Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

Discus and support Cannot hear game audio but can hear party? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SlinkDinkJay on Xbox, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try playing some games with my friend. I can hear him in the party through my earbuds but cannot hear the game through my earbuds or TV speakers. Can anyone help me?

:)

SlinkDinkJay on Xbox, Apr 8, 2021
  2. TheRoughNewt Win User

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS (Mic isn't working on Xbox)

Hey !

I'm from the Xbox Forums team and I would be happy to help. I would like to ask some more specific questions to get a better idea of the issue.

It looks like the headset and mic is being recognized based on your troubleshooting and the indicators you pointed out but the issue is related to audio.

So do you hear the game audio or Is this strictly related to chat? Can you hear your friends? Or is it that you cannot hear them and they cannot hear you?
    I can hear my friends but they can't hear me
  3. Sir Papi Puppy Win User

Can hear dashboard but not game audio

4. XBF Diego M Win User

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS (Mic isn't working on Xbox)

Hey TheRoughNewt!

I'm from the Xbox Forums team and I would be happy to help. I would like to ask some more specific questions to get a better idea of the issue.

It looks like the headset and mic is being recognized based on your troubleshooting and the indicators you pointed out but the issue is related to audio.

So do you hear the game audio or Is this strictly related to chat? Can you hear your friends? Or is it that you cannot hear them and they cannot hear you?
  5. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I can hear game volume through my TV, just not through my headset. I can hear party audio, just not game audio.
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Party Chat cannot hear audio

Hi there,

You could try a full power cycle of the Xbox, that should reset the WiFi adapter fully in the console. If however, that doesn't work, from what you've said, I'd suggest sending in your console for repair. You can do this at myservice.xbox.com
Thema:

Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

1. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party? - Similar Threads - Cannot hear game

2. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear in-game chat in any game: Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another...
  3. I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds: When i plugged in my headphones i can only hear this weird static noise when i looked at my audio settings my chat mixer was maxed out on the xbox party side and not the game side the bar is all...
  4. Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds: Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds Same, this is really annoying 9a5c7db2-d4e2-466c-b670-c027dc551327
  5. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  6. Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.: Hi all, so I've been dealing with this issue for about the last year and have only recently decided now that BO2 is backwards compatible with Xbox One to really truly tackle trying to solve it, so...
  7. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  8. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor: My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game sound and chat via his headset. His headset is...
  9. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...: So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and then a turtle beach I bought. In both cases,...
  10. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...: All in the question really. Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables. When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and...