Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1

Discus and support Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, This is day 5 of not being able to open any Xbox Games on my PC. I have updated where updates are available and to no avail. Any other game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shinobu Kocho 1992, May 14, 2022.

1. Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1

Hello,

This is day 5 of not being able to open any Xbox Games on my PC. I have updated where updates are available and to no avail. Any other game platform works. Steam, Epic games, Battle.net and so on, all are working fine. This is specifically a Xbox network issue.

I have uninstalled and re-installed all 3 games shown below and still cannot open them.

Is this on my end or on MS's end?

Thanks in advance

Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 [​IMG]

:)

Shinobu Kocho 1992, May 14, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Shinobu! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This error is usually because some registry corrupted entries, if is the only app giving you issues you could try this

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

If after this you still have issues, you should try to restore to a previous point your PC
  3. Zeldris_L'Esecutore Win User

Error code: (0x800700c1) , PC Game Pass

Hello, sickbrain. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you try reinstalling the Gaming Services? If not, please try it:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your device and try lauching the games again.

See if this works and please let me know. This is a very basic troubleshooting step. If it doesn't work, there are a lot of other more complex steps to try. Just let me know and we'll go through them.
    Omg thanks man, I had the same problem and now I have solved thanks to you. Really thank you again. Italy thanks you.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Error code: (0x800700c1) , PC Game Pass

Hello, sickbrain. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did you try reinstalling the Gaming Services? If not, please try it:

- Go to Start > Search for PowerShell > Right Click > Run as Administrator.

- In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

- Restart your device and try lauching the games again.

See if this works and please let me know. This is a very basic troubleshooting step. If it doesn't work, there are a lot of other more complex steps to try. Just let me know and we'll go through them.
  5. onyxishere Win User

I can´t download the free xbox live games with gold game, error code

Sorry to hear it. The error you're receiving suggests that the issue lies with the region. Some content cannot be downloaded to a country that it was not intended for.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80150017
  6. Dr BearPigMan Win User

0x000001F7

Same thing for me but error received when trying to open Xbox Store. Error code search yields nothing. Major screw-up by Microsoft?
Thema:

1. Cannot Open Xbox Games on PC - Receiving Error Code 0x800700c1 - Similar Threads - Cannot Open Games

2. Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games: Looks like I'm having an issue like a previous thread, unresolved but the thread is locked for some reason. I'm having issues opening up all pc games downloaded from the xbox app: "Windows...
  3. Cannot open games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot open games: I literally cannot open a single one of my xbox games through the xbox app on PC, I can open any game from any other launcher like Steam, absolutely fine, is microsoft store down? This is...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games: While i can download the games i have on the xbox app through xbox game pass, i cant open them. The full error i get is: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not...
  5. Error 0x803F8001 - cannot open any games on PC using Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x803F8001 - cannot open any games on PC using Gamepass: Error message says the game may not be available on my account, but the gamepass subscription is active, I am logged in, and all three games I have tried with are available....
  6. Windows platform cannot be opened to play games

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows platform cannot be opened to play games: Extreme speed: Horizon 4 can't play all of a sudden. All files are locked and can't be opened. It hasn't been opened for any assistance 020074a9-9c1a-4faf-97ad-ad3ca5667f75
  7. Don’t get how to open a game - cannot work it out

in XboX Insiders
    Don’t get how to open a game - cannot work it out: Links just say ‘get ready to play’ and clicking on it just asks me to add the shortcut to the Home Screen. Am I missing something here as no games do anything different submitted by /u/Delid4ve...
  8. When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC.

in XboX Insiders
    When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC.: When I open a game, I cannot use any of the function "A", "Y", "X" etc from PC. The pc doesnt have a controller and the Keyboard doesnt map to these buttons. submitted by /u/Cryptotypical...
  9. Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open Sea of Thieves game (Please read entire post before commenting): I inconsistently get this error when attempting to open Sea of Thieves through the microsoft store/xbox game app: Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are...
  10. Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game cannot open **Solved.**: I have XBox Gamepass, I have already installed few games. But some of them can no longer be open after a few days like "Age of Empire 2" and "Hearts of Iron 4", but Surviving mars can be always...