Cannot redeem a game gifted from another region

Discus and support Cannot redeem a game gifted from another region in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A friend from another country gifted me wwe 2k20. When I try to redeem the code from the email, an error message shows up : "Contact the seller to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SimOkANE, Oct 28, 2019.

1. SimOkANE
    SimOkANE Guest

A friend from another country gifted me wwe 2k20. When I try to redeem the code from the email, an error message shows up :

"Contact the seller to receive a working code in your geographic area. This code was purchased in a different geographical area and cannot be redeemed."

What Should I do?

:)

SimOkANE, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Ask your friend to get a refund. Then ask him to send you money so you can buy the game in your own region. That, I believe, is what was meant.
  3. SimOkANE Win User

I am sorry but I don't understand this part: "Once he receives the refund, have him send you the actual funds / currency so you can purchase the game in your region. "

Can you explain me?

Thanks
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello SimOkANE!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Have your friend request a refund for the game he gifted you.

Once he receives the refund, have him send you the actual funds / currency so you can purchase the game in your region.

This is where / how your friend will need to request a refund for the game he bought for you:

In order to submit the refund request, visit this link here :
    Request an Xbox digital product refund

You can always
    contact us here
    for further assistance, but all refund requests must go through that form.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. denis97g Win User

There's nothing much that you can do. Your friend will have to ask for a refund on
    xbox.com/refund. It's not possible to gift games between different regions.
  6. Allebas Win User

WHy did you not give a valid code ?

Sorry your friend is having issuues redeeming your code. Do you live in Brazil? If not, you cannot gift a code/game to another region. The code will only work in the region you brought it in.
Thema:

1. Cannot redeem a game gifted from another region - Similar Threads - Cannot redeem game

2. Cannot redeem Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot redeem Game Pass Code: Hi there, I was at gamescom this year. At the xbox booth i won a pass for 6 months of game pass ultimate. Recently I wanted to activate the pass, so I rubbed the code on the card free und typed...
  3. 16 Digit Game Pass Code Received, Cannot Figure Out Where to Redeem, No Website Given

in XBoX on Windows
    16 Digit Game Pass Code Received, Cannot Figure Out Where to Redeem, No Website Given: Hi There! I received an Xbox Game Pass for PC code for picking up one of the new Ryzen CPUs. I have a 16 digit code that I cannot figure out where to redeem. There is no website provided with the...
  4. I cannot redeem a game on computer, but it is for computer also.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot redeem a game on computer, but it is for computer also.: When I want to redeem it it says "Contact who you got this code from. We can't redeem it." What should I do? I am so worried, I can redeem it in my country, but I don't understand why I cant...
  5. Redeemed Game display under my account but cannot found in my library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed Game display under my account but cannot found in my library: I purchased NBA 2K19 for Xbox one redeem code and redeem the game successfully in XBO console. Then I access to my game & apps. I cannot see the game in neither "Ready to install" nor...
  6. help! cannot redeem game, getting "you can't acquire this item in the language you have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help! cannot redeem game, getting "you can't acquire this item in the language you have...: i just bought a new gears of war 4 which includes codes for the xbox 360 gears of war collection. but on redeeming the codes i always get a "cannot redeem code on your current language" error. so...
  7. Help! Game was gifted from UK, and cannot redeem code!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Game was gifted from UK, and cannot redeem code!: Needing help finding a solution to this problem, I friend from the UK gifted a game GTA 5 to my gamertag. I get an error message saying I cannot redeem it due to different region and contact the...
  8. Help! Game was gifted from UK, and cannot redeem code!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Game was gifted from UK, and cannot redeem code!: Needing help finding a solution to this problem, I friend from the UK gifted a game GTA 5 to my gamertag. I get an error message saying I cannot redeem it due to different region and contact the...
  9. Cannot redeem XBox Game Pass - Try back later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot redeem XBox Game Pass - Try back later: I cannot redeem my Xbox game pass free 30-day subscription that came with my xbox one x purchase made at the Microsoft Store. I keep getting the message "something went wrong on our end try back...
  10. Cannot redeem game codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot redeem game codes: I recently buy Gears of War 4 and got the 4 free games with codes. Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Gears of War Judgement. I only get the Gears of War 2 and Gears of War Judgement....