Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country

Discus and support Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have searched everywhere for an answer, but was unable to find anything. I recently bought The Witcher via cdkeys. The website... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RegularEverydayNormalDude, May 29, 2022.

1. Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country

Hello everyone,

I have searched everywhere for an answer, but was unable to find anything.

I recently bought The Witcher via cdkeys. The website mentioned the code was for Argentina, meaning I would have to be in Argentina and so would my Microsoft account to redeem it. However, both me and my Microsoft account are located in Argentina and i still get a Georestriction error when trying to redeem the code.

I have spent a good part of my day trying to figure this out. I updated my billing address, Updated my country location on my Xbox as well as my account, and even used a vpn to set my location to Argentina.

I do not know what to do to get rid of this error and be able to play my game.

Here is more details:

- The game was bought as an Xbox live key.

- I updated my account location to Argentina today.

- I am on Xbox series S, however redeem the code on my windows 10 computer.

- Below is the exact error I get.

Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country [​IMG]

:)

RegularEverydayNormalDude, May 29, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

The problem is you are going for cheap resellers

That's the issue

They have multi regional.codes.which may not actually work

You have to work with cdkeya to get the appropriate codes

Cheap dnt always better
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You may need to try from time to time, another option is see if the seller can give you a new one

Or ask them for detailed steps
  4. RegularEverydayNorma Win User

Thanks for the reply.

I checked and my IP does indeed locate in Argentina.

I guess all that is to be done for now is waiting until the end of the 48 hours and trying again.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

If you changed your account region recently, can take up to 48 hours to be fully reflected the change

Another option is try with a VPN to change your IP to Argentina in case you're not physically there
  6. RegularEverydayNorma Win User

I don't know... It's odd.

I just tried again for the sake of it. I got the same error again.
Thema:

1. Cannot redeem a georestricted code even though i am in the right country - Similar Threads - Cannot redeem georestricted

2. Cannot redeem Minecraft Bedrock Edition despite having Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem Minecraft Bedrock Edition despite having Minecraft Java Edition: After Minecraft Java Edition and Bedrock Edition were merged, they gave out Bedrock Edition to users who already own Java Edition. On the store, it would show 'get' instead of 'buy' for users who...
  3. Cannot redeem Minecraft Java, even tho i bought the 2 in 1 edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot redeem Minecraft Java, even tho i bought the 2 in 1 edition: hello, as stated in the title i cannot redeem the java edition, i think it is because i bought it in the minecraft website, but i spoke with their support team and told me i needed to talk to...
  4. GamePass PC 3M, cannot redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GamePass PC 3M, cannot redeem: I bought an Xbox X in Kuwait and got a GamePass PC Code along with the purchase. Tried redeeming the code but get the error that "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different...
  5. I cannot redeem a gift code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot redeem a gift code: My friend sent me a gift code for MINECRAFT STARTER COLLECTION from the Microsoft Store and we live in the same country, ive been trying to redeem it but i cant, it says the code is from another...
  6. Redeemed Minecraft Lego Dragon Slayer Skin but cannot find it :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed Minecraft Lego Dragon Slayer Skin but cannot find it :(: Hi, I'm not a big gamer and always get lost with this stuff. My son just purchased a LEGO Minecraft set and a brick came with a code to redeem for the Dragon Slayer skin. We went to Edge browser...
  7. Code cannot be redeemed. Region restriction

in XboX Insiders
    Code cannot be redeemed. Region restriction: Hi. So i have set the region on my xbox account to US (i am from europe) and I bought the new fifa 22 yesterday, the US version just like the last few years. But this year when i try to redeem the...
  8. "This code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed": I purchased "Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition" as a gift for a friend in Mexico, I live in NA, USA. I failed to read the warning about the region bc I was in a rush and found out he couldn't redeem...
  9. Redeem code cannot be found (We can't find this product. This code no longer works.)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem code cannot be found (We can't find this product. This code no longer works.): Hello, I've bought Call of Duty Ghosts from a website and the key provided does not work. Can you please help? Thanks, Miguel 613c1d81-6f65-4208-b5f3-a2b324cdce3e
  10. Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.: Hello, I am trying to redeem an Xbox Game Pass ultimate code, and I've tried on both Xbox and PC but I keep getting the following error: Change your Microsoft Store regionThe region in which you...