Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up.

Discus and support Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I have just launched minecraft as of 19th November 2021, and it came up with this message I looked at my settings and all day “ALLOW” so I’m... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlfieEthridge, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up.

Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up. [​IMG]

I have just launched minecraft as of 19th November 2021, and it came up with this message I looked at my settings and all day “ALLOW” so I’m confused why it is saying this.
    Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up. [​IMG]

Thanks for the help in advance,

Alfie Ethridge

:)

AlfieEthridge, Nov 20, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Seeing the problem you are having, please check your privacy settings via the link below.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings

The setting you should look at is on the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab

The option you should check is ''You can create and join clubs'' it has to be set to allow.

- If that doesn't work, please try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After removing the account follow the procedure below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Now add your account again.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button.

Open Settings.

Go to Network and select Network settings.

Select Advanced settings.

Select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Select Restart.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot play on realms due to how Microsoft account is set up

Hi Xbrad2257! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Could you share a screenshot of your privacy settings without showing your gamertag in this link

https://account.xbox.com/settings
  4. Jonahthed0g Win User

Minecraft on xbox one can't play realms no matter what I do

My microsoft account is not a child account but it still has the same "error message" when I sign in with a child account. (I'm saying error message as in "you cannot play realms because of how your microsoft account
    is set up")
  5. lxSakuraixl Win User

Minecraft "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft account is set up."

I've been playing on my Realm for months now, but today, for no reason, i cannot log into live services. "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up".

I've gone to the recommended Privacy and Online Safety section of Microsoft online. All the settings are FINE. I am not a child. I am 40 years old and have never been part of a family account setup. Yet I cannot change my account settings like I'm some child.
    why?
    Yea its probably just a bug or something or maybe you're settings
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer Disabled

Sometimes you cannot play multiplayer due to how your Microsoft account is set up!

Please sign in to account.xbox.com/settings and ensure none of the multiplayer permissions are blocked.

I also suggest checking the link below, as it has all the steps to take to edit those privacy settings:

I'm trying to set up an Xbox Live or Microsoft Account (including Realms access for Child Accounts!)

If you are a child account you will not be granted access to the link above, as it requires an adult account from the family group to change the settings on behalf of you!
Thema:

1. Cannot play in Realms due to how my Microsoft account is set up. - Similar Threads - Cannot play Realms

2. Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft realms plus: You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is...: I am using an xbox one console and I can no longer access minecraft realms plus. I get the message: "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up" I have a game pass...
  3. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: A couple months ago on Minecraft, a thing popped up saying in these exact words. You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Please endure your online safety...
  4. Cannot play on realms due to how Microsoft account is set up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play on realms due to how Microsoft account is set up: So I play Minecraft bedrock on Xbox. And when I logged in it told me I cannot play because of how my Microsoft account is set up. This came out of nowhere even though I had not made any changes. I...
  5. Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot sign in to PS4 linked account to play Minecraft cross platforms or Realms: I have tried everything. I get the "Oops! Looks like this account is already connected. Please sign in with your previously connected Microsoft account, (My username)" or the "Signing in with your...
  6. Minecraft multiplayer saying “you cannot play in realms because of how your Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft multiplayer saying “you cannot play in realms because of how your Microsoft...: Whenever I try to play multiplayer or a realm on minecraft it keeps popping up with the same error every time, I’ve restarted my Xbox, uninstalled minecraft and redownloded it, and it still pops...
  7. I can not get realms and I keep getting an error that says, "you cannot play online...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not get realms and I keep getting an error that says, "you cannot play online...: Any help would be appreciated. I have tried checking if my account is set to an adult (it is). I have also tried all of the other threads. Thanks for your help. bef2b558-b1f1-4093-bc25-075f1f6eb3b5
  8. I am getting this error trying to get Minecraft Realms to work "You cannot play on realms...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am getting this error trying to get Minecraft Realms to work "You cannot play on realms...: This is on an XBox One. I am an adult and have set my privacy setting to the Adult(Social) default on the XBox. Ultimately I want this to work on my son's account, but as it doesn't even work...
  9. *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    *You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup* I can't play on...: First, I was playing for a good portion of the day on Xbox. I went to take a break. I logged out of the realm and the message blocked out the realms. When I click the get help button, it brings me...
  10. How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get past this message: "You cannot play realms because of how your account is set up.”: So I have been playing realms on Bedrock for some time and today I decided to download the Xbox version of Minecraft. When I go to view my realm I receive a message that says "you cannot play...