Cannot play game transferred from Xbox One To Xbox Series X, need help

Discus and support Cannot play game transferred from Xbox One To Xbox Series X, need help in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title. I transferred Far Cry 5 from my old Xbox to my new one. When I tried to play it, I get the alert “Do you own this game or app?” I went to see it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/IsaacG510, Jun 23, 2022.

1. /u/IsaacG510
    /u/IsaacG510 Guest

Title. I transferred Far Cry 5 from my old Xbox to my new one. When I tried to play it, I get the alert “Do you own this game or app?” I went to see it in the Microsoft store and now it says it isn’t installed. When I try to, it shoes the message “Check back in a little bit, we’re having trouble getting your stuff right now.”

submitted by /u/IsaacG510
    [link] [comments]

/u/IsaacG510, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Yaniikku Win User

Cod Xbox one to series s

Hi, JoeMcShane1!

You cannot transfer purchased game discs to the Xbox Series S. If you own an Xbox Series S and want to play games that you own on disc, you'll need to purchase them again from the Microsoft Store. If you plan on playing disc games, you may want to get the Xbox Series X instead of the Xbox Series S, as it has a drive.

-
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series X/Xbox one

I cant find anything online that is this specific. I just wanted to ask if the owners account library will be fully transferable from xbox one to the xbox series x. Honestly this will be a deciding factor on wether i buy it or build a lynux gaming
    pc.
    Your entire account will be transferred from Xbox One to Xbox Series X when you sign in on Xbox Series X, you just may have to download and install the games again that you have, you wont need to buy the game again as you already own them.

Bare in mind, if you want to go for a gaming PC and are looking to match or get the same spec's and performance as the Xbox Series X or better, you'd be looking at a price of around £2000 give or take.
  6. tejo chase Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

If they were to put it a bigger ssd internally the price of the series x would rocket so to keep prices at a reasonable level these 1tb ssd drives sold separately and you only need them to play series x games once the internal ssd is full however you can
    still use standard external harddrives to play xbox one 360 and og games from and yoi can also store series x games on them you just cant play the series x games from them so it might mean a little more transfering around of series x games (which will move
    much faster than hames move now) so for a fair while you probably wont even need the plug in ssd drive.
Thema:

1. Cannot play game transferred from Xbox One To Xbox Series X, need help - Similar Threads - Cannot play game

2. I cannot play any of my XBOX games ( sniper elite 5, fh5, amongus) I keep receiving errors...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play any of my XBOX games ( sniper elite 5, fh5, amongus) I keep receiving errors...: [img] [img] [img] I do not know what is causing the problem 1fd73c96-e4de-4a08-a0f9-fb970ba3009e
  3. Account is older than 18 but still cannot play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is older than 18 but still cannot play online games: I have an account with Mojang and I recently migrated it to a Microsoft account but now I cant play online. It is an adult account, though. I've spent hours trying to figure something out that...
  4. On PC Using Chrome, cannot play Game Pass games because the button says "Get Ready To Play"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On PC Using Chrome, cannot play Game Pass games because the button says "Get Ready To Play": System: PC (Windows 10) Software: Chrome Browser Website: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play When I log into Xboix Gamepass in my Chrome Browser on my PC, when I click on a game to play it, I now...
  5. I cannot play some games , my xbox one kicks me out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play some games , my xbox one kicks me out: Hi, I recently purchase RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 and GTA 5 , however i cannot play them , my console kicks me out when the games are launching .... Both games are stored on my external storage (...
  6. cannot play games pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot play games pc: Hello guys, I have taken Xbox gamespass subscription which includes pc games as well. Recently when i was trying to download Battlefield V game from xbox app on my laptop, it was asking me to sign...
  7. DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 This game cannot be played online with friends on Xbox Game Pass for PC: This problem has been discussed by many people in the comment area, and it has not been fixed yet. I hope Microsoft can fix it. After all, it is so sad that an online game cannot be connected...
  8. Get charged but cannot play the game Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get charged but cannot play the game Minecraft: I bought Minecraft from the website. But I can't play it. I've emailed the support several times but nothing useful tips are provided they just tell me to set a date and update windows and bla bla...
  9. Xbox Play Anywhere - I cannot see my games on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Play Anywhere - I cannot see my games on PC: Hello. I redeemed a digital code for Forza Horizon 4 on my Xbox One S. On Xbox I can play the game without any problem. [img] I'm trying to play the game on PC, I singed in with my Microsoft...
  10. Switched Routers, Now Cannot Play Xbox Games on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switched Routers, Now Cannot Play Xbox Games on PC: I recently upgraded my router to an Asus RT-AX82U gaming router for better wifi coverage for gaming on PC (I cannot change the location of my modem). Now that I have upgraded, I can no longer play...