Cannot Open Certain Apps (Alpha Ring)

Discus and support Cannot Open Certain Apps (Alpha Ring) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Like the title says. I am on the latest Alpha Ring update on an OG One and for the last two/three updates, I have not been able to open certain apps.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ascott2013, May 16, 2020.

1. Cannot Open Certain Apps (Alpha Ring)

Like the title says. I am on the latest Alpha Ring update on an OG One and for the last two/three updates, I have not been able to open certain apps. Most notably Disney+, Vudu, Amazon Prime Video, and Insider Hub Preview. I have reported this on the Console and searched here but couldn't find any posts with anything similar.

submitted by /u/ascott2013
    [link] [comments]

/u/ascott2013, May 16, 2020
  2. Darkvamp182012 Win User

Alpha Ring

Seems you have to be invited to join the Alpha ring

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program

The current Xbox One Update Preview rings are:

• Alpha – Open on an “invite only” basis and receives updates at the earliest point in the preview window.
    • Beta – Open to Xbox Insiders with a Program tenure of 3 or more months and an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher. This ring receives updates shortly after Alpha.
    • Delta – Open to any Xbox Insider with a tenure of 1 or more months that has reached Xbox Insider Level 2 or higher. Depending on certain edge cases where further attention is required from Alpha or Beta rings, Delta Insiders may receive
      system updates before Beta, though this is not a common scenario. Additionally, while early system updates are not guaranteed across the Delta ring, all Delta Insiders will receive the update prior to GA.
    • Omega – Open to anyone and receives system updates shortly before the GA (General Availability) release.
  3. luissolid Win User

I have the latest BETA (not alpha, etc) and I still didn't get the new dashboard!

The new home its for some Alpha skip ahead, but dont worry a certain point the beta ring will have access.

Regards!
  4. Daft Badger Win User

custom gamerpic

Not just the alpha ring now.

Top 4 rings have the option now or you need the beta app on a windows 10 pc.
  5. FreeAndSay Win User

Xbox game pass Ultimate ?

Only Xbox Insider Hub members ( Alpha Skip Ahead - Alpha - Beta ) ring, can subscribe to the XGPU. I believe it will be open for everyone to subscribe later this year.
  6. Arminator Win User

What requirements i should have to joing in Alpha Ring after many Months Activity in Beta Ring?

Hello,

i am from Germany ....

Now i want to join Alpha Ring, but Microsoft Support tells me, the only way i can join Alpha Ring ist via Invite from another People in the Alpha Ring.

But i dont know anyone in Alpha Ring.

What can i do to join Alpha Ring in XBOX Insider Hub?
    Greetings from Germany as well.

Previously, before there were rings, you had to be invited by someone already in the "Xbox Preview Program" as it was called back then.

This was then changed to the Xbox Insider Program, and anyone was able to join by installing the Xbox Insider App, and anyone is allowed to choose a ring up to Beta.

Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead are only available by invitation from someone at Microsoft, and only if new free slots are available.

You will have to "earn" the privilege to be considered by providing regular and quality feedback, and hope that there are Alpha/Skip Ahead members that provided less feedback, and are removed from the Alpha/Skip Ahead rings.

So the only thing we can suggest is to be patient, and to continue participating in the available activities, and wait for the invitation.
Thema:

Cannot Open Certain Apps (Alpha Ring)

1. Cannot Open Certain Apps (Alpha Ring) - Similar Threads - Cannot Open Certain

2. I cannot leave the Minecraft open beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot leave the Minecraft open beta: I cannot leave the Minecraft open beta. This is a problem as I have a realm and server to attend to. Please help. I have already tried pressing unenroll and done in the Xbox insider hub and I...
  3. Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**: I have XBox Gamepass, I have already installed few games. But some of them can no longer be open after a few days like "Age of Empire 2" and "Hearts of Iron 4", but Surviving mars can be always...
  4. Cannot open any games or apps on Xbox one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot open any games or apps on Xbox one X: Whenever I try to open up a game or app, I get the message: "for some reason, X took too long to start." I've tried resetting my xbox, doing a soft reset(where I delete save/cache data, and...
  5. 极速竞技 地平线4无法打开游戏[Translation-Speed Horizon 4 cannot open the game]

in XBoX on Windows
    极速竞技 地平线4无法打开游戏[Translation-Speed Horizon 4 cannot open the game]: 终极版 直接闪退 配置肯定是达 的 win10 x64 1909 [Translation-Ultimate Version Direct Flashback The configuration is definitely the standard win10 x64 1909] 0d427c33-ec79-4737-82ee-dd93dd60cdb9
  6. Cannot open Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot open Minecraft: For some reason I can not open my Minecraft since the latest update. if anyone can help me please reply. 07b58731-836e-4489-9102-ccf9030bdabd
  7. What if the xbox included in win10 system cannot open Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    What if the xbox included in win10 system cannot open Microsoft Store: What if the xbox included in win10 system cannot open Microsoft Store 3c8c5fee-214a-43a4-8a4c-98d82451cd91
  8. XBOX won't open on my PC "windows cannot access the specified path"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX won't open on my PC "windows cannot access the specified path": Hello, I've been having an issue with my PC recently where windows just will not open the XBOX app, this has been since I reset my PC a couple of months back. When I reset my PC I copied almost...
  9. 战争机器5无法打开 [Translation - War Machine 5 cannot be opened]

in XBoX on Windows
    战争机器5无法打开 [Translation - War Machine 5 cannot be opened]: [img] [img] 为想听中文语音我去设置里把地区语言都调成 中文后重启就变成这个 子了 ____ [Translation - Because I want to listen to Chinese voice, I went to the settings and changed the regional language to Chinese. After...
  10. Cannot stream xbox one to PC, stream opens to a still image or no image at all.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot stream xbox one to PC, stream opens to a still image or no image at all.: I am trying to stream my xbox display to my PC, but when the streaming starts, there is only a still frame of the console or nothing at all, but the audio is there. The streaming works with my...