Cannot Install MS Flight - Crashes after downloading installer

Discus and support Cannot Install MS Flight - Crashes after downloading installer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to get MS Flight Simulator to work on the xbox gamepass on PC. I managed to install the installer and it updated the game to 10gb before... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FlipRep, Aug 21, 2021.

1. FlipRep
    FlipRep Guest

I am trying to get MS Flight Simulator to work on the xbox gamepass on PC.

I managed to install the installer and it updated the game to 10gb before stopping and freezing. I quite and could not longer launch the application, it froze on the xbox logo. I uninstalled and try to install again. It installs the installer but then crashes whenver I try to launch to the game.

I have changed the install directory to E since there is no place on C but it seems it installs some dependency on C that I cannot change and then fails.

I ran an error report and this was what came back

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e

Faulting process id: 0x1678

Faulting application start time: 0x01d7968dc3f2a29f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: b9784c62-cb77-4db4-a1a7-628384021b06

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any idea how I can fix this? Nothing I do helps, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, it just crashes instantly

:)

FlipRep, Aug 21, 2021
  2. FlipRep Win User

Thanks, will have a look at that, not really ready to remove all my apps, will just not use the MS Xbox live in that case. But will check the link.

Appreciate you taking the time to try and help.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

4. FlipRep Win User

Hi thanks for this.

Will this not remove all my apps on my machine by performing a fresh install?
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Sorry mate, disregard the first procedure. I send it wrong. Sorry.

Step 1: Click Update & security on the Settings page to continue.

Step 2: Click Recovery and click Get Started on the right to continue.

Step 3: Choose Keep my files to reset your PC.

Step 4: Read the subsequent messages and click Reset.

After the computer has restarted successfully, you have refreshed Windows 10.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey FlipRep, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, there's a couple of things we could try.

First can you move some apps on the C: to another drive just to make enough space to install the FS on it just to test it?

Also,

First, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work:

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC and try again.
Thema:

1. Cannot Install MS Flight - Crashes after downloading installer - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Flight

2. Cannot install any games on Xbox Game Pass except EA games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install any games on Xbox Game Pass except EA games: I just recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass. I tried to download multiple games on Xbox Game list but only Fifa 21 works out for me I guess because of external EA app which help on the...
  3. Cannot install games on Windows Xbox application.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install games on Windows Xbox application.: When I attempt to install a game on my computer via the xbox application I get stuck at the 'install on selected drive' option. It does not let me install or select a drive to install on. Only...
  4. Cannot install purchased addons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install purchased addons: When I try to install several add-ons I have purchased for the game Train Sim World 2 I get an error that says "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft...
  5. Cannot update games installed on the xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot update games installed on the xbox game pass: I game I installed a couple of days ago (No Man's Sky) has undergone updates, but I am not receiving them on the game pass. The only method I have found that works are uninstalling and...
  6. Games previously installed in another computer (which I sold) cannot be installed in my new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games previously installed in another computer (which I sold) cannot be installed in my new pc: I am unable to install Psychonauts 2 and MCC (from game pass on pc) on my new pc. I believe it is related to the fact that those were installed in my old PC, which I sold yesterday. I beleive...
  7. Cannot install KB5004476

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install KB5004476: I cannot install games unsing Game Pass, I am requested to install the KB5004476 , I cannot find the install, I have tried to do it manually, but I cannot install manually either. I have already...
  8. Not able to Install(cannot download) Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to Install(cannot download) Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 PC: I have spent 4 hrs(12 Calls) with Microsoft Support Team to resolve the issue of not able to download the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game on Windows 10 PC Laptop Details MSI GP75 Leopard 64GB RAM...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator - Cannot progress install via Content Manager - fspackage file...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator - Cannot progress install via Content Manager - fspackage file...: Today at 00:17 I’m not getting anywhere on my installation. I’m still at the beginning of install, stuck on “asobo-flight-tutorials-basicinstruments-0.1.22.fspackage.” It just keeps restarting...
  10. Pre-Ordered Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder - Cannot Install Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-Ordered Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder - Cannot Install Issues: Hi all, As the title suggests I have Pre-Ordered Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder yesterday. Having major issues with the Microsoft Store App which I have reset, changed...