Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695

Discus and support Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having problems with my Westinghouse LD-4695 TV and getting it to work with my Xbox One. I know it can work because the Xbox can send the mute,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jesse Segrist, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695

I am having problems with my Westinghouse LD-4695 TV and getting it to work with my Xbox One. I know it can work because the Xbox can send the mute, volume, menu, and other commands to it. However I cannot for the life of me get it to successfully turn on
    and off with the console. It has worked before, but only once in a great while. I have tried many different remote codes and practically everything else (turning IR to slow, fast, recommended, i even did a setup with Sony settings and everything but the power
    on/off worked, and I tried the method of turning the tv off before turning off the Xbox too), and now I even bought an IR extender which I thought would fix it. I've resetted my console, cleared it's cache, and done every thing I could think of or that I've
    seen online. However, no such luck, sadly.

I would appreciate any help with this (I'm beginning to think it must be something with the wrong remote code, but alas I don't know how to find the right on)e. It's a great system and I know there's a solution out there somewhere, I just am at the point
    now where I have exhausted all my resources to find it haha!

Thank you!

:)

Jesse Segrist, Mar 6, 2014
  2. Drewdude1023
    Drewdude1023 Guest
    Background flickers in games

I have a Westinghouse LD-2685VX 26-Inch 1080p TV

Drewdude1023, Mar 6, 2014
  3. Negris4u
    Negris4u Guest
    Xbox On/ Xbox Turn Off does not power on off the television

I'm in the same boat...I have a Westinghouse VR5525Z and I cannot get the any commands to work with tv...

Negris4u, Mar 6, 2014
  4. Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695

I think the IR code is: 1712.

-Cheers

Iautorenewedu, Mar 6, 2014
  5. So I know it's been almost a month since you replied, but I did keep meaning to reply. So in regards to the remote code it worked for a little bit, and even then just off and on. However, now it didn't when at all and no matter what I do, I even bought an
    ir extender, it still won't work.

Thank you for the help though and I hope something can get figured out soon!

By the way I know it can work because if I do the Sony setup it can access everything through the ir blaster, menu, volume, and info/display, so again, I know it can work.

Jesse Segrist, Apr 3, 2014
  6. No worries, believe me... I understand. Many threads, many... everything's. Meanwhile back at the ranch... Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695 :)

By design the Xbox and the TV only should be on/off, and Volume up/down.

Try IR code: 3579, or 2397. I thought 1712 was the ticket. Otherwise, try pointing the Kinect directly at the TV and say volume up/ down with all 3 codes.

Thanks for being so thorough with me, this info will save someone else down the road.. Let me know

-cheers

Iautorenewedu, Apr 4, 2014
  7. So I finally figured it out. I always the Vizio remote worked because I have one on the other side of my basement but I was having trouble specifically turning my Westinghouse tv on/off. Everything else worked besides that. After a few wasted hours I
    figured out that you need to go to power options within the TV settings and select toggle. Not "on when Xbox is on..etc" after that it worked perfectly. So make sure it is a Vizio TV code and make sure to select toggle and you should be good to go. I have
    the Westinghouse VR4625 model. Hopefully this saves you time.

MountainyZeus83, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695

Hey there, MountainyZeus83! Thanks so much for the tip, however this thread is over a year old and this user has likely resolved their issue. I suggest checking out more recent posts to see if you can help those users out. We love seeing you guys help out
    your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you! Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695 :D

Misses Quinzel, Nov 1, 2018
  9. MountainyZeus83 Win User

So I finally figured it out. I always the Vizio remote worked because I have one on the other side of my basement but I was having trouble specifically turning my Westinghouse tv on/off. Everything else worked besides that. After a few wasted hours I
    figured out that you need to go to power options within the TV settings and select toggle. Not "on when Xbox is on..etc" after that it worked perfectly. So make sure it is a Vizio TV code and make sure to select toggle and you should be good to go. I have
    the Westinghouse VR4625 model. Hopefully this saves you time.
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, MountainyZeus83! Thanks so much for the tip, however this thread is over a year old and this user has likely resolved their issue. I suggest checking out more recent posts to see if you can help those users out. We love seeing you guys help out
    your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you! :D
  11. Iautorenewedu Win User

No worries, believe me... I understand. Many threads, many... everything's. Meanwhile back at the ranch... :)

By design the Xbox and the TV only should be on/off, and Volume up/down.

Try IR code: 3579, or 2397. I thought 1712 was the ticket. Otherwise, try pointing the Kinect directly at the TV and say volume up/ down with all 3 codes.

Thanks for being so thorough with me, this info will save someone else down the road.. Let me know

-cheers
  12. Jesse Segrist Win User

So I know it's been almost a month since you replied, but I did keep meaning to reply. So in regards to the remote code it worked for a little bit, and even then just off and on. However, now it didn't when at all and no matter what I do, I even bought an
    ir extender, it still won't work.

Thank you for the help though and I hope something can get figured out soon!

By the way I know it can work because if I do the Sony setup it can access everything through the ir blaster, menu, volume, and info/display, so again, I know it can work.
  13. Iautorenewedu Win User

I think the IR code is: 1712.

-Cheers
Thema:

1. Cannot Get TV on/off to work-Westinghouse LD-4695 - Similar Threads - Cannot off Westinghouse

2. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller: Hi. I need help. I use an XBOX wireless controller on win 10, and i would like to turn off vibration. My problem is: after turning off the vibration in xbox accessories, my controller cannot...
  3. XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]: 注册帐号的时候设置的生日已经是成年人仍旧被列入了家长监护,去家庭页面看了只有我一个人,也 法修改任何权限 导致地平线4 法查到热门涂 [Translation - The birthday set when registering an account is already an adult still being listed as a parental guardian. I...
  4. Xbox one headset is on mute and cannot take off mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one headset is on mute and cannot take off mute: Like many others, my headset is stuck on mute and cannot figure out how to un mute. Mic works a9c8cbb7-35b3-4ea6-9086-133c26f602f9
  5. Cannot install Ultimate Rapture DLCs off of the bonus content discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Ultimate Rapture DLCs off of the bonus content discs: I own the Ultimate Rapture Edition discs for Xbox 360, and while I can play Bioshock 1 & 2 through Xbox One's backwards compatibility feature without issue, I cannot seem to find a way to install...
  6. cannot restart where I left off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot restart where I left off: game will not restart where I left off even though I have saved points--is there a restart on my controller maybe..not too experienced 842f8da0-25a2-404e-9da5-8dcf2a78a30c
  7. Cannot turn off sound on daily challenges.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot turn off sound on daily challenges.: I purchased the premium edition specifically so that I could play solitaire while I listen to some daily podcasts without being interrupted by advertisements. Recently my main computer stopped...
  8. Cannot search The Raven error code 200 and can't download off the Xbox live site

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot search The Raven error code 200 and can't download off the Xbox live site: This problem started two weeks ago when Xbox first made a major system update. I can search anything else on Bing, but when I click on the search result The Raven (when typing in The Raven), it...
  9. Xbox One X screen resolution issue. Cannot view full video output with magnifier off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X screen resolution issue. Cannot view full video output with magnifier off: So my father recently purchased an Xbox One X for himself. I think he has a 50" Samsung Smart HDTV. For some reason upon booting the Xbox One X, the resolution is about double the size of the...
  10. Cannot turn off auto-renewal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot turn off auto-renewal: Despite what the support article says, there is no option to turn off auto-renewal on the website. Supposedly, if you're set to auto-renew, then under subscriptions it's supposed to say, "set to...