Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

Discus and support Cannot hear in-game chat in any game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by seanloughran, Feb 12, 2021.

1. seanloughran
    seanloughran Guest

Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another nor can I hear anyone I'm not partied up with. The same is the case if I am not in a party. I know that it's an issue on my end because I've gone into game with friends where we are not in a party chat, and my friends can hear our other teammates while I cannot.

Not sure what the issue is. I've made sure that all my privacy settings are open. I do not know of other obvious things that would be causing this issue.

:)

seanloughran, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

Hey there,

I think I saw you on reddit, so I'll link
    your solution you posted
    . Apologies for the delayed reply here, but thanks for posting up that solution! We're happy to hear it got resolved.

If by some very rare chance that wasn't you on reddit (since your posts are identical). give that solution I linked a shot and let us know if that helps!
  3. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

Update.

So the microphone lets me talk, and i can also hear party chat and voice messages. But cannot hear the game or normal xbox guide noises.

Any ideas ?
  4. SP Rhino Win User

Turtle Beach XP500 Help Please

Ah well there is always one, with the iq of a biscuit on here, anywhoo, further to my last request i cannot hear any friends on chat, i can hear all other game noises etc
  5. Legend 2521 Win User

Self Muted

This same problem has happened to me to and in the same game. I hear my friends chatting but they cannot hear me in party chat or any other chat. I have already posted a forum about this problem but I replied on this so it might be faster to get to a solution
    for me. Please help as soon as possible.
  6. keatonhough Win User

Streaming on twitch from an Xbox series x

Party chat isn’t the problem it’s when I’m in game chat with friends my stream cannot hear them only me!
Thema:

1. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game - Similar Threads - Cannot hear game

2. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?: I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try playing some games with my friend. I can hear...
  3. I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds: When i plugged in my headphones i can only hear this weird static noise when i looked at my audio settings my chat mixer was maxed out on the xbox party side and not the game side the bar is all...
  4. Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds: Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds Same, this is really annoying 9a5c7db2-d4e2-466c-b670-c027dc551327
  5. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  6. Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.: Hi all, so I've been dealing with this issue for about the last year and have only recently decided now that BO2 is backwards compatible with Xbox One to really truly tackle trying to solve it, so...
  7. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  8. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor: My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game sound and chat via his headset. His headset is...
  9. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...: So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and then a turtle beach I bought. In both cases,...
  10. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...: All in the question really. Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables. When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and...