Cannot purchase ANY Xbox 360 backward compatible game on Xbox One

Discus and support Cannot purchase ANY Xbox 360 backward compatible game on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Have had this problem since Saturday, I've reached out on multiple platforms to Xbox/Microsoft Support with no success. Every time I attempt to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MinusTydus, Apr 23, 2020.

1. MinusTydus
    MinusTydus Guest

Have had this problem since Saturday, I've reached out on multiple platforms to Xbox/Microsoft Support with no success.

Every time I attempt to purchase an Xbox 360 backward compatible game, I get the following error: "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

Let's go down the list of things it is NOT, before I get a bot responding to me with unhelpful guesses as to what it is:

It is NOT a credit card issue. I have tried a different card, same error. Both cards are valid.

It is NOT a console issue. I get the same error if I try to purchase a game on marketplace.xbox.com.

It is NOT a region lock issue. The game(s) I am attempting to purchase are purchasable in my region.

It is NOT a Child Account issue. I am not purchasing from a Child account. I do not have a Child account.

It is NOT specific to one Xbox 360 title. No matter what title I attempt to purchase, be it a game or DLC, I get the same error.

I contacted Xbox Support, and got the following unhelpful responses from MIcrosoft Answer Techs:

"Remove all your credit card information from your Microsoft account, wait 24 hours, re-add it, and try again."

I did. Same error.

"Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games are not purchasable through or for Xbox One."

This is just completely false. Backward Compatibility not only exists on Xbox One, it is a FEATURE of Xbox One.

I then contacted @XboxSupport on Twitter, and immediately received a nonsensical reply from a bot claiming to rep Xbox Support.

"We're experiencing heavy volume at the moment. Wait times for refund requests, contacting us, and other support services may be longer than usual."

First of all, I didn't ask about wait times. I asked if someone, ANYONE at @XBoxSupport could help me (SUPPORT me!) with my issue, and the response I get is the Twitter equivalent of, "Please stay on the line."

Power cycling does nothing. As I said above, it is NOT a console issue.

I am able to purchase games/movies/etc. from Microsoft/Xbox One. This affects ONLY the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

I do not, have not, will never own an Xbox 360, so purchasing directly from there is not/will never be an option.

I have been told by support that this is an issue that is affecting multiple users, all with correct payment information. However, I see NO discussion of this anywhere on the Internet. If MANY PEOPLE are suddenly unable to use a PROMOTED FEATURE (backward
    compatibility) on their console, why aren't people discussing it, then?

Which leads me to believe that the issue is isolated to my account, and there is nothing I can do since it is very obviously a problem on Microsoft's end that only THEY can undo.

So... am I just frozen out of buying Xbox 360 games forever for absolutely no reason, or can someone over there actually resolve this issue without giving me a off-topic, scripted reply?

:)

MinusTydus, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can i play

3. swojas34 Win User

Can i play

4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Compras de jogos de Xbox 360 no Xbox ONE [Mod Translation - Xbox 360 game purchases on Xbox ONE]

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about purchasing an Xbox 360 title on your Xbox One.

Absolutely, yes. You can make purchases for an Xbox 360 game that is currently

Backwards Compatible
    . Keep in mind that this will require you to use a debit or credit card in order to make a purchases for one of these games as you cannot use the funds on your Microsoft account balance.

Additionally, do purchases one of these games, and the game has an in-game marketplace, then you can actually purchase DLC for that game using the funds in your Microsoft account.

You can see more info about all this in the
    Xbox One backward compatibility FAQ

I hope this helps clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox One - Digital Only Version

With backwards compatibility, any game from the 360 or Original Xbox that is backwards compatible will work on the One. There's not a specific One version for that game. So yes, you would need to purchase the 360 version of that game in order to play it
    on the One.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Need help, question for playing a Xbox one game in Xbox360.

No. Xbox One games cannot be played on the 360.

360 games can be played on the One if they are backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Cannot purchase ANY Xbox 360 backward compatible game on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Cannot purchase 360

2. Purchased 360 game but cannot find it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 360 game but cannot find it: To help entertain my kids, i purchased Spongebob Squarepants Battle of Robots through Microsoft store. I completed the purchase and when i signed in to my xbox 360 notified me it was downloaded,...
  3. I cannot purchase some Xbox-360 games on my Xbox-One, so how do I purchase Xbox-360 games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot purchase some Xbox-360 games on my Xbox-One, so how do I purchase Xbox-360 games...: How do I purchase Left for Dead 1 and/or Left 4 Dead 2 for the Xbox-One? Every time I click the "Xbox-One Games: Left 4 Dead" version I receive a message off to the right-side of my laptop screen...
  4. Cannot purchase gold on Xbox 360

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot purchase gold on Xbox 360: Every time i go to purchase gold on my 360 just after i choose which membership i want status error 80182300 shows up and i cannot purchase it. It says sorry theres a problem with the xbox sevice...
  5. I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox...: Hello, I'm encountering an issue for couple of weeks now, I cannot purchase the free Xbox 360 games included with my Gold subscription. This has been working perfectly for years, until this...
  6. Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.: Recently rented and purchased movies on xbox 360 have narration enabled and I have found no setting to turn it off. In movies and tv on a computer I found it's also enabled by default on the...
  7. Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone has an actual solution to it. When I attempt to purchase or simply get a 360 game from Game Pass Ultimate, I receive a message:...
  8. Cannot purchase films on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot purchase films on xbox 360: My son ( child's account) is trying to rent a film on xbox 360 , and every time we try he gets the error message ' you cannot make purchases on this account'. I've checked all the possible privacy...
  9. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again -360 Games with Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again -360 Games with Gold: Been getting this error "Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." when trying to download the 360 Games with Gold. Happened on Kane and Lynch last month and now the...
  10. Cannot change 360 online settings to enable me to purchase xbox 360 contents on my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change 360 online settings to enable me to purchase xbox 360 contents on my Xbox one: I am unable to change my 360 online settings on the Microsoft website to enable me to purchase 360 content on my xbox one. I go to purchase a game and it comes up with a message "your account is...