Cannot purchase films on xbox 360

Discus and support Cannot purchase films on xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son ( child's account) is trying to rent a film on xbox 360 , and every time we try he gets the error message ' you cannot make purchases on this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmmaEvans1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. EmmaEvans1
    EmmaEvans1 Guest

My son ( child's account) is trying to rent a film on xbox 360 , and every time we try he gets the error message ' you cannot make purchases on this account'. I've checked all the possible privacy settings on his accounts to allow purchases, and he has
    enough money in his microsoft account.

:)

EmmaEvans1, Sep 15, 2018
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Probably a stupid question

If you are purchasing Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One you have to use a credit card or Paypal. You cannot use a pre-existing balance on your Microsoft account. If you want to use that balance, then you need to purchase it on the Xbox 360 first.

IndieRock, Sep 15, 2018
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Probably a stupid question

This, points work on Xbox 360, just not xbox one.

cross44, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Cannot purchase films on xbox 360

If the age on the account is below 18, it may prevent you from purchasing an R rated movie.

BaconisGood53, Sep 16, 2018
  5. BaconisGood53 Win User

If the age on the account is below 18, it may prevent you from purchasing an R rated movie.
  6. PhilipLang94 Win User

What to do when support teams can't help with a problem?

It is supported, there's an Xbox video app just like that for Xbox 360 and you can buy the shows from it too. Surely they wouldn't allow you to purchase it on a device where you can't watch it. And no Xbox video content is supported on windows phone 8, not
    tv or films. However, films do work on my win8 laptop and surface.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Connecting an XBox 360 to a windows 10 PC

If you are talking of movies you have purchased from the Films & TV app, then you do not need to do anything, as the Xbox 360 and Windows 10 have their own Films & TV app, just log in on the device you want to watch those movies, and then launch the app.
    Your movies should show.

If you have movies that you have purchased elsewhere and using the app to watch them. You only need to turn on the play to option on the xbox 360, then when you start the app on Windows 10, start a movie, then in the bottom corner of the film there will
    three dots. Select it, and choose cast to device. The Xbox 360 should show up. select it, and it should play on your console.
  8. Bazajaytee Win User

Amazon instant video

Amazon Instant Video shows any films purchased through Amazon and any Amazon Prime content.

Xbox doesn't have a Prime App, rather Xbox Video which only shows films and shows purchased through Xbox Store.

If films/shows purchased from Amazon aren't showing in Amazon Instant Video app you will need to contact Amazon Customer Support to verify your purchases.

Remember, Amazon Prime content changes so they remove films/shows periodically and add new ones. Amazon Instant Video purchases remain all the time.
  9. fredgiblet Win User

Purchasing a film

Where did you purchase it?
Thema:

1. Cannot purchase films on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Cannot purchase films

2. Cannot launch call of the wild game I purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch call of the wild game I purchased: I am trying to launch game and it gives me an error code that doesn’t work. b7f4cea6-b384-46d7-b042-550a2daab484
  3. Cannot make an in game purchase in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot make an in game purchase in Minecraft: Every time i go to the marketplace and try to purchase anything, the screen will darken and show the prompt “this shouldnt take long” or it will pull up the xbox prompt to make the purchase and...
  4. Cannot play movie I justed purchased from the movie app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot play movie I justed purchased from the movie app: Getting - CantC do that because of a temporary server condition. Please try again later 0xc33607d9 fbe86c2a-74c5-4597-a6e1-d42fb9d6cfd9
  5. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription: I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get...
  6. Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone has an actual solution to it. When I attempt to purchase or simply get a 360 game from Game Pass Ultimate, I receive a message:...
  7. Xbox live cannot be purchased

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live cannot be purchased: I keep getting the error below. Why? I would love to purchase xbox live but am unable to. App-ConversionUnavailable 5lqsosfBNU6uN7ON.0.0.23.9 2019/07/13 - 13:13:04 UTC...
  8. Cannot purchase gold or game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot purchase gold or game pass ultimate: Greetings, I am trying to purchase game pass ultimate on my home PC and when ever I attempt to click on the "join" button on the Microsoft store, it opens a web browser to the same page but the...
  9. Purchase cannot be completed at this time, Portal 2 2k19

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase cannot be completed at this time, Portal 2 2k19: Had this error when trying to grab Portal 2 as part of Games for Gold. What should I do and anyone else have/had this issue? 1941fd15-8a47-4a9b-adb3-ab8cad94ee83
  10. Cannot complete games with gold purchase.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot complete games with gold purchase.: Hi my name is Eamon, and I'm trying to get Portal: Still alive which is currently available with Games with Gold until June 15th. Every time i try to complete the purchase i get the message...