Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

Discus and support Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, so I've been dealing with this issue for about the last year and have only recently decided now that BO2 is backwards compatible with Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aminorthreat707, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

Hi all, so I've been dealing with this issue for about the last year and have only recently decided now that BO2 is backwards compatible with Xbox One to really truly tackle trying to solve it, so I can play my favorite zombies map of all time at maximum
    efficiency (Die Rise).

In short, the issue is that the game registers that my MIC is picking up my voice. It also displays the "talking" icons for other gamers on Xbox live. But I can't hear anyone talk. I see people's mics light up directly after I say "Can you hear me?" in every
    lobby I enter. So I am convinced that people can hear me but I can't hear them.

Tried and failed solutions:

-My NAT has always been Open and still is. I connect with actual game lobbies just fine, I simply can't hear people talk.

-My voice volume is turned up on Xbox settings.

-My mic works, tested with Skype and Rainbow Six: Siege.

-My mic and controller software are both up to date.

-It's not a hardware issue with my Xbox One (again: Mic works fine on Rainbow Six: Siege).

-I've opened ports 80, 81 (TCP/UDP), 3074, 3075 (TCP/UDP), 3478 (UDP), 443 (TCP), and 5223 (TCP) and assigned my Xbox One a static IP address so I know the ports are open for my Xbox One.

I worked with a Microsoft Support agent for about four hours yesterday until my phone dropped the call, trying all of these above solutions (although the Port forwarding I did on my own after reading threads on Activision's support site), and she seemed
    truly stumped. I even wiped my Xbox One's drive and redownloaded all updates.

So with that said, someone, ANYONE suggest me a solution to try. I will try it. I will respond to your post, I will even follow up with screenshots of my router configuration or pictures of what my Xbox One is telling me in response if you need more information.
    Someone PLEASE suggest to me something else to try, or a good way to revisit one of the tried and failed options so you can check if I somehow did it wrong. I am willing to put in as much effort as it takes to get this service up and running and to help others
    who might have the same problem as I am having.

:)

aminorthreat707, Apr 26, 2017
  2. Meyloh
    Meyloh Guest
    Voice chat issues

The in-game Volume settings are much the same as the general Xbox ones and do not change anything. I unfortunately don't have any other voice chat games like Black Ops so I do not know if it is limited to that game.

Meyloh, Apr 26, 2017
  3. rmyot001
    rmyot001 Guest
    CoD BO2 Chat

I want to play the chat through my headset and the tv for others to hear. When I go to preferences>voice I checked the box for play through both speakers and headset and I turned the voice volume all the way up and the game volume all the way down and it still isn't playing through the speakers. I also tried playing the chat only through the speakers and there was no chat to be heard at all. Does anyone know how to turn the volume up for black ops 2 or is there something wrong that I can troubleshoot?
    Thanks

rmyot001, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there,

I think I saw you on reddit, so I'll link
    your solution you posted
    . Apologies for the delayed reply here, but thanks for posting up that solution! We're happy to hear it got resolved.

If by some very rare chance that wasn't you on reddit (since your posts are identical). give that solution I linked a shot and let us know if that helps!

Mister Beep, Apr 28, 2017
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there,

I think I saw you on reddit, so I'll link
    your solution you posted
    . Apologies for the delayed reply here, but thanks for posting up that solution! We're happy to hear it got resolved.

If by some very rare chance that wasn't you on reddit (since your posts are identical). give that solution I linked a shot and let us know if that helps!
  6. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

Update.

So the microphone lets me talk, and i can also hear party chat and voice messages. But cannot hear the game or normal xbox guide noises.

Any ideas ?
  7. Meyloh Win User

Voice chat issues

The in-game Volume settings are much the same as the general Xbox ones and do not change anything. I unfortunately don't have any other voice chat games like Black Ops so I do not know if it is limited to that game.
  8. OakGill Win User

Cannot Hear Voice Chat

I have had the same problem that you are describing. That's what I was basing my answer on. The one thing I did do however, after I checked my settings, I turn my Xbox off and unplugged it for 30 seconds. I plugged it in, turned it back on, and have been
    fine ever since. I have also had the same game/party chat fault, where as going to settings and changing it fixed that one.
  9. Flangewobble Win User

Cannot Hear Voice Chat

Yeah same thing happened to me this seemed to fix it as well.
Thema:

1. Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games. - Similar Threads - Cannot hear game

2. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?: I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try playing some games with my friend. I can hear...
  3. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear in-game chat in any game: Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another...
  4. I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds: When i plugged in my headphones i can only hear this weird static noise when i looked at my audio settings my chat mixer was maxed out on the xbox party side and not the game side the bar is all...
  5. Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds: Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds Same, this is really annoying 9a5c7db2-d4e2-466c-b670-c027dc551327
  6. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  7. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  8. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor: My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game sound and chat via his headset. His headset is...
  9. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...: So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and then a turtle beach I bought. In both cases,...
  10. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...: All in the question really. Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables. When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and...