Cannot reinstall game pass games after OS clean install

Discus and support Cannot reinstall game pass games after OS clean install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I subscribed to game pass for PC and have been enjoying games like Crusader Kings III and Subnautica for a couple of months with no issues at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EmanueleCr., Feb 16, 2021.

1. EmanueleCr.
    EmanueleCr. Guest

Hello. I subscribed to game pass for PC and have been enjoying games like Crusader Kings III and Subnautica for a couple of months with no issues at all.

But after a clean reinstall of Windows 10, all the install buttons of the games I used to play with game pass are greyed out, and there is no way to install them. I am able to install and run all the games I actually bought and the ones included with the pass that I had never installed before.

I have enough disk space and my subscription is active. Please somebody help Cannot reinstall game pass games after OS clean install :(

p.s.: forgive my bad english

:)

EmanueleCr., Feb 16, 2021
  2. ​Jamie​ Win User

I mean with other distribution systems on PC like Steam or EA's Origin, you just point them back to the folder where the games are. Unfortunately, for reasons, Microsoft doesn't do it this way. The system probably creates some other files located in the OS itself with a unique encryption hash that can't be migrated that locks out installs being moved or copied. I don't really know. And I don't think backing up a game is possible.
  3. EmanueleCr. Win User

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean that even if I formatted the hard disk, the WindowsApp folder keeps memory of previous installations by referring to my account data? Can the problem be solved by letting the game pass subscription expire and then re-subscribing?
  4. ​Jamie​ Win User

This is because the WindowsApps folder is encrypted. This encryption even goes as far as not allowing the folders to be migrated to a new install of Windows on the same machine let alone a new one. The encryption is not removed if you take control of the folder either. Um.. I also believe that this really can't be solved or helped. I'm sorry you are having this problem.
  5. Llamagirl Win User

The Outer Worlds does not start

This has gotten completely and utterly absurd.

I did a clean reinstall of windows 10, and yet somehow The Outer Worlds

STILL. DOES. NOT. LAUNCH.

I give up.
    When you stay "It doesn't launch", do you mean you able to download the game and install it but it will not launch after that or you cannot even install the game?
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Shuffle Party won't install

Hey DownyPick549460!

After you uninstall the game, let's try restarting your game before reinstalling it. That can often times clean up install issues like this! If that doesn't help with installing the game post back here and let us know :)
Thema:

1. Cannot reinstall game pass games after OS clean install - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall game

2. Cannot reinstall game

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot reinstall game: I was running into a lot of bugs with Halo MCC and attempted to do a full reinstall but now the game is stuck completely unplayable. Both the windows store and xbox gamepass app recognize the app...
  3. I cannot reinstall the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot reinstall the game: hello i buyed cod cold war one month ago (digital game with a key) since one week i have the blackout trial bug... I decided to reinstall it, I uninstalled everything but I cannot install the...
  4. cannot reinstall owned games. says files are corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot reinstall owned games. says files are corrupted: i have modern warfare on disc and i uninstalled it for space but i have friends who still wanted to play warzone so i installed the free version but it wont install. the menu that pops up says...
  5. Cannot play PC Games Pass games more then once without completely reinstalling the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play PC Games Pass games more then once without completely reinstalling the game: This happens EVERY TIME I have attempted to launch a game the second time. I click 'play' and nothing. Game does not launch, computer doesn't even attempt to load the game. I have to uninstall...
  6. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  7. Cannot reinstall a game (Dauntless).

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot reinstall a game (Dauntless).: I cannot reinstall Dauntless. Before, when I attempt to launch the game, I would get the error code 0x82D40003. However, even when the owner did logged in, they reported there were some games...
  8. cannot reinstall game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot reinstall game: I own Hidden City/Hidden Objects. It crashed on me twice, so I uninstalled it and want to reinstall it. I have tried everything, but it will not reinstall. Any advice?...
  9. Deleted Fortnite application and cannot reinstall. It shows that I own the game in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted Fortnite application and cannot reinstall. It shows that I own the game in the...: Deleted Fortnite application and cannot reinstall. It shows that I own the game in the Microsoft Store but not in my games and apps. bdb1ccb3-a193-4eca-ba48-741bf5ef4d11
  10. Cannot reinstall games that I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot reinstall games that I already own: I have been playing Microsoft Puzzle for quite some time. The game would not reinstall and the message was that the purchase can't be completed, error code 0xc03f300d. I have had various Microsoft...