Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account

Discus and support Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son who is 14 installed the Xbox insider app on his child account about 2 years ago so that he could test out Minecraft beta. He would now like to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Sleemanator, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account

My son who is 14 installed the Xbox insider app on his child account about 2 years ago so that he could test out Minecraft beta. He would now like to stop using it as he wants to install the
    latest non-beta version so he can use multiplayer with his friends.

When trying to leave the insider program he was unable to launch the insider app because he has a child's account. It appears that his access to
    the insider app may have stopped after GDPR came into force last year.

He has deleted Minecraft and reinstalled it but the beta version always gets installed.

:)

The Sleemanator, Oct 1, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Sleemanator

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with leaving the beta for Minecraft.

Typically, the only way to
    leave or join a beta for Minecraft
    is through that Insider Hub app, however, if you are unable to leave it using normal means, I would have to recommend that you visit the

Xbox Insiders
    reddit for much more catered assistance regarding this matter.

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  3. The Sleemanator Win User

Thanks for your reply. I will try Xbox Insiders Reddit.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Check your Post on Reddit for reply from Insider staff and Direct Message them to solve
    your issue.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Parent email question.

You cannot change the parent account attached to a child account after it has been created. The only managing you can do is completely remove the relationship, but you cannot add a new parent to the child after that. Sorry for the confusion.
  6. ngocphi Win User

changing a child account to a normal account

well pandagirl you can go into the parental account windows live id and manage child accounts and remove it

however the account will remain a child account

until the age of the gamertag reaches 18 you cannot promote it to an adult account
Thema:

1. Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account - Similar Threads - Cannot remove Insider

2. Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove downloaded data from WindowsApps folder after removing a game from my PC: I bought but had refunded the Dirt Rally 2.0 game. The game was removed from my Windows Store account, but the game which takes up a whopping 120GB of space is still on my drive. I have done quite...
  3. Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove program from 'My Games' in Xbox Console Companion: WHAT I DID: I use the 'record that' feature from the Xbox DVR / Xbox Game Bar / Xbox Console Companion off and on because the darn thing needs 6 processes to even have on, which can impact...
  4. Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Beta Removal - cannot download current version after opt out - Win10: Hi All. I opted into the Minecraft Beta on my Win10 PC through the Xbox Insider Hub, played the game for a few min, and wanted to opt out and remove the beta from my system. I've successfully...
  5. Cannot remove files for Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remove files for Forza Horizon 4: I have uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 through the XBox App but the files are still in c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.383.263.2_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe Any thoughts on how to...
  6. Cannot Remove Device (Xbox One) from Account.microsoft.com/devices page

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Remove Device (Xbox One) from Account.microsoft.com/devices page: I've been trying for months now but it won't remove. My new "Xbox One X" shows up fine, but I am unable to remove the old "Xbox One" from my account.microsoft.com/devices page. The "remove" option...
  7. Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for pc beta - download bugged and now cannot remove the file.: So I started downloading forza horizon 4 with the xbox game pass, and got to 60/74.6gb of the download before turning off my pc and returning to it the next day. When I returned the next day it...
  8. Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings I get redirected here every time I try to reach my xbox live settings, but the...
  9. Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remove Xbox Insider on child's account: My son who is 14 installed the Xbox insider app on his child account about 2 years ago so that he could test out Minecraft beta. He would now like to stop using it as he wants to install the...
  10. I cannot sign in on my Xbox One or Xbox Live. [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in on my Xbox One or Xbox Live. [Mod Removed - see Guidelines]: I am immediately logged out every time I try to sign in, and this issue didn't start until today's update. Also, my Xbox tells me it can't connect to my wi-fi network, but my phone and my laptop...