Cannot download game after uninstalling

Discus and support Cannot download game after uninstalling in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So recently I uninstalled The Outer Worlds from gamepass to help resolve an issue but when I try to reinstall the game, the progress bar fills up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PalTheCow, Nov 1, 2019.

1. PalTheCow
    PalTheCow Guest

So recently I uninstalled The Outer Worlds from gamepass to help resolve an issue but when I try to reinstall the game, the progress bar fills up instantly and still shows the "install" button. I'm not sure if the files are on my pc and game pass detects
    them, but I am unable to play the game. I can install any other gamer just fine, but installing The Outer Worlds does nothing.

:)

PalTheCow, Nov 1, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello PalTheCow,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to install The Outer Worlds on your Windows PC.

Have you attempted to review our Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ forums thread for helpful links to aid in
    resolving this case? Try this out for us and then let us know if this was helpful, or if there is more that we can do to help you.

Best wishes!
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Some have reported that some games downloads will get the 0x80070005 error if you are not currently running Xbox (Beta) or the Store as your system Administrator, while others say you have to specifically open the App as a local Administrator (as
    in, a PC user not logged in to a Microsoft account) and only log in to Xbox (Beta) once it has opened. While neither of these methods fixed our particular issue, there certainly seems to be enough evidence around that the method may work.

To check your Administrator privileges or to sign in as a local administrator, head to Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info. There's an option to sign in as a local administrator here.
    Warning — make sure you've saved everything you need to save, as this will log out the main user account.

To ensure that you are running the Store or the Xbox (Beta) App as an Administrator, search for either program in the Search bar, right click on the correct result and hit "Run as administrator". Allegedly, if you have managed to download and start the
    affected games for the first time, you should be able to return to your normal account and continue playing.
  4. MS Win8 Games Win User

Cannot download msc after uninstall, getting message.

Unfortunately this sounds like a Windows Operating System error and not an error with our games. You will need to go to
    http://support.microsoft.com so that they can help you resolve this issue.
  5. Penders Win User

Cannot Uninstall Games

Had this problem before with another game (can't remember which) and had it with Chariot too.

After level 1-4 for me, it just sat on a loading screen. Didn't freeze, the wheel in the bottom right was still turning but it loaded for about 15 minutes.

I went to dashboard and quit the game from there, and then could no longer load up any other app on my xbox, or select any game, or settings, and when I started Chariot it got to the "Press A to continue" start screen but nothing would make the game progress.

Fixed it by unplugging and plugging my xbox back in.
  6. Invoked by Red Win User

Cannot Uninstall Games

What does it say when you try to uninstall them? Do you get an error code of some sort?
Thema:

1. Cannot download game after uninstalling - Similar Threads - Cannot download game

2. MCC games are downloaded but cannot access

in XBoX on Windows
    MCC games are downloaded but cannot access: [img] All games are installed, MCC has no updates pending. But all games are locked and I cannot play any of them, says they arent installed. This is installed through windows store...
  3. I cannot download rise of nations extended edition with game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot download rise of nations extended edition with game pass: I purchased game pass ultimate and have been trying to download rise of nations extended edition. it says in the app it is included in game pass but it does not give me the option to install it...
  4. Still cannot download No Man's Sky though PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still cannot download No Man's Sky though PC Game Pass: Tried at the start of July to download and it kept on getting stuck at 90mb~ have tried it again and it stops on 110mb~. -Have downloaded other games succesfully -Have got the correct account...
  5. Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval: As said in the title, I cannot download any games that say "Administrator Approval Required for Installation." It just downloads till the end, then gives me an error, and the error code is...
  6. Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC - Cannot install No Man's Sky stops at 95.4mb/1% of download: Hi I have attempted to download this game multiple times now and it just will not download. I have successfully downloaded another game from the game pass with no issues. Error code: 0x800704c6...
  7. literally cannot play any downloaded games on my Laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    literally cannot play any downloaded games on my Laptop: Not only is my HP Pavilion practically Brand new (bought it about mid march, is currently june 23) but it was also about $200can extra for the specs that made it "a gaming laptop, fit for optimal...
  8. Cannot download any game pass or store games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot download any game pass or store games: I cannot download any game pass game. I push A and it makes the sound of me selecting the game but nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the next screen to install or anything. Some games I can...
  9. Cannot download any game pass or store games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download any game pass or store games: I cannot download any game pass game. I push A and it makes the sound of me selecting the game but nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the next screen to install or anything. Some games I can...
  10. I cannot download the free game Sine Mora

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot download the free game Sine Mora: Why cant i download the games with gold for june 2020 Sine Mora To my xboxone? 0ec4347f-4599-4c18-9171-267019b25265