: Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver

Discus and support : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver When I got this Xbox One X console a couple of weeks ago I had it setup to turn my... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by esspeajay, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:22 AM.

1. esspeajay
    esspeajay Guest

When I got this Xbox One X console a couple of weeks ago I had it setup to turn my receiver on when the console turned on but now it won't do that. I tried deleting the receiver and setting it up again and changing from "on" "off" to "toggle" "toggle" but
    it won't work. When I run the setup though the console will mute and unmute the receiver. Anyone have any input?

:)

2. smoki ribbins Win User

Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Same type of issue here. Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (also not HDMI receiver). From the cable box (Comcast/Xfinity hi-def), to the Xbox One via HDMI, xbox one to Yamaha via digital optical, Xbox One to tv via HDMI, and with surround I get no center channel
    but I do get subwoofer. Running tv from the cable box directly to the receiver does give out full surround.
  3. BanditoB1 Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

seicam,

Sorry to be so slow to respond, but with the holidays and all, I hope you understand.

I believe that the only audio out from the Xbox One is over the optical link. Therefore, you have to connect the optical out of the Xbox to one of the optical inputs on your receiver and then select that audio input to get the Xbox and Live TV audio. For
    the video, you may have to bypass the receiver altogether. Here is how my setup is configured (the Yamaha gets audio only from the Xbox One):

DirecTV receiver --> Xbox One --> TV

Yamaha A/V receiver <---'

I never thought about taking the HDMI out from the Xbox and through the A/V receiver. This may work, but you will still have to associate the audio with the optical input from the Xbox. This is done through the menus on your Yamaha system. You need to
    select the HDMI input for the Xbox and then there should be setup options for the audio to use. You then select the optical input that the Xbox is connected to as the default audio input for that particular HDMI input. If you're not sure how to do this,
    Yamaha support can walk you through the process.
  4. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Picture & sound not showing when HDMI plugged into Yamaha Reciever

Hi, I have a yamaha receiver, and I have both HDMI and optical out going to the receiver from the Xbox.

A lot of receivers don't the the ability to get surround sound just from HDMI. I'd recommend trying an optical cable as well as the HDMI.

Also, if it helps, my Xbox and DTV are on the same amp channel via the Yamaha receiver.

I hope combining HDMI and optical works :) Let us know.
  5. DarkestRoom2006 Win User

Screen Blackout When Context Switching

Update: under the impression that the Yamaha receiver was working fine, I swapped the two receivers. So now the connection path is xbox to Yamaha to epson powerlite 6020ub. Problem started occurring again after a few minutes. The screen blacks out or
    turns fuzzy momentarily when scrolling quickly on the home screens, or sometimes when going from full screen back to home screen. Therefore I'm thinking the problem is the xbox and the projector connection, since everything was fine on my plasma.
  6. BanditoB1 Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

RWBill,

Thanks for your words of support!

I did call Yamaha and they confirmed that when switching the audio input to the optical port, it disables the HDMI audio pass through as this would normally create a loop that would, of course, cause problems.

So, as a result of this, I had to connect my DirecTV receiver directly to the Xbox One and bypass the Yamaha receiver entirely. I then moved the HDMI output from the receiver to another input on the TV and all is working well now. It's not my ideal setup
    as I would still prefer to switch everything via the Yamaha, but it's a workable solution.
Thema:

1. : Cannot get Xbox One X to turn on my Yamaha RX770A receiver - Similar Threads - Cannot turn Yamaha

2. I cannot turn my volume up or down

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot turn my volume up or down: I tried with using my Alexa on my TV it says it's turning up the volume but it doesn't. I also tried with my elite series 2 controller but that won't work either i have set up my TV provider and...
  3. XBOX GAME không thể bật phần quay màn hình[XBOX GAME cannot turn on screen recording]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME không thể bật phần quay màn hình[XBOX GAME cannot turn on screen recording]: tại sao tôi không thể mở phần quay m n hình của XBOX game? [Translation - Why can't I open the screen recording of XBOX game?] fdd33405-fec2-402b-aceb-fa2884b19241
  4. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller: Hi. I need help. I use an XBOX wireless controller on win 10, and i would like to turn off vibration. My problem is: after turning off the vibration in xbox accessories, my controller cannot...
  5. XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]: 注册帐号的时候设置的生日已经是成年人仍旧被列入了家长监护,去家庭页面看了只有我一个人,也 法修改任何权限 导致地平线4 法查到热门涂 [Translation - The birthday set when registering an account is already an adult still being listed as a parental guardian. I...
  6. Xbox One X - Cannot find on network via Xbox app for Windows or Android until manually turned ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X - Cannot find on network via Xbox app for Windows or Android until manually turned ...: As the title states my new Xbox One X cannot be found on the network via the Xbox App while in standby mode. After the Xbox X is manually powered on then I can use the app to stream and do other...
  7. Can Turn on Xbox One S from Windows 10 App, but cannot Stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Turn on Xbox One S from Windows 10 App, but cannot Stream: I have been able to stream to my PC for awhile now, but after the most recent Windows up date, all I can seem to do with the xbox app is turn on my xbox and not actually do any streaming. After I...
  8. My jigsaw is running without stop and turns around to resume all time -So i cannot play at ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My jigsaw is running without stop and turns around to resume all time -So i cannot play at ...: I cannot stop ma Jigsaw Play turning around all time without stopping .I cannot Play it I always pay by Creditcard.I wanted to book it for one more year but it did not recognize my order . I...
  9. Xbox One wont turn on/ Cannot Chat with Microsoft because of updated security.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wont turn on/ Cannot Chat with Microsoft because of updated security.: Hey i hope someone can help me out with this. I've came to the conclusion that i need to order a new power supply for my xbox one but i cant go into the chat to chat with a xbox one support team...
  10. Power brick cannot light on and the console cannot be turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick cannot light on and the console cannot be turned on: Recently I move from singopre to America and took my xbox1 with me. However, the console cannot be turned on and the power brick always is dark even after I used a voltage converter. I can use the...