Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion

Discus and support Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message: URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cmclv, Nov 7, 2019.

1. cmclv
    cmclv Guest

Okay every time I try to link my Facebook account to my Xbox account, I receive the following message:

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth
    Redirect URIs.

Frankly, I have no idea on how this is happening and I have been seeing a lot of other people have the same struggle I am having. Is there any possible fix to this yet or anything that is being used as a solution for this?

:)

cmclv, Nov 7, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi cmclv,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help!

Have you only tried using the Xbox Console Companion app to link accounts?

Do you have an Xbox One console? I know you can link accounts through there. On your Windows 10 PC, you can also link your Xbox account to social accounts through the Xbox Game Bar or the Xbox (Beta) app.

Make sure that you have the May 2019 update version 1903: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Once Windows 10 is fully up to date:

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
    2. Select Settings > Accounts.
    3. Sign in to Xbox Live (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press
      Link, then follow the prompts.

Download the Xbox (Beta) app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

1. Select Profile & settings in the upper right corner, then choose
      Settings > Account.
    2. Sign in to Xbox Live, choose a social network from the list, press Link, then follow the prompts.

Let us know if that helps!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't link Xbox App with Facebook Account on PC

Hi Nerfect Pobody,

I'm not sure what support page you got that information from, but I guess that is how the developers require your data to sync from one device to another on the same platform.

If that's the case, is Facebook the only social network the developers require? Have you tried linking the accounts on Facebook's website or app, or only through the Xbox Companion app? I had no issue linking my Facebook account on my Xbox One console
    through the console's account settings so it could either be the Xbox app or Facebook's account servers.
  4. darkist1 Win User

XBox Live not connecting to Facebook: OAuth Error

Apparently this link no longer exists and has been removed.

In a previous post, there was a work around posted for this problem

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.
    I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"
  5. Thanatomorphose Win User

Xbox Console Companion won't connect to Facebook

I had the same issue, but found a way around it.

I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now
  6. darkist1 Win User

Trouble connecting Xbox Live Companion App to Facebook

Hi ParanKapur,

This is was addressed the other day too, a solution/work around was found by another user.

"I unlinked Facebook completely on the Xbox companion app on my PC.

I then downloaded the Xbox app onto my phone and connected it using the phone app. it connected fine and the Xbox companion app on my pc then updated with my Facebook linked to it with no further problems. works fine now"

Please give this a go and see if it helps solve the problem.
Thema:

1. Cannot link my facebook account through Xbox Console companion - Similar Threads - Cannot link facebook

2. Xbox One cannot system link with another Xbox One or Xbox 360 in Halo 3 (Xbox 360 backwards...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One cannot system link with another Xbox One or Xbox 360 in Halo 3 (Xbox 360 backwards...: So I've done this many times before, I've had 3 Xbox Ones (1 original, 1 S, 1 X) and 7 Xbox 360s (various models) all system linked on a 16 port switch with ethernet cables. In fact I just had...
  3. How do I request a refund? Cannot access link..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I request a refund? Cannot access link..: I accidetly ordered a game and failed to push "this is a gift." Now I have game intended for my grandson! Refund site is not responsive! keep bringing me back to beginning....
  4. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet: TP-Link (Routers) TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet Hi Kevin, Thanks for reaching out to us. It appears you have done some major troubleshooting but are still getting a DNS...
  5. My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son cannot link his Fortnite account from pc to XBOX ONE: Hello. My son plays Fortnite on PC and now he wants to play it on Xbox but unfortunately he cannot do that as a message says: " To do this. You are unable to see content other people make because...
  6. Cannot get link to xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get link to xbox: Can open and link to xbox with Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Mahjong but no Taptiles. What's the problem Microsoft? a4765e9b-da20-4c7a-8672-bfe5cbd814c1
  7. I cannot click for the new winter jigsaw puzzles. The link is not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot click for the new winter jigsaw puzzles. The link is not working.: I want the new winter collection for the Jigsaw (Winter Jigsaw I believe) but I can't click the link, Please help I would love to play the winter collection. 33e5fe0a-e288-4c3a-a09e-71a10a0264f5
  8. Cannot link xbox account to microsoft one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link xbox account to microsoft one: Hello, i wanted to transfert/link my xbox(360) account to my microsoft(windows 10) one. But i can't, after some research, i discovered that my microsoft account receive a pregenerated gametag and...
  9. Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.: Hello All, I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support many times with no resolutions. I have...
  10. Cannot link my Xbox One Elite Controler via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link my Xbox One Elite Controler via Bluetooth: Hi, I just buy a USB adapter (Asus-BT400) to play wireless with the Elite controller but the computer don't recognise it. • My windows 10 are anniversary and are updated. • My controller are...