Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App

Discus and support Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, this is driving me a bit nuts. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Rebooted and etc; but it will not let me select a default location. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GForce75555, Aug 27, 2019.

1. GForce75555
    GForce75555 Guest

Hi, this is driving me a bit nuts. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Rebooted and etc; but it will not let me select a default location. It just comes up blank. This is for any game and all games; and yes... i tried running as an admin incase.
    It just turns gold looking if i select it Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App :(

Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App [​IMG]

:)

GForce75555, Aug 27, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

In Windows 10, you can now select where your new Windows apps from the Store will install and save data to by default instead of on the Windows drive.

You can select to install new Windows apps to any internal or external drive, including SD cards, USB drives, and USB flash drives. You cannot use mapped network drives, and you can only use one location at a time to save apps to. The drives will not need to
    be formatted to be able to use them to install and store Windows apps.

Windows 10 will only install new apps to the currently selected location.
    Existing apps do not get moved to the new location. If you wanted your existing apps installed to the new location as well, then you could uninstall the apps you want, and install them again to have them installed to the new location. You can
    lose the existing data for the app by doing this though.

Follow the steps to change the location of the apps.

1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the System icon.
    2. Click/tap on Storage on the left side. On the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive you want New apps will save to.
    3. When finished, you can close Settings.

Note: The default location is
    This PC for the Windows C: drive.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

GAME PASS BETA

Another person posted this in another thread.

I followed the directions and it has worked for me.

Once you follow the directions once you click on install it bring up a box asking where you want to install the game.

If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger drive for gaming you generally want to install your games on your storage drive not your boot drive, but as it stands by
    default when you goto use the xbox beta app it wont allow you to change from its default installed drive.

A easy to fix this is to goto system- then storage- and under the storage tab find " change where new content is saved" then select "new apps will save to" and select your preferred storage drive.

Then uninstall your xbox (beta) app, and reinstall it, now when you goto install a new game on the pc game pass it will give you the option to select what drive you want to install it on.

This issue happens because by default windows needs to recognize that your pc has the folder called windows app on that drive and that it has been setup by a windows app installer atleast once, for the
    xbox (beta) app to recognize the new (useable) install location for your games and apps

Hope this helps everyone :)
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Can I download my digital games onto external hard drive

Set you external hard drive as default location in the settings, and every game will be installed there by default no matter whether install was triggered manually or from PC or mobile.

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your Xbox

2. On Settings page, go to System, and then select Storage

3. There, on the right you'll see all the drives including your external drive.

4. Select your external drive where you want to install games, and press A button on controller.

5. This will open the menu. Here select the option "Install here by default".

Then to install games from PC or mobile, you will have to trigger the installation remotely. To do so

1 .Open Microsoft store App, or use Xbox.com

2. Find the game that you own and want to install.

3. There click Install button and you'll be prompted to select a device where to install. Select your Xbox One and proceed.
  5. Paul Bab Win User

Game DVR always saves on C: even if i move the folder

Hi,

To see where your captures are saved, open the Xbox App, select Settings, and then select Game DVR. Under Saving captures, select Open folder to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder, in a folder named
    Captures. This can be moved to different places on your PC, including elsewhere on your hard drive or to external drives. Your Windows 10 PC saves the default storage to where the Captures folder is created.

For more information, feel free to visit this
    link

Regards.
  6. Digital Limit Win User

New external hard drive recognized for media - won't format for games and apps.

Steps to solve external hard drive issues for use with games and apps:

1) Format the drive to NTFS to get the Xbox One to recognize it as a media device.

• Plug the drive into your PC
    • Press the Windows Key + E to bring up Windows Explorer
    • Find the drive in the sidebar on the left, right click on it and select "Format..."
    • Format the drive. NTFS is the only important thing; default settings should be fine.
    • This may take awhile. Disconnect the drive when the format completes
    2) Format the drive to work with Xbox One games and apps.

• Turn on your Xbox One, press the Menu button on your controller and navigate to the Settings page
    • Navigate to System, then Manage Storage
    • Plug in the external hard drive, it should appear to the right of Internal storage. If it does not, verify it fulfills the listed requirements on the Storage page
    • Highlight the drive, select it with the A button (or voice or gesture), and then select Format [drive for Xbox One games and apps]
    • Almost instantly it should be formatted and you're good to go!
Thema:

1. Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App - Similar Threads - Cannot Select Default

2. Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...: Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p for a resolution in the XBox One X settings....nor see the Frame Rate options drop down menu under the resolutions menu. The only options I have in...
  3. Forza 7 - Cannot select Gender

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza 7 - Cannot select Gender: Hello, I have downloaded Forza 7 yesterday, when the game started the intro appeared normally an the next is to choose the drivers gender. But i cant select either one of the two options, i have...
  4. Cannot select Multiplayer in Options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot select Multiplayer in Options: Hi Support, when i am trying to select "Settings-> Multiplayer --> Friends" i get the message, that online gaming is not possible and i have to change my account configuration on xbox.com. I...
  5. you cannot acquire this item in your current selected language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you cannot acquire this item in your current selected language: I have tried to redeem a code which I received from Gears of War 4 which allows you to download all 4 original games. Gears 2 redeems fine but if I try to redeem Gears 3 I get "you cannot acquire...
  6. HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HW2 won't let me select a profile on the start screen, cannot move past: Hello. On the start screen when I click 'Choose Profile' I get a popup saying I must choose a valid profile to proceed and giving me the option to try again or exit the game. This appears to...
  7. I cannot access or select My games and apps on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot access or select My games and apps on my Xbox one: Cannot select or access my games and apps 97b4f258-59c0-42cd-805f-b25a2c57681c
  8. Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...: Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p for a resolution in the XBox One X settings....nor see the Frame Rate options drop down menu under the resolutions menu. The only options I have in...
  9. Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot link Facebook Account - Something went wrong there. Select Find friends to try again.: Hello All, I have been having this issue for years! I for some reason cannot link my xbox account with my facebook account. I have constant support many times with no resolutions. I have...
  10. Cannot start any app or select commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot start any app or select commands: Have this problem about once a week for the last couple months. Completely unplugging the xbox from the power supply and rebooting it corrects the problem. The problem seems to occur most often...