Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 on PC

Discus and support Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I purchased Forza Horizon 5 on PC hours ago, and have yet to successfully install it. Through the Xbox app on windows 10, every time I attempt... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AbdullahEl-Rifai, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 on PC

Hi all,

I purchased Forza Horizon 5 on PC hours ago, and have yet to successfully install it. Through the Xbox app on windows 10, every time I attempt to install this, I am met with "error 0x00000001".

Things I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services using "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers" and "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN"

- Resetting the microsoft store, xbox app, gaming services, and app installer from windows settings

- Updating windows and installing all optional updates: currently I am on Windows 10, version 21H2.

This is very frustrating as I do not know what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

edit: forgot to mention that this thread https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x80073D26 specifies the installation of update KB5004476, but I do not see this update in my windows update center under available optional updates

:)

AbdullahEl-Rifai, Nov 28, 2021
  2. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Incomplete download, after reboot cannot download nor can i free up space

Hi, I'm lvnley and this is what helped me and got Forza to download!
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Cannot install forza horizon 5

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community and we're sorry you're having this issue. Usually, this is an issue that is related to the Gaming Services application, the issue can be resolved by fixing it, however, some users have reported that this is no longer working. Anyway, I suggest you try the solutions below, please.

First make sure you are using the latest version of windows, to do this follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

- If there are no updates to be made, please proceed with the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to Windows settings

Applications

Applications and Features

Look for Gaming Services

Click on it

Advanced options

Tap repair

- If it doesn't work, try the alternative below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

* Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  4. BraydenKulbacki Win User

I'm also having this issue, however it will not even ask for my storage device. Regular game downloads work and will prompt for which drive, but horizon just gives an error immediately. i suspected it's because it won't ask which drive, but now i'm not sure.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Unfortunately, if none of these solutions worked then you will need to do a clean install of Windows as the Windows build tool is just a reinstallation and this issue is usually resolved by performing this solution.

So as it doesn't, you should do a clean install of it, be it Windows 10 or 11.
  6. johnnypandas Win User

I've tried all three options and I still am not having any luck.
Thema:

Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 on PC

1. Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 on PC - Similar Threads - Cannot install Forza

2. (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Error code: 0x80073cf9) Cannot install Forza Horizon 5 using Game Pass for PC (Windows 10): Hi, I was downloading the game just fine at first. However, when I closed the Xbox App and reopened it at a later time (after rebooting) the download wouldn't continue. Moreover, it was vanished...
  3. Cannot install forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install forza horizon 5: I pre ordered the premium edition for the early access and I could never get the game to download. I tried every option, made sure I met all the requirements and cannot get anywhere. Once I get to...
  4. Forza 5 - Cannot Download/Install from Microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 5 - Cannot Download/Install from Microsoft store.: I purchased Forza Horizon 5 Premium with Early Access on November 2, 2021 and to this day (past the early access period) I still cannot download and install the program. Every step provided on...
  5. I cannot pre-install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot pre-install Forza Horizon 5: Need some help. I tried pre-installing Forza on my PC and I went afk for few hours to let it download and then when I came back the PC has been shut down and the game is gone. Now when I try to...
  6. Cannot Install Forza 4 or Halo Wars on Child Account (MS Family)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Install Forza 4 or Halo Wars on Child Account (MS Family): Hey, I have just set my son up with a new laptop. I have purchased the following games on the MS Store: Halo MCC Halo Wars Definitive Forza 4 Ultimate Halo Spartan Assault Halo Spartan...
  7. I cannot log in to Xbox Game Pass after installing Forza Motorsports 7

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot log in to Xbox Game Pass after installing Forza Motorsports 7: Every time I try to play any Game Pass Game or log into Game Pass the grey log in box blinks three times and then disappears. I have tried every guide and helpful post I have found online trying...
  8. Cannot install Forza Horizon 4 after deleting files.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install Forza Horizon 4 after deleting files.: I deleted the actual files for the game Forza Horizon 4 on my PC in WindowsApps and now when I try to download the game it says Try again later Something happened on our end. I own the ultimate...
  9. cannot download/install forza horizon 4 for one xbox one - 0x8b050033 0x00000000 0x00000201

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot download/install forza horizon 4 for one xbox one - 0x8b050033 0x00000000 0x00000201: have checked teredo, nat is open, have uninstalled (because i can get it to *think* it's installed)/rebooted/attempted again numerous time. i can download all the dlc and every other game i own...
  10. Cannot install Forza Horizon 4 on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Forza Horizon 4 on PC: Cannot install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. Every time I'm trying to install the game, the Microsoft store closes itself after a few seconds. When opening the Microsoft store again, I tried by...