Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion

Discus and support Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cmclv, Nov 7, 2019.

1. cmclv
    cmclv Guest

Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message:

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth
    Redirect URIs.

Frankly, I have no idea on how this is happening and I have been seeing a lot of other people have the same struggle I am having. Is there any possible fix to this yet or anything that is being used as a solution for this?

:)

cmclv, Nov 7, 2019
  2. kenhultman Win User

I run Microsoft Jigsaw under XBox on Windows 10. I tried using the Microsoft Settings ->Apps->Microsoft Jigsaw -> Move button to move the app to the D: drive. Doing this broke the app as discussed above. I tried the suggested procedure above -- I got
    the Xbox to connect using my facebook accounnt; however, the jigsaw game continued to indicate that it would not connect to xbox.com.

I then again used the Microsoft Settings -> apps->microsoft jigsaw -> Move command to move the app back to the C: drive where it was originally. Now jigsaw comes up connected to xbox.com and I have my data restored from the server. In other words, it
    works on the C: drive but not on the D: drive.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi cmclv,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help!

Have you only tried using the Xbox Console Companion app to link accounts?

Do you have an Xbox One console? I know you can link accounts through there. On your Windows 10 PC, you can also link your Xbox account to social accounts through the Xbox Game Bar or the Xbox (Beta) app.

Make sure that you have the May 2019 update version 1903: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Once Windows 10 is fully up to date:

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
    2. Select Settings > Accounts.
    3. Sign in to Xbox Live (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press
      Link, then follow the prompts.

Download the Xbox (Beta) app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

1. Select Profile & settings in the upper right corner, then choose
      Settings > Account.
    2. Sign in to Xbox Live, choose a social network from the list, press Link, then follow the prompts.

Let us know if that helps!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't link Xbox App with Facebook Account on PC

Hi Nerfect Pobody,

I'm not sure what support page you got that information from, but I guess that is how the developers require your data to sync from one device to another on the same platform.

If that's the case, is Facebook the only social network the developers require? Have you tried linking the accounts on Facebook's website or app, or only through the Xbox Companion app? I had no issue linking my Facebook account on my Xbox One console
    through the console's account settings so it could either be the Xbox app or Facebook's account servers.
  5. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
  6. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
Thema:

1. Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion - Similar Threads - Cannot link facebook

2. : Cannot Join Xbox Live via TP-Link TL-SG1005D Switch

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Cannot Join Xbox Live via TP-Link TL-SG1005D Switch: : Cannot Join Xbox Live via TP-Link TL-SG1005D Switch I'm not happy with the Xbox Live performance on my Wifi setup so I'm trying to get my Xbox hard wired. However, when connecting to my TP-Link...
  3. Cannot link PlayStation account to Minecraft/Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot link PlayStation account to Minecraft/Microsoft: Hey all. Currently, I cannot link my PS4 Version of Minecraft to my Microsoft Account. I initially tried logging in after dusting off my PS4 and updating Minecraft to the latest version, but was...
  4. Cannot link to reddit account on XBOX App or GameBar

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot link to reddit account on XBOX App or GameBar: Welcome back! You are already logged in and will be redirected back to Reddit shortly. This is all I get when I try to link my account, it just sits there and does nothing. submitted by...
  5. Cannot login with Microsoft account because account is already linked to another...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot login with Microsoft account because account is already linked to another...: Hello, My son and I are trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition together. We have 2 PS4 with completely different PSN account names. I created 2 Microsoft Accounts. My Microsoft Account is fine...
  6. Xbox One cannot system link with another Xbox One or Xbox 360 in Halo 3 (Xbox 360 backwards...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One cannot system link with another Xbox One or Xbox 360 in Halo 3 (Xbox 360 backwards...: So I've done this many times before, I've had 3 Xbox Ones (1 original, 1 S, 1 X) and 7 Xbox 360s (various models) all system linked on a 16 port switch with ethernet cables. In fact I just had...
  7. How do I request a refund? Cannot access link..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I request a refund? Cannot access link..: I accidetly ordered a game and failed to push "this is a gift." Now I have game intended for my grandson! Refund site is not responsive! keep bringing me back to beginning....
  8. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet: TP-Link (Routers) TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet Hi Kevin, Thanks for reaching out to us. It appears you have done some major troubleshooting but are still getting a DNS...
  9. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE: Hello. My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are unable to see content other people make because...
  10. Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.: Hello All, I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support many times with no resolutions. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i connect my facebook account yo xbox xompanion