Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

Discus and support Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iballisticfox4, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game sound and chat via his headset. His headset is plugged in directly to the headphone
    output on the monitor and at the moment he can only hear either game sound or chat, but not both.

His headset is an AFX H0317 7.1 headset, but we've also tried his old Turtle Beach headset, which used to work perfectly with the Xbox one before Xmas when he played it plugged in to the TV, but that doesn't work with the monitor either.

Please help me find a solution, so that he can get game sound and chat at the same time via the monitor. I don't mind buying an adapter or a new headset, but I've no idea what I need to get to allow him to hear both play and chat when using a monitor.

Please speak in lay man's terms, as I'm no expert.

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

iballisticfox4, Jan 1, 2018
  2. Xbox One Mic not working.

I am having trouble with my Xbox One Headset. When use the mic people cannot hear me but I can hear them clear as crystal. I have tried using two controllers, updating both, and two different microphones on each, and I am running out of methods to fix
    this. I play tons of multiplayer and use the party chat 99% of the time when I play games. I would very much like to think that I can use it again or else my gaming experiences will be pretty bad. Please help, thanks.

Jelani Abdul-Qawi, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Can't be heard in xbox chat

Mister Mascot, I am part of preview program and cannot be heard in game chat.. parties are fine and I can hear players in game chat I just cannot be heard and I am using the normal xbox one headset

BETHAMPHETAMlNE, Jan 1, 2018
  4. BETHAMPHETAMlNE Win User

Can't be heard in xbox chat

Mister Mascot, I am part of preview program and cannot be heard in game chat.. parties are fine and I can hear players in game chat I just cannot be heard and I am using the normal xbox one headset
  5. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Bans

Hiya!!

Only the Enforcement Team knows what they can or cannot do when it comes to monitoring messages within the XBOX Community. If you are a recipient of said messages, report, block and ignore. XBOX Ambassadors are everywhere as well in games and chat communities
    and we are there to promote safe game play and they can report such harassing messages as well.

Happy Gaming!!
  6. keatonhough Win User

Streaming on twitch from an Xbox series x

Party chat isn’t the problem it’s when I’m in game chat with friends my stream cannot hear them only me!
  7. dani0113 HUN Win User

XBOX ONE X I hear some popping,crackling,static noise in the games.

Hey there .

Can you please let us know the brand and model of the specific headset you're using?

Let's have you try our steps for audio issues in Xbox One party chat to see if they can help out with this.

Is this only happening in Xbox party chat or game chat as well when you're playing an online multiplayer game over Xbox Live?
    Hi. It's not depend on the headphone. I hear that on tv as well , I hear that in offline game too. Party chat is oke, the games sounds the problem.
  8. xBaDxInFlUeNc3x Win User

Stereo Headset wont connect to controller

I have the turtle beach px5 and use to work with my xbox one buht ever since this early preview update for oct. it stop working for the chat.. when im in a party or game chat no one cant hear me.. Please this problem fixed asap cuz i cannot chat with any
    of my friends and its really getting annoying and frustrating.... Its not working for skype either...
Thema:

Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

1. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor - Similar Threads - Cannot hear chat

2. I can hear people in a party chat, but I cannot talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear people in a party chat, but I cannot talk.: I can hear Ive tried everything. The conclusion I have come to is that it has something to do with my internet. Things I have made sure of: My mic works fine on my computer and other devices, I...
  3. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear in-game chat in any game: Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another...
  4. Cannot hear anyone on xbox party chat with headsets conected to controller but they can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear anyone on xbox party chat with headsets conected to controller but they can...: My issue is that from 1 week past from now I cannot hear anyone in the xbox party voice chat and ingame, but when the headset is nlt connected to my controller on my tv I can hear the people...
  5. Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App - cannot hear people in party chat: I play on my PC while my friends all have xbox so I have to use the companion app. I can see my mic activating. I can see their mic activating. I hear nothing. They can hear me. I have no issues...
  6. Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds: Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds Same, this is really annoying 9a5c7db2-d4e2-466c-b670-c027dc551327
  7. Cannot Hear Voice Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Hear Voice Chat: I have an Xbox One brand stereo headset that’s been working fine until lately. I mainly use it while playing Fortnite, and the in-game sound comes through the speakers just fine, but voice chat...
  8. I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter...: I use a headset adapter for my Xbox one headset. When I am in a party, it says I have a mic connected, and the mic icon is in the top right of my home screen. But, I can hear others but they...
  9. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  10. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...