Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion

Discus and support Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; WHAT I DID: I use the 'record that' feature from the Xbox DVR / Xbox Game Bar / Xbox Console Companion off and on because the darn thing needs 6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GoldCaesar, Apr 8, 2020.

1. GoldCaesar
    GoldCaesar Guest

WHAT I DID:

I use the 'record that' feature from the Xbox DVR / Xbox Game Bar / Xbox Console Companion off and on because the darn thing needs 6 processes to even have on, which can impact gameplay.

to make a long story short, I was checking how it impacted my hardware by

1. adding Task Manager to my list of games

2. Which allowed 'Record That' to record for Task Manager

3. I messed around with the length of time allowed to record and saw how much it was caching on my system memory.

MY PROBLEM:

AFTER troubleshoot testing and finding a length of time I liked
    I tried removing Task Manager from my list of games to no avail. Within Xbox Console Companion I tried right-clicking and choosing "Remove from my games" did nothing, the refresh button up top did nothing either. Waiting and trying again did nothing,
    quitting the app, restarting the computer, checking for an update for Windows or the Xbox Console Companion did nothing. I am normally 'pretty tech-savvy' yet there seems to be no solution for this.

Online forum solutions suggest uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game,
    well this won't work for Task Manager...

Any help? I don't want my computer ramping up to start recording every time I check Task Manager but I'd still like to record my other games...

Thank you for your time,

~GC

My Software:

Windows 10 Home SL Version 1909

Xbox Console Companion Version 48.62.6002.00000

:)

GoldCaesar, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Mr Skywalker426 Win User

Hi you tried make contact with the windows support for see with they say about that? Try go in windows settings and then go into Games and Game Bar and Game Capture to see if there you can a option to put off the task capture
  3. HermenegilleDespres Win User

XBOX Console Companion Party Invites

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I cannot receive game and party invites from friends or other players from the community. In the Xbox console companion an option seems to be missing from previous version: "Party
    & game invitations
    ". Would it be possible with the latest version of the Xbox console Companion you remove a very important option?

Thanks!
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Cannot remove games from My Games on the Xbox Console Companion

If you wish to remove/uninstall games, and you have so many it's hard to find, then do the following:

Open the start menu and type "settings".

In the settings, go to "Apps". In the Apps settings, is a search field. Wait for your PC to have indexed your apps and games, and then type the game name you wish to remove.

Your PC will now show you the game (and maybe other games with the same name, for example if you type "METRO" and you have all Metro games installed, it'll show Metro Exodus, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light). Choose the game you wish to remove/uninstall, and
    let your PC uninstall the game.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sometimes it can take some time for a game to be removed from the list. Give it some time, they may eventually be removed. But bear in mind, they will come back once you have played the games again.
  6. JordanDuckworth Win User

I am trying to remove the shortcuts to my Steam games from My Games on the Xbox Console Companion on PC but when I click the "Remove from my games" button nothing happens and the game stays on My Games
Thema:

1. Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion - Similar Threads - Cannot remove program

2. Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC: I bought but had refunded the Dirt Rally 2.0 game. The game was removed from my Windows Store account, but the game which takes up a whopping 120GB of space is still on my drive. I have done quite...
  3. Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10: Hi All. I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove the beta from my system. I've successfully...
  4. Cannot remove files for Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove files for Forza Horizon 4: I have uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 through the XBox App but the files are still in c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.383.263.2_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe Any thoughts on how to...
  5. Cannot Remove Device (Xbox One) from Account.microsoft.com/devices page

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Remove Device (Xbox One) from Account.microsoft.com/devices page: I've been trying for months now but it won't remove. My new "Xbox One X" shows up fine, but I am unable to remove the old "Xbox One" from my account.microsoft.com/devices page. The "remove" option...
  6. Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.: So I started downloading forza horizon 4 with the xbox game pass, and got to 60/74.6gb of the download before turning off my pc and returning to it the next day. When I returned the next day it...
  7. Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings I get redirected here every time I try to reach my xbox live settings, but the...
  8. Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account: My son who is 14 installed the Xbox insider app on his child account about 2 years ago so that he could test out Minecraft beta. He would now like to stop using it as he wants to install the...
  9. Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account: My son who is 14 installed the Xbox insider app on his child account about 2 years ago so that he could test out Minecraft beta. He would now like to stop using it as he wants to install the...
  10. I cannot sign in on my Xbox One or Xbox Live. [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in on my Xbox One or Xbox Live. [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]: I am immediately logged out every time I try to sign in, and this issue didn't start until today's update. Also, my Xbox tells me it can't connect to my wi-fi network, but my phone and my laptop...