple things; Restarting both the console and my computer, using an ethernet cable for my Xbox rather than a wireless connection to the internet, going into the settings, signing out of both places, etc. Nothing is working, and I really wish
    I knew what the problem was and how I can fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please note I looked up MANY tutorials and support websites, just to not figure out the problem. Including the official Xbox Support site.

:)

steven.gameo7, Dec 3, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

issues

Why are you connecting the Xbox to the PC?

You can use the console companion APP to connect the console to the PC. The console can be natively connected to your home network either via wireless or a wired connection.
  3. steven.gameo7 Win User

Well, we have two routers in our house. My PC is connected to one of them using an Ethernet cable. I brought my Xbox closer to the same router and tried to connect both wirelessly and through another Ethernet cable. No luck, sadly.

I have an antivirus software on (Norton 360) but I don't exactly know how to turn it off. I'm assuming my Firewall is connected to this so it would also be on, not entirely sure how all of it works.

I tried putting in the IP address manually, but it gave me an error, saying it "couldn't find the console."
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Can you provide some details on how it's hooked up? I saw you mentioned Ethernet and whatnot, but can you let us know how your PC is connected to your network, and how your Xbox One is connected? One of the first things I'd check is if your Windows Firewall
    is on? If it's a private home network then you might want to give it a shot with the firewall off.

I'd also check what IP address your Xbox One has and try adding it manually in the Console Companion app by clicking the "+ Add a device" button towards the top right, instead of clicking what shows in the app automatically.

Let us know and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot further if needed.
  5. Niko1664 Win User

xbox one to PC

Just an HDMI cable or you can stream your Xbox one on the same network at home from the console to the PC via the companion app.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Factory Reset without a Monitor/tv

The best way to be to use your Xbox Companion app on your PC to stream your screen so you can see what you're doing. Using the stream option it'll act as your monitor/TV and you can factory reset your Xbox. just plug both PC and Xbox into a wired connection
    on your network. and connect Via the Xbox Companion App on PC.
Thema:

1. Cannot connect Xbox One to PC via Xbox Console Companion - Similar Threads - Cannot connect via

2. Xbox One X - Cannot connect via wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Cannot connect via wired connection: Hello All, I have recently purchased a new Xbox One X and I am trying to connect my console via a wired connection, but I am unable to. I can connect my old Xbox One via the wired connection with...
  3. HELP! Cannot connect to internet via wifi

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP! Cannot connect to internet via wifi: Help! I have an xbox 360s I am trying to hook up to the internet via WiFi for my son. I have tried everything. I tried the suggestions that come with the failed attempt to connect and somethings...
  4. Xbox one controller cannot connect via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller cannot connect via bluetooth: Hello, I can plug-in my xbox one controller to my PC to update it and it see's the controller just fine. I go and try and connect via Bluetooth and it doesn't find it. I went and found the...
  5. Cannot connect via wired connection after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect via wired connection after factory reset: Hi, I am hoping someone out there can help me as I am currently experiencing a frustrating situation with my XB1. Basically, the wireless had failed on my XB1 at some point last week and...
  6. Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 ...: Note: after 2+ hours in chat with the Xbox Technical Support Team, they asked that I document this issue in these forums, so here it is. It's very detailed so the Technical Teams working on Xbox...
  7. Cannot connect with "Chat With Microsoft" via webpage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect with "Chat With Microsoft" via webpage.: I have an issue with family security - I cannot remember the details I set up three years ago. Website then recommends that I "Chat with Microsoft" - Great! However the page will not allow me to...
  8. Cannot Connect to Xbox LIVE via WiFi (Only can connect via Ethernet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Connect to Xbox LIVE via WiFi (Only can connect via Ethernet): Hello Xbox LIVE Community, I have a problem with my Xbox 360. Well, for some reason, I cannot sign in to Xbox LIVE via WiFi. I only can connect to Xbox LIVE via Ethernet. This really bugs me...
  9. Cannot connect to network via 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to network via 360: I was using wireless dsl before, recently I upgraded to 50mbps connection via comcast xfinity. I'm using a brand new out of the box 100mbps switch by netgear and a netgear modem. I've hardlined...
  10. New Xbox 360. No matter what I do (connect via LAN, WIFI, my mobile hotspot) I cannot connect ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox 360. No matter what I do (connect via LAN, WIFI, my mobile hotspot) I cannot connect ...: I have gone through all the checks and suggestions and am now at a loss on how to use Xbox Live.... Any suggestions? I have only just created this Xbox account as this is my first time on an...