Cannot reset Xbox One password

Discus and support Cannot reset Xbox One password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Help please! My son has forgotten his password to his Xbox and we do not have the security data to access the reset account. Ive tried a lot of times... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CherylHayes1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CherylHayes1
    CherylHayes1 Guest

Help please!

My son has forgotten his password to his Xbox and we do not have the security data to access the reset account.

Ive tried a lot of times with the Microsoft reset option but it wont let me and I cannot see what to do next. Currently he cannot use his Xbox

thanks in advance

:)

CherylHayes1, Aug 12, 2019
  2. CherylHayes1 Win User

No luck at all, there must be another way. I am really cross, hes used it since Xmas and it has all of his data.

im also paying for xbox live and he cant use it.

can someone please help

the advice you are goving is not working
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Cheryl,

Thanks for the update on the recovery form. The only way to recover an account is with the

Account Recovery Form
    . You have unlimited tries to complete it. Although you are only able to do it once or twice a day. Some important information to keep note:

1. Name and birthdate must match or be extremely close.
    2. Passwords you used in past--never leave blank always put something.
    3. When asked if purchased anything say yes then Xbox and subscription.
    4. This will ask for the gamer tag, console ID which on a Xbox one is under settings>system>console info>Xbox live device ID which starts with FD.
    5. Anything dealing with email put N/A
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. CherylHayes1 Win User

Hi

I don’t have the Xbox linked to this.

It is for my son Kristian as on my account but I think he set up a different email that we dont have access to.

i know the email address, the gamer ID, the Xbox SN & Xbox Live ID? Can I reset with this information?
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello CherylHayes1!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing trying to recover your son's account.

I would suggest setting up a call back from an Xbox Live support agent by following the steps below. The agent would be able to walk you through the steps of trying to recover the account.

As
    provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more. Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Cheryl,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand there is an issue with recovering a Microsoft Account.
    I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article: Recover and reset your lost Microsoft account
    password

I suggest when you get to the portion "Where should we send the code." Click on I don't have access to any of these, and proceed with the
    Account Recovery Form.

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Cannot reset Xbox One password - Similar Threads - Cannot reset password

2. I reset my xbox one and cannot connect to any network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I reset my xbox one and cannot connect to any network.: I reset my xbox one because of network issues and when I reset it I cant get past the network step on the reset. 903123f3-3d09-4c2e-bc17-892df8e99835
  3. Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with PC XBOX Game Pass BETA app, cannot install games after PC reset: Hello, Had the game pass working, Main app was on C drive, Games were set to install on D Drive. Due to seperate issues i had to do a PC reset. This has reset the C drive, but not touched the D...
  4. XBOX多人游戏无法使用,重置过网络也尝试过更换DNS,依旧没有效果[Translation-XBO X MULTIPLAYER GAMES CANNOT BE USED, RESET...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX多人游戏无法使用,重置过网络也尝试过更换DNS,依旧没有效果[Translation-XBO X MULTIPLAYER GAMES CANNOT BE USED, RESET...: 不管是重置还是更换DNS都会显示 法使用 [Translation-Whether it is reset or replaced DNS will show that it is not available] [img] [img] f6debd8a-5f95-48ac-8727-cf58a363b9f5
  5. Xbox One powered, won't start, cannot factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powered, won't start, cannot factory reset: TL;DR: Xbox One froze while playing a game, now won't start, or output a video signal, but is powering up and down with the front button and EJECT button. Can't even get it to enter factory...
  6. Reset Xbox and now cannot access paid for downloads

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reset Xbox and now cannot access paid for downloads: I had to reset my XBox One since there was a problem. Unfortunately, this deleted my accounts and passwords. The paid for games are still on the XBox but I cannot find any way of accessing them. I...
  7. xbox one errors. cannot login in, reboot or reset to factory setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one errors. cannot login in, reboot or reset to factory setting: xbox one errors. cannot login in, reboot or reset to factory setting aec48236-9d48-4846-902c-510f7408b1e9
  8. Reset Xbox One S to low screen resolution, now cannot got to 720 o 1040

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Xbox One S to low screen resolution, now cannot got to 720 o 1040: I had no HDMI signal, then reboot with dual button option, and it worked.. green screen now shows. The console booted and got games/data, but not able to go back to high resolution. (just 640...
  9. I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why?: I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why. 7052393a-41a8-441f-afa1-b66ce800353a
  10. Cannot log in to profile, despite password resets verified on other devices; cannot restore ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log in to profile, despite password resets verified on other devices; cannot restore ...: I could not log in to my profile on the 360, though I could on my Xbox One, PC, and phone. I have been through multiple password resets with the same result. A search for a fix indicated it...