Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta).

Discus and support Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta). in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've bought xbox game pass for pc then downloaded xbox(beta). Everything went ok at first, but one day when I tried to start a game, it didn't work. No... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by John Yang 504, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta).

I've bought xbox game pass for pc then downloaded xbox(beta). Everything went ok at first, but one day when I tried to start a game, it didn't work. No prompts and no windows.

I checked the storage of system setting, found some game files size were 0kb. Because I was using windows preview edition (1903 20H1), so I formatted and reinstalled the formal edition.

the same problem appeared again after a week. At this time, I found that my storage space has not changed. I checked WindowsApps folder and found a file of the same size without a suffix (wolfenstein2 53.4GB). I can't run it but can delete it. Although I
    have deleted the game in the system settings, I can still see the empty folder with the game name, which can not be deleted.

I tried reinstalling Windows Store and restoring settings but it didn't work, and I found that only games in Windows Store which are Game Pass included can't be downloaded(Error code:
    0x80073cfc). So I think there is a bug in the XBOX (beta) or game pass service.

:)

John Yang 504, Jul 6, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Yifan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to first report the issue within the insider hub. As this is a Beta there are known issues. One is the storage and saves of games. Here is the

game pass for PC FAQ

Thanks,

Brad
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

Atari games

If you're trying to run this Xbox 360 game on Xbox One, it must be back-compatible, otherwise it cannot be installed. If the game disc is not intended for Xbox 360 consoles, then it cannot run on that console, either.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Division2 problem beta?

Is it possible that you still have the Beta version of the game installed?

Go through your "My games and Apps" and check that you also have deleted the private and open beta, depending on which beta(s) you participated in.

Then, just to be safe, delete your Division 2 install again, and re-install it from disc.
  5. Dennis8888 Win User

Can't install Blacks Ops 2 after deleting

To keep it simple, here is what I did:

I installed the game to the hard drive, everything worked fine.

I was having a problem with the game hanging, so I deleted it from the hard drive.

Now I cannot re-install the game back to the hard drive.

When I go into game info, I do not have the install option. I also do not have the delete option. If I try to run the game from the game info screen or my games, it tells me that this is an installed game and I have to insert the disc to run it (even though
    the disc is inserted). If I open and close the drawer to have it autorun the disc, it runs fine.

I cleared the cache and restarted the xbox and I am still having the problem. Obviously the game didn't get deleted correctly, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it.
  6. FMJord Win User

Redeemed code but did not receive content

Hey Slinkygun,

I helped someone with this issue yesterday. If you still have the beta installed, make sure you delete it. Delete the extra content from the my games and apps section. Click options on BF1 the full versions, manage game, delete the additional content and
    re install. You will delete the BETA this was also. If that doesnt work download the companion app for BF1, link your xbox account and it should prompt. Do the app fix only if you have done the beta fix and it still doesnt work. Let me know and happy gaming,

Thema:

1. Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta). - Similar Threads - Cannot run delete

2. 游戏无法运行 [Translate] Game cannot run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    游戏无法运行 [Translate] Game cannot run: “幽灵行动:荒野”开启后 画面,只有声音,即使退出游戏后依旧没有画面,只能重启,重新安装后依然 法运行,希望可以得到帮助解决 [Translate by Mod] "Phantom Action: Wilderness" after the opening of no screen, only sound, even after exiting the game still no...
  3. FORZA HORIZON4 실행시 게임 진행 불가 문제 [Translation-Game cannot run ]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA HORIZON4 실행시 게임 진행 불가 문제 [Translation-Game cannot run ]: 게임 실행을 하면 "프로필에 로그인하지 않으면 진행을 수 없습니다."라는 문구와 함께 더이상 진행이 되지 않습니다. 현재 마이크로소프트 자동로그인 및 XBOX도 로그인이 되어 있는 상태입니다. 문 해결 원하며 해결이 되지 않을 경우 환불 청 합니다....
  4. Cannot run anything on my Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot run anything on my Xbox One: When i try to run anything on my Xbox One I am getting the trouble code 0x8027025a and saying (insert game/app) took too long to start. I have tried doing a power cycle and a hard reset. I am...
  5. Cannot Run Age of Empires 2 "Please login with administrator privileges

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Run Age of Empires 2 "Please login with administrator privileges: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10, last night. Since then, I am unable to play Age of Empires 2. When I try to run the game I get an error message: "please login with administrator privileges." I...
  6. Game cannot run offline after latest update!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game cannot run offline after latest update!: Hi guys, As everyone knows that the offline permission to run games is officially supported months ago,and this game can run offline by then.BUT after latest update,it cannot run without a...
  7. My jigsaw is running without stop and turns around to resume all time -So i cannot play at ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My jigsaw is running without stop and turns around to resume all time -So i cannot play at ...: I cannot stop ma Jigsaw Play turning around all time without stopping .I cannot Play it I always pay by Creditcard.I wanted to book it for one more year but it did not recognize my order . I...
  8. Ark: SE Cannot Run - Request A Refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark: SE Cannot Run - Request A Refund: I'd like to request a refund on Ark Survival Evolved because I cannot run it well at all. It's laggy, and it bugged my SSD. I cannot run a game that needs optimization like that. It runs fine on...
  9. One of Two Users Cannot Run Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of Two Users Cannot Run Solitaire: I have Windows 10 with two users on an Acer Aspire Z3. User A can run Solitaire, User B cannot. In User B's Store it says that it is installed, but it is not listed in the list of apps in...
  10. I cannot get Namco Museum 50 Anniversary (Xbox) to run on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot get Namco Museum 50 Anniversary (Xbox) to run on my Xbox 360.: To get a few things out of the way. 1. Yes its on the list. 2. Yes I have a 250GB HDD (Made by MS) 3. Yes I updated the system. (Although it gave me an E71 error upon start-up until I removed...