Cannot remove 4 numbers at the end of my gamertag

Discus and support Cannot remove 4 numbers at the end of my gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have owned the gamertag "K3ViNPwNz" for the past 10+ years but was recently required to add 4 digits to the end. It is now K3ViNPwNz2159. It didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kjlappy, Dec 3, 2021.

1. kjlappy
    kjlappy Guest

I have owned the gamertag "K3ViNPwNz" for the past 10+ years but was recently required to add 4 digits to the end. It is now K3ViNPwNz2159. It didn't seem like I had a choice at the time but now I want the numbers removed. When I go to the "change a gamertag" website and request to change to the origional K3ViNPwNz, it tells me "You already own that gamertag, if you’re happy with it you don’t need to make any changes". The problem here is that I am NOT happy with it because I want the numbers at the end removed. I used the chat support to no avail. Please advise, thanks!

:)

kjlappy, Dec 3, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

There's already someone with this Gamertag and that's why you're seeing the digits in your Gamertag, to differentiate you from the one who owns the original Gamertag. With the change of the system, nobody is forced to change the Gamertag nor have the digits added to the Gamertag.

If I have the Gamertag ''OriginalTest'' at no time have they added digits to that Gamertag, if anyone wants to have the same Gamertag, they will add digits to that person.
  3. AdamYeti Win User

I need help getting my old gamertag back fast!

To my knowledge, you cannot change your gamertag without the numbers at the end at this point. It's Xbox's new system, so all future changes will end with the 4 numbers. Also, you only get one free gamertag change per account, so if you have used it already
    then you will have to pay $9.99.

More information can be found here:
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Gamertag

as the gamertag cannot start with a number you can get 1,213,056 different combinations in a 4 character name using any letter for the first character and the remaining 3 characters using numbers and letters, so i doubt there is any left. (spaces don't count)

but you can still choose a 4 character gamertag but you will most likely get the #0000 randomised at the end of it.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Numbers at the end of my gamertag

Hi Tweb2000, I hope you’re doing great out there. I am a Microsoft Independent Advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize for the trouble however having a number included on your gamertag is to make it unique since it’s already taken and succeeding change will cost us the regular price.

For your reference you can definitely check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  6. ngocphi Win User

Numbers at the end of my gamertag

No as it told you it would add numbers which is random

It doesn't tell you a name is taken it is upto you to look up the various different versions of the name

It warns you as you enter if it will add numbers

If you click ok then it's final
Thema:

1. Cannot remove 4 numbers at the end of my gamertag - Similar Threads - Cannot remove numbers

2. Help - Windows Xbox app with game pass - game stuck on download - cannot remove it

in XBoX on Windows
    Help - Windows Xbox app with game pass - game stuck on download - cannot remove it: Hi So I got a new gaming laptop 3 weeks ago, installed the Xbox app and got a game pass. Installed a couple of games and all was good. Yesterday I attempted to install Aliens Fireteam and it...
  3. Cannot remove the billing addresses from my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove the billing addresses from my Microsoft account: Hello there. I created recently an Xbox account and I entered the wrong address when I tried purchasing the game pass. Could you please remove both addresses that are linked to my Microsoft...
  4. Cannot remove game from computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove game from computer: I downloaded Conan Exiles through the xbox pc app today, and enabled mods. I added a /mods folder to the directory, and then realized it was on my second ssd, so I had to transfer it through apps...
  5. Cannot remove game from Xbox console companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove game from Xbox console companion: In my games list I see 2 apps which are not games. Ex: Microsoft Edge is in the list. When I right click the app I see option remove from my games, but this does NOTHING. I have already reset...
  6. Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot remove account from Minecraft Beta: We registered an account for the Beta version of Minecraft (Windows 10) but now cannot remove beta, as the account is registered to a child and cannot access Insider Hub. Is it possible to get...
  7. Alpha Build - Mixer App still in collection, and cannot be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Build - Mixer App still in collection, and cannot be removed.: The Mixer app is still present after the latest Alpha Build, and there is no option to uninstall as suggested by the patchnotes for this build. Interestingly, the app seemed to be removed...
  8. Something When Wrong, Please try again later, 0x80090010, The directory cannot be removed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Something When Wrong, Please try again later, 0x80090010, The directory cannot be removed: Please Microsoft Help me fix this ill give u the picture and this happen when i change my RAM and PSU and also after i plug in my Logitech G29,Please help me [img]...
  9. Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC: I bought but had refunded the Dirt Rally 2.0 game. The game was removed from my Windows Store account, but the game which takes up a whopping 120GB of space is still on my drive. I have done quite...
  10. Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion: WHAT I DID: I use the 'record that' feature from the Xbox DVR / Xbox Game Bar / Xbox Console Companion off and on because the darn thing needs 6 processes to even have on, which can impact...