Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

Discus and support Cannot install any game from the Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Support Community, This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Auditormadness9, May 23, 2022.

1. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

Dear Support Community,

This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents about this and the problem still persists and I cannot seem to fix it.
    The problem is simple: I cannot install any Game Pass game from the app, it either doesn't let me change the drive location, or when it does (after i apply a stupid workaround for that, aka delete GamingServices folder in regedit and restart PC), it gets stuck at Preparing 0%, then after a while throws an installation error, either telling me to free up space (when i have lots of it), or just an unexpected error, the error codes were stuff like 0x0000000, 0x0000001 or whatever else (its always different)

Please help me fix this issue once and for all. I've tried so many things, like reset, repair, terminate, reinstall, update, etc, nothing works.

I really want to enjoy Game Pass like a normal person but apparently I have to go through 400 errors for finally being able to do it? It's been almost a month and my subscription is about to end, my entire month of game pass has basically been wasted by an error nobody at xbox can fix.

Thanks in advance.

Kindest Regards,

:)

Auditormadness9, May 23, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Auditormadness9. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please follow the steps below and see if they help? They will completely uninstall and install again the Gaming Services and Xbox App.

First, see if Windows is updated:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;
    Click Check for Updates;
    Click Download and Install Now option, if available (check for optional updates too);

After that:
    - Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows Start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):
    Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete "GamingServices" and "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:
    - Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Open Microsoft Store and make sure you are logged in with the correct account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account. If you are on the Xbox Insiders, click on the profile image and navigate to the settings menu. Head over to the General sub-menu in the Settings menu. Uncheck the “Use advanced installation and management features” option. If this option was enabled, restart your computer again.

Try to install any game and let me know how it goes.
  3. Jonathan Harris95 Win User

Windows 11 Xbox App can't launch apps

The same thing does happen and I cannot install these games from the Microsoft store either. These games direct me to the Xbox App.
  4. JasonEllis3 Win User

GamePass PC : Error 0x80070020 when trying re-install game

Many people have the problem where they cannot install any game that "requires administrator approval". I dont know if they consider this a bug or a feature in the Xbox (Beta) app.

When the xbox app goes to install a game, something prevents the standard administrator approval window from popping up to alllow the user to approve the install. After about 60 seconds, the installer times out and reports an error, as seen in the image
    posted by Fredric. If a game does not require the admin approval window popup, the installation succeeds.
  5. ScottRothman1 Win User

Unable to login to Xbox App on PC

Hi Samy,

I'm logged in correctly to the Xbox Console Companion. I can actually launch my games from there and play games as expected. However, when I launch the Xbox App from the Xbox Console Companion I am still not logged in to the Xbox App and cannot install new games or play games from the Xbox App.
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

Help needed as Son cant accsess gold subscriptions

You cannot share all things with EA Access.

You cannot share Early Access trials and discounts.

You cannot use the EA Access app unless your Xbox account is subscribed.

You can share any EA games from the vault that you have installed with your profile.

You can share any EA games you purchased.

You can share Xbox One Games with Gold that you have installed with your profile.

You can share any purchased games and most DLC.

You can share online multiplayer benefits.

You can share any Game Pass game.
Thema:

1. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App - Similar Threads - Cannot install game

2. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot install any game from the Xbox App: Dear all, This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents about this and the problem still persists and I cannot seem...
  3. Cannot install games on drive after Windows 11 re-installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install games on drive after Windows 11 re-installation: Hi All, After having issues with my computer, i reinstalled Windows 11, after installing it i went to the Xbox App to see if it found my games but it didnt. These games were installed in a...
  4. Cannot install games via the Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install games via the Game Pass App: For some reason today I tried to install a game an dwhen I go to install it come up with a new window saying Choose a Drive, saying go to profile, settings, profile I do this but it still wont let...
  5. Updated to Windows 11 (cannot access previously installed gamepass games)

in XBoX on Windows
    Updated to Windows 11 (cannot access previously installed gamepass games): Hello, Would be great if somebody could help with this. A short while ago I had a messy upgrade to Win 11. TLDR: - During the update I got a BSOD - Had to format C drive and fresh install...
  6. Cannot install Mature games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot install Mature games: Hello, I'm 24 years old (born April 4, 1998). I have Xbox Game Pass. I cannot install any game above Mature 17+ rating. It says "This is rated above your restriction". My birthdate in my...
  7. Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005): I am trying to install sea of thieves on the pc game pass but it will not let me. When I click install it says it is starting the download but after 5 seconds it pops up an error. It doesnt even...
  8. Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the...: I've been through 2 "Gamer" chats and 5 hours of troubleshooting at this point. I CANNOT in any way, shape or form, change the Install Location for any game I install to a different folder. Every...
  9. Cannot join parties or install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot join parties or install games: Recently I reconnected my Xbox back to the internet and faced a couple of issues. Firstly, when I attempted to install a game it went to my queue yet is downloading at 0.00B/S with no progress...
  10. Cannot find/install games from Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find/install games from Xbox App PC: Hi there! I have purchased and installed Gears 5 a while back. I am trying to install it again today. When I find the game in the Microsoft Store, it tells me to "install from Xbox App". When I...